Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:49:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Cowboy - WiFi On The Prairie

Started by Gregory Torso, February 24, 2021, 09:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Torso

ah ahjg been spending most of today calling my laptop a godless nottingham fucking pile of shit it can;t even process simple tasks.

"Wi-Fi On The Prairie" is an album from last year of extreimely satisfying noise punk made by The Cowboy from Ohio in the US, one of the best places on earth for making satisfying noise punk in my opinion (Cleveland and Columbus repraZENT). whether you enjoy relaxing by the pool listening to Spray Paint (who are from Texas, dick head), running along the beach with The Thomas Jefferson Slave Apartments or just hanging out in your turquoise highly flammable crete paper shellsuit near an electric fire enjoying the lilting taste of Pere Ubu. This album makes my brain feel unhooked and cherry coke and christ I need some relaxation in this place. I;m fuckign furious.

Two dudes in this band (yes, I like using the word dudes I don't and won't apologise for it) were in the band The Homostupids who were fucking brilliant.

Im sick of writing. I hate words. You can listen to this album here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4MKNs7g__s and download it for NOTHING at their bandcamp page (or bung them a couple of quid you cheap skate man) https://thecowboycle.bandcamp.com/

NOISE PUNK FOR THE BOTTOM MATHS SET

p

i am going to take a hammer to this fucking anus lap top

GoblinAhFuckScary

GoblinAhFuckScary

Gregory Torso

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on February 24, 2021, 09:26:08 PM
V much so it's fabulous and one of the better noisey releases of last year.

I rec this loads and loads and loads if you've not heard it

This is cool, reminds me of Lung Leg or Bette Davis & The Balconettes.

Gregory Torso

I am fighting to not let this record slip away

The Mollusk

New music mate? Band we've never heard of? Fat chance

I have got this downloaded and the tab is open on my laptop for double reminder. Was listening to Eighties Matchbox first album and Melt-Banana today so gearing up for some more noisy stuff, could be a winner this weekend!!!

Gregory Torso

Hope you enjoy! Sloppier and noisier than Eighties Matchbox but not as whacked out as Melt Banaz, should be a good evening.

The Mollusk

Gave this a couple or three listens yesterday and really enjoyed it a lot. I'm enamoured by how they at once sound like a group of kids warming up for the local battle of the bands in the school assembly hall and also a seasoned punk band with all the haphazard firework energy fizzing away inside them channeling the exact right amount into their instruments. For all its scrappy chaotic chugging it carries a very solid refinement of classic punk spirit which, honestly, would be lost in the hands of a band trying too hard to bottle that lightning.

In contrast to Show Me The Body (namedropping them here not just to prod you again into listening to them but also as a valid comparison point), who make a conscious and very well-realised effort to layer considered dynamics on a classic hardcore aesthetic, The Cowboy don't outwardly appear to be making an effort to sound sloppy and noisy, they just seem to be belting it out with relatively little pre- or after-thought, and it works massively in their favour. This is how they excel most and perform their material best. I really like how on more than one occasion theres a drumstick count-in which is nowhere near the tempo of the song that immediately follows, but somehow it just works? That's great.

I need to give the lyrics some more analysis as there appears to be recurring themes and a sort of concept going on here. Really digging this though. The sort of thing that's exciting enough that as soon as it's done I want to wheel it up and play it again.

Hank_Kingsley

This is a very catchy album, reminds me a lot of the 'egg punk' bands that have popped up over the past few years. I really dig Steve Peffer's other band Pleasure Leftists https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lakiOiqzCdA, more straightforward post-punk, slightly gothic rock.

The Mollusk

Was having a listen to some of Torso's other shouts in the OP. I really enjoyed Spray Paint, sort of like that Aussie band Total Control except not a total load of shit. Homostupids are wicked as well but I was listening to it on the tube and their tinny racket was absolutely drowned out by the insane rattle of the train.

Looking forward to checking out other suggesteroonies from Goblin and Hank (great to see you back here, man).

I'd like to put forward RUNNING who put out a couple of albums on Castle Face, both around the 20 minute mark, both just snarly hardcore with an incomprehensible reverb drenched vocalist who sounds like John Lydon having a bad time in the back of a cave.

This is a You Problem

Reclaimed Would

They've got a self-titled and another album called "Asshole Savant" as well and they're largely great but its the other two albums I'm most familiar with. Wicked band.