Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:40:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party - Any other leader would be 20 points ahead

Started by king_tubby, February 24, 2021, 02:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

Kankurette

The Mumsnet thread on Hartlepool seems to think the main reason it went blue was because of 'wokeness', I.e. Labour are too pro-trans/black. Do people in Hartlepool really care so much about trans people they'd vote Tory? It's far more likely to be Brexit. The Tories delivered Brexit, Labour tried to undermine it.

BlodwynPig

Have hate crimes been legalised now - all these fucks going on about blacks and trans people as less than deserving at best, vermin at worst. Get fucking police on them.

Daniel

Kankurette

The Greens are making a sizeable amount of gains. Are they the left's protest vote party?

Blod, self-ID happened under the Tories. That's the bizarre thing. Not Labour.

Buelligan

Pink Gregory

Sebastian Cobb

QuoteHad it confirmed by two sources that Keir Starmer has sacked Angela Rayner as party chair.

So much for "I take full responsibility" ...

https://twitter.com/FisherAndrew79/status/1391087618100695043

I realise there's not much love for Rayner round here, but this is pointing to anyone who was willing to work with him at risk of being blackballed by his anti-midas  touch.

Kankurette

monkfromhavana

peanutbutter

We're probably at the point where the idiots behind him have decided it's his fault and are just gonna push him to do the stuff they want before giving him the boot

Trying to picture this oaf in interviews explaining the rationale behind this move if it's true beyond "well I had to blame someone!"

Blumf

Middle-manager doctrine in these situations is to rebrand.

Well, we want the Union Flag, to show we're patriotic, but we also want to show we're caring and sustainable, so...

lipsink

He's gonna get Jess the Dancing Legend in, isn't he?

peanutbutter

Quote from: Blumf on May 08, 2021, 07:20:39 PM
Middle-manager doctrine in these situations is to rebrand.

Well, we want the Union Flag, to show we're patriotic, but we also want to show we're caring and sustainable, so...

They relaunched in February though

New haircut? More photos of him as part of a supergroup of him and former Blair cabinet picks rather than the focus all being on him?

imitationleather

monkfromhavana

Quote from: imitationleather on May 08, 2021, 07:30:24 PM
Time to activate Blunkett.

Like the scene in Demolition Man where they unfreeze Wesley Snipes and he goes on the rampage.

greencalx

DrGreggles

It's actually good fun (having left the party) to just sit back and watch it all going so badly.
Keith's increasingly resembling a sort of hapless Frank Spencer figure.
I half expect him to turn up to PMQs with no trousers and a bucket stuck on his head.

holyzombiejesus

I realise there's not much love for Rayner round here, but hahahahahahahaha

lipsink

And it was all going so well with his trolling visit to John Lewis...

imitationleather

Looking forward to seeing what the next set of polls are like.

peanutbutter

This is just him absolutely blindly following David Evans and his other advisors isn't it? They're all used to throwing a massive strop after results and have forgotten they've installed a man who blindly follows their every word.

It is just such a staggeringly dumb decision. Even if she (rightly) blew up on him in the last 36 hours or something like that.

BlodwynPig

Sacked as chair, does that mean sacked as deputy?

imitationleather

The deputy can't be sacked, as you'll remember from the Tom Watson era.

monkfromhavana

"So Keith, who do you prefer, The Stone Roses or Oasis?"

Daniel

She can't be sacked as deputy as it's elected by the members...further demonstration though of how it's stupid to have them voted in separately, as they are stuck with each other even if they are completely at odds like with Corbyn and Watson.

BlodwynPig

imitationleather

Wes Streeting being rumoured as a replacement!!!!!!!

EOLAN

Quote from: imitationleather on May 08, 2021, 07:47:59 PM
Wes Streeting being rumoured as a replacement!!!!!!!

So digging themselves further into the bunker.