Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:59:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party - Any other leader would be 20 points ahead

Started by king_tubby, February 24, 2021, 02:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Pauline Walnuts

A lot of people agree with the Pub landlord that lockdowns are bad,

https://twitter.com/AnnelieseDodds/status/1384044284496601096

wonderful timing there.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on April 19, 2021, 05:07:18 PM
Imagine being a sensible grown up in 2021 and still saying "magic grandpa".

Once Keith's gone I'll probably knock the "Keith" stuff on the head.

Tony B. Liar.

Girly swot

lipsink

Aparrently Starmer wiped the landlord's glasses on his balls before handing them back to him. Legend.

pancreas

Zetetic

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 19, 2021, 06:26:51 PM
The median wage was 26,000 in 2010 and is now under 25,000?
Median equivalised income is £30k now, in 2010 it was about £22k (not adjusted for inflation since[nb]About £28k, adjusting using CPIH.[/nb]).

The median full-time salary in 2010 was about £26k (not adjusted for inflation since).

bgmnts

What the fuck who's making all this money? If I earnt 26k in my life ever I'd consider myself rich as fuck!

Zetetic

There's massive geographic variation - London and the South East vs. the former-East-Germany-esque bits of Britain.

Ferris

olliebean

Novara tonight were contrasting Keith refusing to take lectures from pub cunt with Gordon Brown taking a lecture from that bigoted woman and then complaining about her when he thought he was off-mic.

pigamus

idunnosomename

Brown dealt with the bigoted women way better on camera, the hot mic was his boner. it does show how bad he is that Kier couldn't diffuse the situation, and ended up getting rattled. handing him his spectacles was an afterthought and also opened him to more shitty abuse from a mentalist.

if he had an ounce of charisma or anything he could've improv'd a speech like "these are all tough times, I see WHY you're frustrated, but this pandemic is very serious, and if anything, if the current government had followed (Jeremy Corbyn's) advice to lockdown earlier, we wouldn't have so many excess deaths and such a drawn out lockdown. and I, as Sirkier, am committed to recovering your economic independence as a small business etc"

instead he was like a hair away from just smacking him on the head, and them grappling and rolling around in the gutter

the "excuse me, car needs to get through" and they all move out of the way made me laugh.

olliebean

Quote from: pigamus on April 19, 2021, 09:04:24 PM
What, favourably?

A little favourably I think, I wasn't paying very close attention tbh especially as I'd just had to skip through all the football stuff. They may just have been reporting what someone else had said about it.

BlodwynPig

Tyskie is little more than a gossip booth these days.

kittens

pigamus

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 19, 2021, 09:42:39 PM
Tyskie is little more than a gossip booth these days.

I did notice Bastani tweeting very much Team Landlord earlier today. Seemed a bit opportunistic.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Zetetic on April 19, 2021, 06:39:58 PM
There's massive geographic variation - London and the South East vs. the former-East-Germany-esque bits of Britain.

Or just visit Leeds and sit on the number 50 for a few hours.

Buelligan

idunnosomename

I suspect he took them off to make a point (as you do), left them on a outside table, and Sir Keir was the chivalrous knight in handing them back, expecting redemption for his virtuous deed. and then was told get the fuck out of the pub

Zetetic

I thought they fell from the landlord when Keir's older, burlier brother rammed him into a staircase.

Jockice

Remember a few weeks ago I showed you a comment from a mate of mine who took offence to me taking the piss out of Starmer on my Facebook page? It was a lengthy rant about how Labour were the only alternative to the government and if I liked protesting I should join the SWP. He was also sure that once people like me had left the party would find plenty of new members to take my place.

Rather a strange piece I thought. We've been friends since our teens and he knows fine well that I try to wind up people on my page all the time (although rather bizarrely the only posts that people have really objected to apart from that are ones about James Corden and Emlyn Hughes) but I didn't really take offence anyway (live by the sword etc) and he apologised, saying he was just frustrated at hearing bad things about Starmer.

