Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:56:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party - Any other leader would be 20 points ahead

Started by king_tubby, February 24, 2021, 02:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuoteLeader says party considering moving HQ out of London to show it represents the whole country after May election defeats

Can't help but sound like yet more empty symbolism. Just get some fucking policies together that might actually help people - then try and sell those policies to them.

Surely the last ten years of results show that you don't represent the whole country and for whatever reason you've been left in the wilderness, engaged in either petty and pointless factional disputes or a delusional desire to persuade yourselves it's somehow still 1997. Recognising you've saddled yourselves with a hapless, uncharismatic void of a leader whose offered the public nothing but bland, patronising nothingness would be another good place to start.

Fambo Number Mive

Starmer will put the party HQ on wheels.and drive it around the Red Wall. Journalists will complain that they travelled to Hartlepool but the HQ had moved to Mansfield

Goldentony

who the fuck is telling evening standard writers to say thumping

JamesTC

Forgotten Starmer's name whilst out before for about 5 minutes. Just kept saying "Keith Harris" and "Keith Chegwin" to myself for ages before I remembered that Keith isn't his actual name.

idunnosomename

I mean where is Khan in the Labour party? I never really understand. he gets so much shit from people saying he's a muslim terrorist handing out knives to delinquents you kinda root for him, even though honestly, he's a bit rubbish isnt he?

holyzombiejesus

It's completely fucking depressing. No schadenfreude, no fun to be had laughing at bell-ends, just shit-loads of horrible people.

idunnosomename

honestly, Im not celebrating, but I find the Hartlepool loss very funny

poor saudi paul :(

bgmnts

Keir Starmer vows to do 'whatever is necessary'.

He cant even do the bare minimum.

imitationleather

Paul running back to his car avoiding the interviewer like a bad plumber on Rogue Traders will stay with me.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

On the plus side, the number of Tory milfs is increasing for Saudi Paul with every week that passes.

Ferris

Quote from: imitationleather on May 07, 2021, 08:31:43 PM
So polling is saying Starmer's leadership was the main reason for people not voting Labour. <oof>

Doesn't look good for corbyn.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 07, 2021, 10:47:16 PM
Starmer will put the party HQ on wheels.and drive it around the Red Wall. Journalists will complain that they travelled to Hartlepool but the HQ had moved to Mansfield

Going around on a bus after they've been given their association with brexit lies, tinge's plainness and jo swinson's hubris would be very on brand. He should definitely do it.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: imitationleather on May 07, 2021, 11:50:46 PM
Paul running back to his car avoiding the interviewer like a bad plumber on Rogue Traders will stay with me.

Missed this and the thread's been busy, do you have a link please?

idunnosomename

It's the Kiethbus!

but wha da it gaa?

Where does it stop?

Watch for headline of the press red top!

Stop!

IT'S THE RACIST STOP!

Goldentony

get on the keith bus and immediately get tuberculosis of the bellend

Video Game Fan 2000

"What does it sound like when Keith starts his bus, Eddy?"
"Wim wim wim wim wim WimminNGirrrrrrls wimwim wimwim"

Quote from: Goldentony on May 08, 2021, 02:03:53 AM
get on the keith bus and immediately get tuberculosis of the bellend

next time you wank no spunk comes out but your meatus says "wimminNgirls" loud enough to wake the neighbours.

peanutbutter

Quote from: imitationleather on May 07, 2021, 11:50:46 PM
Was probably instructed to do exactly that. A portion of his issue, and Labour councillors in general, has to have been that HQ seems to get quite angry when anyone goes off script, even though HQ isn't providing anything at all to run with

NoSleep

QuotePeter Mandelson, who held the Hartlepool seat for Labour from 1992 to 2004, said he was "fairly gutted" at the result but also felt "a mild fury that the last 10 years of what we have been doing in the Labour party nationally and locally has brought us to this result".

He told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "What I would say is this, and remind the party we have not won a general election in 16 years. We have lost the last four, with 2019 a catastrophe – the last 11 general elections read: lose, lose, lose, lose, Blair, Blair, Blair, lose, lose, lose, lose.

Hartlepool: win, win, win, win, win, win, win, win, win, win, Kieth.

Buelligan

I think politics in general has become so brentian it is brain-breaking.  Dada politics, as Bastani said recently.

jobotic

he doesn't care. His speech would have been "thanks Keith for giving me the opportunity to increase my income, but it wasn't to be."

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Dr Rock

Quote from: Mandelson
We have lost the last four, with 2019 a catastrophe

Whereas the one before had Crobbins getting the highest vote share since Blair. And excluding Blair, the highest vote share for Labour since 1974.

2019 was a freak election cos of Brexit.

Buelligan

Quote from: jobotic on May 08, 2021, 09:19:24 AM
he doesn't care. His speech would have been "thanks Keith for giving me the opportunity to increase my income, but it wasn't to be."

He was probably late for a penis-measuring session with Owen Smith on zoom.

lipsink

Oh well. At least Matt Forde isn't politically homeless anymore.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Centrists will never accept their political positioning is the reason for their defeat, it will always be pinned on more nebulous things like leadership. To be fair, I thought Starmer would be a dull but effective communicator, turns out he is absolutely shite at everything. Corbyn outdid him in his Channel 4 interview, almost effortlessly.

Quote from: lipsink on May 08, 2021, 09:38:53 AM
Oh well. At least Matt Forde isn't politically homeless anymore.

I went and looked at Matt Forde's twitter feed out of curiosity. His pinned tweet promotes his forthcoming live interview with Peter Mandleson.

It's all just grey water swirling around a sink.

Bernice

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 08, 2021, 09:44:21 AM
Centrists will never accept their political positioning is the reason for their defeat, it will always be pinned on more nebulous things like leadership. To be fair, I thought Starmer would be a dull but effective communicator, turns out he is absolutely shite at everything. Corbyn outdid him in his Channel 4 interview, almost effortlessly.

What really gets me is that, for people who insist on notional 'electability' and positioning and optics, they have so little clue what the people they're courting actually want. Their centrism itself is built on some notion of the electorate as occupying 'the middle ground' when that ground is the point where the fewest people stand. Voters want policies that address the things that matter to them, that speak to their concerns. By and large they don't give a shit about left, right or centre. They want something to believe in. And all the 'grownups' can serve them is fucking flags and a vague and unbelievable promise of apolitical competence. It's pathetic.