Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:32:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Monty Python's Flying Circus [split topic]

Started by Sex Festival Organizer, January 29, 2021, 09:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daf

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on February 26, 2021, 12:53:25 PM
Very possibly the finest example of a restoration to an older TV series by an absolute mile.

And not just the film bits - the quality of the studio video is the best I've ever seen - pin sharp!

Ptolemy Ptarmigan

Quote from: Satchmo Distel on February 26, 2021, 02:27:56 PM
Another sketch that was only in the German special IIRC: fish slapping on the bridge. Not hugely funny but I can see why they enjoyed doing it.
It was in the TV show, but not originally recorded for it. Series 3, I think.

Uncle TechTip

Site is under heavy traffic atm. Hope it returns today at this price as I have now had a sleep to mull it over.

Mr_Simnock

The extras included are also fantastic, the promo films for businesses are quite fascinating in particular.

McChesney Duntz

Quote from: Satchmo Distel on February 26, 2021, 02:27:56 PM
'Suits you' has always annoyed me too. Unfair on Idle, whom I admire and have seen live, to single those out but it's my gut feeling.
Whatever one might say about Eric Idle, I think it's not quite on to blame him for anything from The Fast Show.

TheMonk

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on January 30, 2021, 01:16:21 AM
It's Cleese's attitude that annoys me most often, particularly his deriding the O2 shows with what he likes to think is psychologically healthy honesty. I went to one of the shows and it was probably the most joyous event I'd been to, and for everyone there as far as I could see, performers included.
I can imagine so but for anyone who wasn't there it sure didn't come across well in the film released.
What has he said about it?

Andy147

Quote from: Ptolemy Ptarmigan on February 26, 2021, 02:41:34 PM
It was in the TV show, but not originally recorded for it. Series 3, I think.

Yes, the fish-slapping dance was originally in the Python section of Euroshow '71 May Day Special. (The link is to the version shown in "Python Night" from 1999).

Rich Uncle Skeleton

as expected given the fuss last year, my set arrived today with the inner box torn in places. they've offered to send me a replacement box but to be honest it's unreasonably large as it is, not sure i can be arsed! most likely going to just keep the separate sets on the shelf and bung the box in the attic

Glebe

This season's must-have item for the discerning Python fan!

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on March 02, 2021, 08:58:46 PM
as expected given the fuss last year, my set arrived today with the inner box torn in places. they've offered to send me a replacement box but to be honest it's unreasonably large as it is, not sure i can be arsed! most likely going to just keep the separate sets on the shelf and bung the box in the attic

Exactly as I have done!