Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:27:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Live 8 - How was it for you?

Started by Adrian Brezhnev, July 02, 2005, 11:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hypnotoad.

euugh, Dido as appalling as always, but i think this is probably the first person some of those weird looking middle aged, middle class people in the crowd recognise/like

Uncomfortable moment during the Travis interview, when a Ross joke and the lead singers joke crossed, Ross suggested letting a Lion loose in response to some birds that were released earlier(?) and the Travis guy suggesting they let some flies loose

Ross: "yes, that would be very appropriate with the African theme"

RHX

I've just found out that one of my favourite songs (What's My Name by Snoop Dogg) is going to be performed while I'm on my way to work. This narks me slightly, but not enough to go in any of the threads about it.

Also, Dido really isn't cut out for live performance. Her voice keeps faltering - but at least it's better than U2's awful performance of One.

Regular John

TOFFEE YUM TOFFEE YUM TOFFEE YUM

weekender

Why does everyone appear to have made all of their songs as whiny and insipid as possible?  Come on everyone, cheer up, YOU'RE not the dying Africans are you?  Give us a little happy number.

By the way, there's a decent article by Michael Buerk in the Mail today in which he argues that the problems facing Africa are massive and we probably won't be able to solve them, but we should at least try.

mwude

Is the bloke doing the stage anouncements 'Mitch' who used to talk all over Live & Kicking on saturday mornings on the BBC?  It sounds a lot like him.  Or perhaps it's just one of those generic presenter voices.

Anyone else forgotten that Travis existed?

I think that cutting away from the video was a response to Chris Martin saying "If the BBC don't show this next bit they're not doing their job properly."  Cue panic in the outside broadcast suite: "Shit!  Show the video!" shortly followed by "Why?  Because Chris Martin told us to?  Fuck that, people need to know what Andrew Marr's favourite bit so far has been."

I did like that bloke in the crowd: "Yeah, to be honest I'm just here for the music.  Erm, I mean, no, wait, poverty & G8 & stuff as well."

falafel

Quote from: "mcbpete"What was that video link that got turned off half way through about? I'm guessing it wasn't due to a technical fault.

QuoteChris Martin, at the end of the Coldplay set: "If the BBC don't show this video that's coming on the screens they're not doing their job properly."

Someone at the BBC: "Oh, shit, we'd better not cut to Jonathon Ross or we'll look silly..."

Someone at the BBC, a few seconds later: "Why the fuck haven't we cut to Jonathon Ross?"

ed: umm. Great minds. Again.

Adrian Brezhnev

Dido's not usually like this live is she? God, I hope not. I just assumed she had lost her voice.

On another subject, I think that they are making good use of the screens behind the stage. I did like what they did for the Seargent Pepper opening...

Tokyo Sexwhale

Who'd have thought The Stereophonics would be the liveliest thing so far?

Someone in the crowd actually nodded their head for a second there!

weekender

Why are half the bands trying to play 'One Song to the Tune of Another'?

Cappsy

I coulda sworn I saw Emma Kennedy for a moment, there.

micanio

I wish that boy from Stereophonics would clear his throat....

Doctor Stamen

I feel really sorry for all those poor cunts there that can't get a drink.  Still it could be worse, they could be at the cricket instead.

The Duck Man

Quote from: "Adrian Brezhnev"I think Elton J was sensible in concentrating on his early 1970s songs. However, there's something about Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting that did not quite suit his latter day demeanor. He can still play the piano well on stage, but the vocals and presentation were rather like what one would expect of a bloated pub singer.
I'm not sure the vocals are his fault. I saw him the other day in concert and he was fantastic then, so it's not age taking it's toll.

Both him and Coldplay sounded weird, as though the volume was turned down and muffled.

weirdbeard

Fucking hell.   Gervais is dying on his arse.  Who the fuck is going to remember fucking Saskia from Big Brother in 20 years time?

Cerys

Ricky Gervais is an unfunny cunt.  Oh, yes, conference call, quadruple aid, really, FUCKWIT.

Blumf

Quote from: "Ricky Gervase"Who said 'do the dance'?

Die now you fat waste of space!

massive_bereavement

Saved himself with the Brent Dance though. Classy.

Still Not George

Quote from: "weirdbeard"Fucking hell.   Gervais is dying on his arse.

This would be a direct consequence of him being an unfunny twat.

Hypnotoad.

I thought he was funny

REM are so fucking cool, although I heard they were starting with "the one I love"

weekender

Gervais dying was great.

He looked genuinely pissed off (he mouthed 'for fuck's sake') when someone shouted 'Do the dance!' and he had to do it as well, made a really shit job of it.

weirdbeard

Quote from: "massive_bereavement"Saved himself with the Brent Dance though. Classy.

Everyone watching outside of a London, a billion or so people, is just watching this going "what the fuck is going on".

Robot Devil

Huh? Was The Office only broadcast in London?

weirdbeard

Quote from: "Robot Devil"Huh? Was The Office only broadcast in London?

Yes, yes, well spotted.

Robot Devil

Quote from: "weirdbeard"
Quote from: "Robot Devil"Huh? Was The Office only broadcast in London?

Yes, yes, well spotted.

Cheers.

dan dirty ape

Arrrgggh! Don't cut from REM to interview fucking Razorlight!

Mr Flunchy

Nuts 'n Gum

no, what are you doing!!
ARRRGH!

Adrian Brezhnev

Did Michael Stipe say something offensive about the BBC?

Doctor Stamen

Who's he come as, fucking Leonardo?

Or did he fall asleep with a leaking blue biro behind his ear?