Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:23:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party - Any other leader would be 20 points ahead

Started by king_tubby, February 24, 2021, 02:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Buelligan on April 09, 2021, 12:15:39 PM
I would hope that someone like Zarah Sultana - some people think she might well be the left's best hope for a new leader one day - would think carefully before going along with something like this.

What do you imagine 'this' is? I see four women who have dressed smartly for a special occasion. How is that in any way alienating to most people? (And I ask that as someone who hates dressing smartly)

Buelligan

In the interests of fairness, I was alienated by Jess Phillips' prancing and gurning for the cameras, dressing up in the clothes of those that oppress us, by wealth and class, by exploitation of workers and by making many women (and people, in general) believe they can only be real, taken seriously, not treated like a class below, by affording these things.  I said so because I meant it. 

I still mean it and find it disappointing that Zarah Sultana, who I have admired, would behave in a similar way.  So I'm saying so, because it's true and fair.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 09, 2021, 11:47:00 AM
Damn good veins as well. Dude's looking well hench. Probably from lugging all those giant marrows about on his allotment, PHWOARGH

click here Buelligan

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Buelligan on April 09, 2021, 02:00:38 PM
In the interests of fairness, I was alienated by Jess Phillips' prancing and gurning for the cameras, dressing up in the clothes of those that oppress us, by wealth and class, by exploitation of workers and by making many women (and people, in general) believe they can only be real, taken seriously, not treated like a class below, by affording these things.

Yes, that's one of the many reasons Jess Phillips is annoying. Can you see any prancing or gurning in ridiculously expensive clothes here?

Johnny Yesno

Lets not forget, this is one of the 'grown ups in the room'.

Buelligan

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on April 09, 2021, 02:09:14 PM
Yes, that's one of the many reasons Jess Phillips is annoying. Can you see any prancing or gurning in ridiculously expensive clothes here?

No.  Thank all that's good, no prancing but still, all those matching hats and bags, those meaningless poses, I know it's Vogue but I'd hope that women like Sultana would insist on subverting it.  She's a politician, a brain and a voice, sure she's beautiful but show us how to do that Zarah, show us how to do it all, don't dance to their tune.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on April 09, 2021, 02:13:53 PM

Lets not forget, this is one of the 'grown ups in the room'.

Always puts me in mind of her doing a giant fart this picture does

Paul Calf

Quote from: Paul Calf on April 09, 2021, 01:41:39 PM
Assuming she had any control at all over the wat the article was presented, what should she have done?

Buelligan

Sorry Paul.  I don't know for certain because I've never been interviewed by Vogue but I believe that slebs and pollies have some leverage about pictures and so on.  My own feeling is, if she was approached by Vogue and wants to do an interview with them, do it but refuse to dress up in their wardrobe and pose for shots like this.  Give them access to you at work or home or whatever you feel represents where you're coming from.  Politics is about messaging.  Successful politicians take care of that.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 09, 2021, 11:53:20 AM
I reckon Sadiq needs a cane to complete the look.

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on April 09, 2021, 01:48:56 PM
I reckon Corbyn needs some cane to complete the look.

I reckon Corbyn needs a cane to support his big ol' marrow as it grows all big and firm

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on April 09, 2021, 02:05:23 PM

It's big, it's firm, and it's full of seed

Sebastian Cobb

lol some of the labour right are falling victim to guido bin-raking regarding Prince Philip.
https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1380518408702337026

king_tubby

'I didn't realise Guido leaks would eat my face!' said the people previously leaking to Guido.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 09, 2021, 03:13:51 PM
lol some of the labour right are falling victim to guido bin-raking regarding Prince Philip.
https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1380518408702337026

Hahahahahaha

No more than a bunch of disingenuous phoney cunts deserve. Hope it makes Mail front page.

Buelligan

Yeah, although it's the first time I've read them saying much that's honest or that I agree with.

One of their lesser crimes, but a lesson that the people they appease and try to make bread with will inevitably fuck them over too when the time comes.

A lesson they'll spend the rest of their lives failing to learn of course.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Quote on April 09, 2021, 03:39:20 PM
One of their lesser crimes, but a lesson that the people they appease and try to make bread with will inevitably fuck them over too when the time comes.

You'd think people like this would die out but it looks like there's another generation of them:
https://twitter.com/jimmysergi_/status/1380495577151066112

Video Game Fan 2000

The class reductionism on display in these youngsters who don't like to call their equals in basic humanity "your majesty"

can't they tell that things are more complex than that

Johnny Yesno

imitationleather

Did that kid actually go to Eton like the replies are suggesting?

Zetetic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Quote on April 09, 2021, 03:39:20 PM

"He who lays down with dogs, gets fucked by dogs" - Ian Austin MP

Buelligan

Baron Austin of Doggystyle, now, I think you'll find.

Disgraceful ermine, earlier

Shoulders?-Stomach!

What a shitstirring little cunt. Is the Right's new tactic to cordon off everyone aged between 16-40 as a dead loss and start proselytising to 10 year olds?

Lose all hope and imagination and individual agency children! Prepare for a world where your actions can achieve nothing. Look, David Miliband is here with one of his faces! Let him speak.

idunnosomename

keir is like john major if his dullness was chronically insincere. as of today, I officially hate the cunt more than Boris Johnson. absolute sewer of a man.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 09, 2021, 10:51:57 PM
keir is like john major if his dullness was chronically insincere. as of today, I officially hate the cunt more than Boris Johnson. absolute sewer of a man.

Obviously he can't say 'Think Phil was a cunt meself'

But this.

Johnny Yesno

Sebastian Cobb

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 10, 2021, 12:25:38 PM
looks like Labour are emailing people in arrears to tell them NIP is a scam:
https://twitter.com/FreeNorthNow/status/1380828771167657988

Who is running the strategy here? Surely the more Labour treat them as a threat (currently they are barely more than a noisy twitter account) the more they will actually become a threat (due to Labour amplifying their profile and drawing people's attention to the fact there is a non abhorrent alternative to vote for).

JamesTC