Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,310
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:35:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sixth series of Line Of Duty on BBC 21st March

Started by Fambo Number Mive, February 27, 2021, 10:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeardFaceMan

So he's told the work doc he's fine so he can keep working (there was that line about his job being all that he has left) and is getting the meds illegally from somewhere, I guess?

Edit - ALL I'M INTERESTED IN IS NEW PAGES!

mjwilson

Although I saw some discussion elsewhere that claimed it was all stuff you could get over the counter. If that's true then maybe he'd just be guilty of failing to disclose relevant medical information?

BlodwynPig

Well he's broken one law by snooping around a lady's attic without a warrant. Get AC9 on to the fuck.

BlodwynPig

He's like a sad mid-00s man, his mind still stuck in an All Bar One, waiting for the lads to join him for a round of piss weak lager...but they never come - they've all moved on and don't wear Top Shop suits on a night out these days.

Phil_A

Quote from: mjwilson on April 05, 2021, 09:06:34 PM
Although I saw some discussion elsewhere that claimed it was all stuff you could get over the counter. If that's true then maybe he'd just be guilty of failing to disclose relevant medical information?

Lying about his health in order to keep his job, that's a sacking offence surely?

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: mjwilson on April 05, 2021, 09:06:34 PM
Although I saw some discussion elsewhere that claimed it was all stuff you could get over the counter.

The way it kept on zooming in on his meds so you could see what they were called makes it look like they were probably ones you could get at the chemist, like you should recognize them. That, and the sheer amount he had.

WhoMe

His job is essentially office based though right? I don't see why needing pain medication would get him stripped of his duties. Not saying this is a plot weakness, just something I haven't twigged...

jobotic

Reasonable workplace adjustments mate. On going condition caused by an incident in work? He ain't getting sacked.

If they find out about the Bud Light though...

chveik

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 05, 2021, 09:09:49 PM
He's like a sad mid-00s man, his mind still stuck in an All Bar One, waiting for the lads to join him for a round of piss weak lager...but they never come - they've all moved on and don't wear Top Shop suits on a night out these days.

he's stuck in a parallel universe where it's impossible to experience joy

BlodwynPig

Quote from: chveik on April 05, 2021, 09:45:59 PM
he's stuck in a parallel universe where it's impossible to experience joy

Joy is perpetually just out of reach at a Dudley All Bar One in...Arnott At The End Of Time (Wednesdays on ITV3)

gib

I just assumed the painkillers would have enough opiates in them that it would show up in the test, the way he's necking them like so many smarties.

Mobius

God wish someone would just leak all of the episodes

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I liked that interview between This is England Lady and Former Younger Thug Turned Cop Infiltrator.
TIEL: * Gives list of massively suspicious things happening , like cop car swerving into river for no apparent or explicable reason*
FYTTCT: ( With " I Am A Guilty Cunt" writ large all over his weaselly little face) : Oooh, I wouldn't be knowing about that, missus.

TIEL ( With winning smile): That's alright then, matey boy! Off you go.

Later on the boss with the voice of the " I'll get me coat" character from offa " The Fast Show" comes out of his office to announce " Birrova shame about our colleague PC Strongswimmer being dead like, but well done to young PC Weaselfaceuntrustworthyfucker, what a great bunch of lads he Is! Let's have a nice pic of me and him shaking hands!"
Meanwhile Kelly McDonald is skulking in her office with a permanent " Oooh lummee, I'm not 'alf guilty of something!" expression on her fizzog, and AC 12 and Bent Coppers Division are sending teams of their own lot to and fro to each other, like rivalling Whizz- Kids and Chip- ites.

Like I say, I'm not all that experienced in matters Mercurio, but is he just trolling the viewers half the time?

BlodwynPig

Watered down tripe for the iPhone generation*

*fuck that

I would have ripped Ryan's face off as soon as I saw him come out of that water. Most unlikeable and shit character in any TV series I've ever seen.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

If they ever make " The Janine Duvitski Story", Kelly McDonald is a shoo- in to play the younger version of Are Janine ( That's not got much to do with this frankly overrated  bent coppers drama series, for which I apologise).