Well, I saw him at the weekend and asked him if he'd be doing the door rounds for Labour in the forthcoming elections. He's not. He 'can't be arsed.' Now, he's been a loyal member for a long time and even though he personally had misgivings about Corbyn he still went out and did it. If the party's making people like him apathetic I think it could be in very big trouble.

Meanwhile, the other friend who joined Labour simply to vote for Starmer, had a go at me for saying I preferred RLB and then texted me saying it was 'great news' when he won, hasn't mentioned him at all this year, although we are in fairly regular contact. Buyer's remorse I suspect.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Zetetic on April 19, 2021, 11:46:16 PM
I thought they fell from the landlord when Keir's older, burlier brother rammed him into a staircase.

is that a Kray Twin reference?

"Here's your glasses. Consider our offer or my brother won't be so gentle next time"

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Jockice on April 20, 2021, 07:41:02 AM
Remember a few weeks ago I showed you a comment from a mate of mine who took offence to me taking the piss out of Starmer on my Facebook page? It was a lengthy rant about how Labour were the only alternative to the government and if I liked protesting I should join the SWP. He was also sure that once people like me had left the party would find plenty of new members to take my place.

Rather a strange piece I thought. We've been friends since our teens and he knows fine well that I try to wind up people on my page all the time (although rather bizarrely the only comments that people have really taken offence to apart from that are ones about James Corden and Emlyn Hughes) but I didn't really take offence anyway (live by the sword etc) and he apologised, saying he was just frustrated at hearing bad things about Starmer.

Well, I saw him at the weekend and asked him if he'd be doing the door rounds for Labour in the forthcoming elections. He's not. He 'can't be arsed.' Now, he's been a loyal member for a long time and even though he personally had misgivings about Corbyn he still went out and did it. If the party's making people like him apathetic I think it could be in very big trouble.

Meanwhile, the other friend who joined Labour simply to vote for Starmer, had a go at me for saying I preferred RLB and then texted me saying it was 'great news' when he won, hasn't mentioned him at all this year, although we are in fairly regular contact. Buyer's remorse I suspect.

Glory hunters

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Starmer inspires apathy. You take one look at him and can tell that absolutely nothing is going to change other than seeing his fat ham face everywhere instead of the last cunt's.

druss

Quote from: Shirleylind.2
He has to say that. History will show whether Rod is right or not. By the way as an investigative journalist can you get a medical person to look into claims of fibres within the blue disposable masks? If they are flatworm parasites what a story!

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 19, 2021, 03:22:59 PM
I saw that! Surely a wind up.

Don't call her Shirl... oh.

lipsink

The theory that Starmer is there to kill any enthusiasm or passion built up during up the Corbyn years is pretty credible.

I mean, would anyone leave their house and go knocking on doors because of this man?

Paul Calf

Starmer is a professional buzzkill. Imagine that being your legacy: you destroyed the hope, optimism, drive and enthusiasm of millions of people, young and old with a vision of a better future for everyone, for the benefit of a few rich old cunts. A hyper-Corrigan.

greenman

Quote from: Jockice on April 20, 2021, 07:41:02 AM

Rather a strange piece I thought. We've been friends since our teens and he knows fine well that I try to wind up people on my page all the time (although rather bizarrely the only posts that people have really objected to apart from that are ones about James Corden and Emlyn Hughes) but I didn't really take offence anyway (live by the sword etc) and he apologised, saying he was just frustrated at hearing bad things about Starmer.

I do wonder in these situations what the best way to react is, if leaving them be might be the better option, give enough info for them to see how they've been tricked without rubbing it in.

I get the sense a lot of more strident centralists on the net basically ended up in that situation and couldn't bare the hit to their ego, hence the extreme hostility to Corbyn, a man who consistently punctured the fantasy world they didn't want to leave.

Fambo Number Mive

Keith should have challenged the landlord to a shoe throwing competition.

BlodwynPig