Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:04:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party - Any other leader would be 20 points ahead

Started by king_tubby, February 24, 2021, 02:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lipsink

The main arguments will be:

• We have a mountain to climb after Corbyn.
    • The Tories had a great vaccine rollout.
    • It's all the Left's fault.

NoSleep

Quote from: lipsink on May 05, 2021, 09:09:37 PM

• We have a mountain to climb after Corbyn.

So why are they running down the slope?

DrGreggles

"Things can only
Spoiler alert
get worse before they
[close]
get better!"[/i]

idunnosomename

SIRkieth rolling down the hill and got grass stains all over his pants. you NAUGHTY boy! you won't win elections by playing the giddy goat

king_tubby

Johnson picking a fight with the French is going to fuck Labour even more.

BlodwynPig

Blumf

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 05, 2021, 09:42:53 PM
SIRkieth rolling down the hill and got grass stains all over his pants. you NAUGHTY boy! you won't win elections by playing the giddy goat

WINNING!!

Kankurette

Labour are not getting the Red Wall back, Keith. Deal with it. Move as far right as you want, Labour will always be woke leftie metropolitan scumbags to them.

idunnosomename

at the moment i feel like sirkier is tetsuo and i am kaori and all i can do is laugh before i get squashed into red

jobotic

Keith has already won. There will not be a left-wing MP for Hartlepool.

Ferris

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 05, 2021, 09:38:48 PM
"Things can only
Spoiler alert
get worse before they
[close]
get better!"[/i]

It's always darkest before the
Spoiler alert
summary dismissal of all those party staffers who campaigned for your shitty handpicked candidate the day after the election. Solidarity, lads.
[close]

The way the melts are spinning this is so transparent, I don't even think the media will be onside with it this time tomorrow.

James O'Brien's head is so far up his own arse that he thinks THIS is the right time to relitigate the Brexit argument. That'll win back the red wall James, you delusional dickhead.

idunnosomename

Has james ever admitted he wring on anything. He does to me seem like he has a narcissistic personality disorder

Sebastian Cobb

Paul Calf

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 06, 2021, 10:04:06 AM
Has james ever admitted he wring on anything. He does to me seem like he has a narcissistic personality disorder

Yeah, I'd say.

idunnosomename

I notice his new book is called How Not To Be Wring. Wrong.

Cant imagine how awful they must be

Kankurette

Do people know that there are other cities and people outside the Red Wall who vote Labour? Do we not exist now?

The Red Wall aren't coming back. I wish Labour would accept it.

Zetetic

Quote from: Kankurette on May 06, 2021, 10:15:37 AM
Do people know that there are other cities and people outside the Red Wall who vote Labour? Do we not exist now?
The marginal electoral value of many of these people is close to nil.

Not only do they think they can win it back, they think they can do it via a rejoin campaign. They will never, ever learn.

I actually feel bad for kieth at this point.

Buelligan

I don't.  He and his allies worked hard to fuck up any chance of a Labour government, IMO, because they don't care about serving people.  Not all the people.  They care about serving themselves and BAE Systems and controlling interests and Big Cunt.

They deserve ignominy.  I hope they receive it soon.

jobotic

Quote from: jobotic on May 06, 2021, 12:00:10 AM
Keith has already won. There will not be a left-wing MP for Hartlepool.

Quote from: Kankurette on May 06, 2021, 10:15:37 AM

The Red Wall aren't coming back. I wish Labour would accept it.

They don't want our votes. They don't want our affiliated funds. Fine, they won't get them.

jobotic

QuoteLabour strategists say their electoral chances this week have been hampered by two welcome, and successful, government policies: the furlough scheme, under which the state has paid millions of people's wages, and the successful delivery of the Covid vaccine.

Keir Starmer's team point out that the feelgood factor from the vaccine rollout, and the relaxing of restrictions on voters' everyday lives, would be a challenging backdrop for any opposition party. And they insist his is a long-term project of restoring Labour to winning form by the time of the next general election.

We lost because the government is so great.

Fambo Number Mive

I wouldn't call the furlough scheme a success given it meant a 20% pay cut for millions and lots of people who were self-employed were excluded. Extensions to the scheme were also announced late meaning that some jobs which could have been saved were cut.

Also, shouldn't the many mistakes the government made with COVID during 2020 and early 2021 have some effect? Opening schools and closing them one day later? Being late to lockdown three times? Or do voters only have the memory of the last four months (and even then mistakes were made).

Meanwhile the fact that Brexit cut across party and political lines would have been challenging for any opposition in 2019 and 2017 is ignored. One rule for Keith and another for Corbyn.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 06, 2021, 11:04:47 AM
I reckon this might boil some piss - https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1390244482801668096
ARGH THE BITTER OLD GNOME!!! WHY DOES HE ALWAYS MAKE EVERYTHING ABOUT HIMSELF!??!!? THIS IS WHY THE RED WALL FELL JEREMY. JUST GO. GO . RESIGN

NoSleep

"Polls open as Starmer promises to 'carry the can' for Labour election results"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/may/05/keir-starmer-labour-braces-for-challenging-elections

Disingenuous use of the phrase "carry the can[nb]"to accept blame or responsibility for something that one did not cause"[/nb]" by the graun in the headline there, as it isn't mentioned in the article.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: king_tubby on May 05, 2021, 09:53:20 PM
Johnson picking a fight with the French is going to fuck Labour even more.

First thought I had when I read that story. Fuck sake the french. Did it have to be today?!