Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:14:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Live 8 - How was it for you?

Started by Adrian Brezhnev, July 02, 2005, 11:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian Brezhnev

Quote from: "Mister Cairo"my only gripe is the lack of focus on arms sales-which contribute to 1/5 of the debt created.
Ah, well, that's politics for you.

Cappsy

Regular John

HAHAHAHAH he went for a WEE!

Mr Flunchy

Where did all Elton John's hair come from?

Adrian Brezhnev

It was weaved specially for the occasion, presumably.

alan strang

"He won't go 'Breaking Your Heart'... (with Kiki Dee...)"

Heh heh.

smewie lewis

Quote from: "alan strang""He won't go 'Breaking Your Heart'... (with Kiki Dee...)"

Heh heh.
heh heh

Adrian Brezhnev

Heh indeed.

Has anyone tried watching or listening to the events in any of the other countries yet?

mcbpete

What was that video link that got turned off half way through about? I'm guessing it wasn't due to a technical fault.

Adrian Brezhnev

alan strang

Quote from: "smewie lewis"
Quote from: "alan strang""He won't go 'Breaking Your Heart'... (with Kiki Dee...)"

Heh heh.
heh heh

Problem? It's those little details in Little Britain that stop me from writing them off completely.

Adrian Brezhnev

I think Elton J was sensible in concentrating on his early 1970s songs. However, there's something about Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting that did not quite suit his latter day demeanor. He can still play the piano well on stage, but the vocals and presentation were rather like what one would expect of a bloated pub singer.

I'd imagine that getting in to brawls outside the pubs of Grimsby after closing time is not something that happens to him particularly often.

Still Not George

Sorry, I don't know if I got the wrong end of the stick, but I thought this Pete Docherty bloke was supposed to be good? As well as being, y'know, a rebel and does drugs and his mum's so ashamed of him, innit.

Adrian Brezhnev

Well, he's convincing I suppose as being a child of the revolution- but this is not his finest moment. A lieutenant pigeon, as Jonathan Ross called him.

BagJob

For me, Lou and Andy have been the highlight of the show so far.

Adrian Brezhnev

Does Jonathan Ross really have to keep asking people "what numbers are you going to be doing?"? This isn't Sudoku Live.

Adrian Brezhnev

At least Bjork's always full of surprises.

Tokyo Sexwhale

Travis are going to be doing, "Why Does It Always Rain On Me?

I'm sure many Africans will sympathise with those sentiments....

Oh, and Vernon Kaye fuck off.

Regular John

Quote from: "Tokyo Sexwhale"Travis are going to be doing, "Why Does It Always Rain On Me?

I'm sure many Africans will sympathise with those sentiments.....

Maybe the rain is metaphorical and is in fact their own tears?

Adrian Brezhnev

Quote from: "Tokyo Sexwhale"Oh, and Vernon Kaye fuck off.
....ideally back to Wigan.

I wonder if Tokyo Sexwale will be making an appearance at the Johannesburg event.

Cappsy

Robot Devil

Bill Gates? The fuck?

EDIT: Heh, great minds...

Adrian Brezhnev

mcbpete

"With Windows XP, all poverty will go away"

Regular John

Bill Gates has donated more money to charity as an individual than anyone else ever.

mcbpete

Apparently so, and good for him !

Adrian Brezhnev

Well, if they've got people like Bill Gates making appearances, I wouldn't rule out Stephen Hawking doing a rap during the Pink Floyd set.

Doctor Stamen

Dido sounds like a fucking bad tap.

Adrian Brezhnev

No, just a little sharp. It's Eurovision 2003 all over again.

Ah, now it's Youssou N'dour. Excellent. That's more like it.

Robot Devil

Wouldn't it be great if Dido came out and laid down a bitchin' version of Master of Puppets?

Here comes Token! (sorry)