Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:00:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party - Any other leader would be 20 points ahead

Started by king_tubby, February 24, 2021, 02:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 07, 2021, 08:57:12 PM
Some utter tosh from Polly Toynbee. Apparently politics is on pause due to the vaccine rollout, so it doesn't matter how unpopular Keith Starmer is.

Definitely #notacult, though.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 07, 2021, 08:57:12 PM
Some utter tosh from Polly Toynbee. Apparently politics is on pause due to the vaccine rollout, so it doesn't matter how unpopular Keith Starmer is.

So there is no politics until Starmer stars doing well in the polls again, people only care about the vaccinations (what about the economy, rising unemployment, nurses' pay or billions being spent on more nuclear warheads, to name but four) and Starmer should be praised for Scottish labour

Oh and "Sleaze is what fells Tory governments". I'd argue the recession was as big a factor as sleaze for the Major government, and Heath's government didn't fall due to sleaze.

Comments are off on the piece, of course.

The see-saw analogy almost got her and her ilk taking responsibility for a Tory government via the drubbing they gave to the opposition, putting the tories 'up'.

ZoyzaSorris

Christ that is poor even by her dire standards. Laughable.

Buelligan

Anyone taken in by that shite deserves a world run by cunts and idiots.

idunnosomename

her byline photo looks like I've shit on her carpet

Sebastian Cobb

All the Guardian hacks look like that in fairness.

I do feel like the Guardian just openly trolls us, like the article about Joe Biden praising US unions, something we Brits can apparently only look on and envy - ignoring the openly Union backed and Union supporting leader of the opposition the Guardian treated like a fucking piñata on a daily basis for years.

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/apr/07/us-joe-biden-unions-britain-uk-political-leader-covid?

jobotic

Unions that don't back Starmer are awful. We should open wide while he shits in our mouths.

Is a quote from Christine McAnea I believe.

BlodwynPig

QuoteOh, the grand old Duke of Holborn,
He had ten thousand men;
He marched them up to the top of the hill,
And he marched them down again.

When they were up, they were up,
And when they were down, they were down,
And when they were only halfway up,
They were neither up nor down.

Actually didn't need to change the lyrics

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Quote on April 07, 2021, 09:49:33 PM
I do feel like the Guardian just openly trolls us, like the article about Joe Biden praising US unions, something we Brits can apparently only look on and envy - ignoring the openly Union backed and Union supporting leader of the opposition the Guardian treated like a fucking piñata on a daily basis for years.

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/apr/07/us-joe-biden-unions-britain-uk-political-leader-covid?

It is to the point where they are just openly shamelessly laughing at their own readers. The Biden cocksuckery so far is absolutely remarkable, but maybe Starmer is doing such a shit job it looks impressive by comparison.

Ferris

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 07, 2021, 09:49:27 PM
All the Guardian hacks look like that in fairness.

You posted one of (I think) a gurning John Cruddas a few months back that still makes me laugh whenever I think of it.

chveik

Buelligan

Hehehehe, like it chveik.  Obviously, it's awful but it's funny and fair, more than most can hope for in these, the Baleful Days of Keith.

Buelligan

Oh, and another thing, I know we all laugh about Keith and all that and it is funny and very sad.  But this goes way beyond Keith, we should be careful we never forget it.

Remember the days of Cronby.  How Keithy was then, an anodyne unlovable robot, a meeping cheerleader for the second ref, sure, but basically inscrutable, neither fish nor fowl.  OK, he was fishy, so cold and dead but fowl too.  Look at him now. 

Always keep in mind, for future choices, if they don't stand up proud and sing the song all the live long days of their lives, they're probably stitching you up like a fucking kipper or maybe, Bombay duck.  And there are lots and lots like that.  Whatever happens, let's never, ever, go through this again.

Paul Calf

2024: Starmer installed as lifetime leader of Her Majesty's Opposition Party, formerly known as The Labour Party.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Paul Calf on April 08, 2021, 07:56:12 AM
2024: Starmer installed as lifetime leader of Her Majesty's Opposition Party, formerly known as The Labour Party.

Starmer: "we're open for business!...in the Westminster lobby

shoe polishing (boot licking special) - 5 pounds 30 pence
cloakroom (free hangers) - 2 pounds per item
dry cleaning - 10 pounds per item
wet cleaning (hand shandy) - 30 pounds to completion
abstaining - free"

idunnosomename

Martin Kettle, a man paid to state the bleeding obvious

Johnny Yesno

Martin Kettle, a man paid to trap left wing opinion in the freezing cold for hours before arresting it and finally throwing it down the station steps.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteI stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of the golden sand —
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep — while I weep!

O God! Can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?

Buelligan

This is the sort of stuff Labour should be saying, maybe on the statues debate, maybe just because it's true and needs saying -

Quote from: Northern Independence Party@FreeNorthNow
Every Northern town and city has a memorial to Margaret Thatcher. It's called a Food Bank.

https://twitter.com/FreeNorthNow/status/1380074438700494849

idunnosomename

heard Emma "would you nationalise sausages" Barnett with Dodds on Woman's Hour. Brilliantly sums up the pincer movement they got Labour in.

"biggest election defeat since the 1930s, Red Wall, Corbyn gone yes BUT now tell me how you're different to the Tories"

Paul Calf

"Why are you asking me that question? You wanted us to be the same as the Tories."

Sebastian Cobb

king_tubby

Given her expensive education was paid for by her father's sex trafficking business, and she joked about his 'whores' in emails, I would say yes.

Sebastian Cobb

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/apr/08/labour-cries-foul-over-union-poll-showing-tories-on-track-to-take-hartlepool?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

QuoteThey agreed Labour had "a real struggle on our hands in Hartlepool" but attacked what they called "a betrayal of all the Labour activists working so hard", and added: "Unfortunately, there are some factional figures on the hard left who seem intent on wrecking the party, even if that means cosying up to the Conservatives."

Famous Mortimer

Every union should divest from this shower of shit.

idunnosomename

i cant believe there are people in the labour party intent on wrecking the current leadership. awful unprecedented stuff. clap for sir kieth at 8pm tonight.

We're all morons with the memories of goldfish who wouldn't remember the last five years of open sabotage and gleeful wrecking.