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on April 06, 2021, 08:49:25 AM
If they ever make " The Janine Duvitski Story", Kelly McDonald is a shoo- in to play the younger version of Are Janine ( That's not got much to do with this frankly overrated  bent coppers drama series, for which I apologise).

Waiting for Plod?

phantom_power

I quite liked Ryan's shit-eating grin in the interview with Kate. He knows that they can suspect all they want but they can't prove anything, and the OCG will have his back anyway. Pretty complacent but probably believable. He isn't meant to be good at it I don't think

With drug testing don't they have to have a specific test for each drug so it is likely they will only go for the big hitters. Is the same test used for all opiates?

I like that Davidson seems genuinely conflicted by her collusion with the OCG. Has this been done before on LoD? Or have all the wrong'uns been proper wrong'uns (not counting undercover ones)?

Spode

Quote from: gib on April 05, 2021, 11:13:42 PM
I just assumed the painkillers would have enough opiates in them that it would show up in the test, the way he's necking them like so many smarties.

The last H is for heroin and Steve ends the series in the libertines

BlodwynPig

Quote from: phantom_power on April 06, 2021, 10:06:47 AM
I quite liked Ryan's shit-eating grin in the interview with Kate. He knows that they can suspect all they want but they can't prove anything, and the OCG will have his back anyway. Pretty complacent but probably believable. He isn't meant to be good at it I don't think

With drug testing don't they have to have a specific test for each drug so it is likely they will only go for the big hitters. Is the same test used for all opiates?

I like that Davidson seems genuinely conflicted by her collusion with the OCG. Has this been done before on LoD? Or have all the wrong'uns been proper wrong'uns (not counting undercover ones)?

Her mum is being held hostage by the OCG, its not conflict, she's not bent. Great muscle movements on Kelly's face has explained the whole plot - as well as that Lost Highway meltdown in the car park.

Ryan is a cunt, I want him dead. In real life, he'd be under investigation and off duty for a protracted period given the evidence.

Ray Travez

Quote from: phantom_power on April 06, 2021, 10:06:47 AM
I like that Davidson seems genuinely conflicted by her collusion with the OCG.

She's been compromised by the oh see gee, they have leverage. Who was in the photo that she entirely unexpectedly threw her wineglass at like in an 80's pop video, her mum? I think that's the clue.

phantom_power

Quote from: Ray Travez on April 07, 2021, 12:26:01 AM
She's been compromised by the oh see gee, they have leverage. Who was in the photo that she entirely unexpectedly threw her wineglass at like in an 80's pop video, her mum? I think that's the clue.

Yeah that is what I thought but you never know what ham-fisted twist is coming round the corner on LoD

beanheadmcginty

Can't believe it took them that long to recognise Jimmy's voice. His smug tones are unmistakable.

kalowski

I enjoyed that episode. Good stuff.
Who's the
Spoiler alert
relative? Tommy Hunter? Jackie Laverty?
[close]

BlodwynPig

Shite. Greatest Hits Live - ie shit versions of once decent tunes.

The print is too digital, the acting is woeful, lingering shots of pensive people go on too pong, plot contrived. Plus its just built on a Pavlovian sense that 'good TV' is the tension-reveal across episodes. The LoD world is not complex enough, nor the characters that investible that next week's reveal will be anything more than a damp shrug

jobotic

Lovely bit of Arnott explaining what Hastings already knows for our benefit at the end there with the DNA stuff.

"As we know there is database..."

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on April 11, 2021, 10:22:14 PM
Lovely bit of Arnott explaining what Hastings already knows for our benefit at the end there with the DNA stuff.

"As we know there is database..."

Saves the continuity announcer doing it...

I wish the coppers would just machine gun Ryan and his twat mates to death. Hate them

Ray Travez

Arnsplaining

edit- he explained to Hastings what cuckooing was last week

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 11, 2021, 10:25:29 PM
I wish the coppers would just machine gun Ryan and his twat mates to death. Hate them

I don't think you're supposed to like them.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on April 11, 2021, 10:39:24 PM
I don't think you're supposed to like them.

But i really hate them.

I like kates bee jumper - 2 weeks in a row