Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:37:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sixth series of Line Of Duty on BBC 21st March

Started by Fambo Number Mive, February 27, 2021, 10:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gib

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 11, 2021, 10:44:44 PM
But i really hate them.

I like kates bee jumper - 2 weeks in a row

It's a lovely jumper.

IsavedLatin

I loved that last scene, personally. Ending on
Spoiler alert
"Mother of God"
[close]
, I eat that shit up with a spoon.

New recruit Chloe Bishop: she laid the idea that
Spoiler alert
the leak came either from the prison or from within AC-12 itself, and I immediately found myself wondering if she was a plant from the OCG. She's been hiding in plain sight all this time. Anyone else think there might end up being more to her by the end of the series?
[close]

gib

Mobius

BlodwynPig

Quote from: gib on April 11, 2021, 11:24:38 PM
Yeah, she's by no means a cleared player.

No. It's a BBC show...probably wrong, but she is clean. They've painted a very blank character with Bishop. Cookie cutter heroine. If she is dirty, the series will elevate itself from 3/10 to 5/10.

Bently Sheds

Quote from: gib on April 11, 2021, 11:24:38 PM
Yeah, she's by no means a cleared player.
She did the trademark "look a little bit shifty, but not blatantly shifty, so it's a bit ambiguous" face in an earlier episode after Steve asked her to do something on the quiet.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Bently Sheds on April 12, 2021, 08:11:41 AM
She did the trademark "look a little bit shifty, but not blatantly shifty, so it's a bit ambiguous" face in an earlier episode after Steve asked her to do something on the quiet.

Because she is 'saintly', hence "are you sure boss look". I'll pay all of you 50 quid (wired transfer) if she has ANYTHING to do with OCG.

Ray Travez

i liked it when he shot the man but then the man gets away and he is in trouble and the old man says i don't like bad policemen and the other man say no i don't either

Utter Shit

Spoiler alert
Tony Gates' daughter was called Chloe. I don't think the dates match up for this Chloe to be his daughter (she was quite young IIRC) so it's probably just something Jed Mercurio threw in to get people talking.

My guesses for the DNA match...

-Osborne, the Chief Inspector. Right age to be Jo's dad, already suspected to be involving in corruption.

-Tommy Hunter, the OG OCG from series 1. Right age to be Jo's dad, also Scottish. Seems a bit too obvious though. Plus he's dead. So a mix of being too obvious, and also maybe impossible.

-Wise, the Deputy Chief Constable. Right age to be Jo's mum, is currently scaling back AC12 which could be due to her ties to the OCG. This one relies on a generous willingness to believe that Steve said "It's on the next page" rather than "He's on the next page" with reference to the details of the DNA match. I've watched it back a couple of times and it's just about possible to hear it as the former, but it sounds a lot more like the latter.

-Sindwhani, the Police Commissioner. Again a bit of a long shot but indulge me. It's heavily implied, but (I don't think?) outright stated that the DNA match is to Davidson...perhaps the DNA match is to Farida. He's the right age and race to be Farida's father. Farida seems to have been confirmed as an innocent victim of a set up so I don't think the OCG tie is there, but maybe Sindwhani found out about Farida and Jo's relationship and used that to blackmail Jo? Like I said, it's an outside bet with a lot of logical holes.
[close]

BlodwynPig

We see a pic of
Spoiler alert
her mum
[close]
and she doesn't
Spoiler alert
look like Wise
[close]

Old Thrashbarg

It's got to be someone who isn't part of the police, based on them only showing up on the non-police database. So I can't think of anyone who fits apart from
Spoiler alert
Tommy Hunter
[close]

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on April 12, 2021, 07:33:25 PM
It's got to be someone who isn't part of the police, based on them only showing up on the non-police database. So I can't think of anyone who fits apart from
Spoiler alert
Tommy Hunter
[close]

Probs. Who was the photo shown for half a second before credits?

What would keep me watching is if it is revealed that Jimmy Krankie is her father.

Utter Shit

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 12, 2021, 06:54:23 PM
We see a pic of
Spoiler alert
her mum
[close]
and she doesn't
Spoiler alert
look like Wise
[close]

Oh yeah good point!

The photo at the end was Jo Davidson.

BlodwynPig

Ray Travez

she's her own mum and she planted evidence to implicate herself? Bloody crafty this o.c.g.

Golden E. Pump

Think it may be
Spoiler alert
John Corbett. Her Mum could be John's Mum, who had a history with none other than Ted Hastings. We saw a framed photo earlier this series and it reminded me of the woman from that subplot.
[close]

phantom_power

Love the teasing at the end. The whole "look what's on the next page" rather than just telling him. That is purely Steve directly edging the viewers. He may as well have looked at the camera and said "Can you guess who it is? Tune in next week to find out"

I loved Ryan's evil look after Davidson told him about getting booted from MIT, only for it to drop back into his usual pleasant act. He may be the best actor in the series

Poor old Buckles, always a patsy. I was half expecting him to break down and admit all the incriminating stuff was just down to him being shit at his job during his interrogation. Another candidate for best actor of the series. He is so good at playing a useless twat

WhoMe

Quote from: phantom_power on April 13, 2021, 09:31:50 AM
I loved Ryan's evil look after Davidson told him about getting booted from MIT, only for it to drop back into his usual pleasant act. He may be the best actor in the series

That was really good I thought. His face was saying 'Really? Do you really want to do this? Do you want to start receiving your mums fingers in the post you silly cunt?' and then 'Right, thanks ma'am.'

Ray Travez

Quote from: phantom_power on April 13, 2021, 09:31:50 AM
Love the teasing at the end. The whole "look what's on the next page" rather than just telling him. That is purely Steve directly edging the viewers.

haha!

I like the image of him speaking to camera- "wouldn't you... love to know... who... it... issss" and then giving a wink

elliszeroed

When the attack on the police van started, I thought AC-12 had faked it, to convince Jimmy to cooperate. Then people died.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: elliszeroed on April 13, 2021, 10:58:30 AM
When the attack on the police van started, I thought AC-12 had faked it, to convince Jimmy to cooperate. Then people died.

That would really be jumping the shark.

plus. I hate Ryan so much. Hate Him.

phantom_power

So what exactly would they discipline Ted on to make him choose to retire rather than get fired? Is it just because he ignored their advice? He would have had to get the necessary authorisation to do what he has done so far so I don't know what they could get him on other than "He is annoying me and not doing what I ask"

AsparagusTrevor

Ryan's giving Joffrey a run for his money in the 'annoying-faced, young, bastard villain' category.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on April 13, 2021, 12:48:47 PM
Ryan's giving Joffrey a run for his money in the 'annoying-faced, young, bastard villain' category.

Mono-expressioned cunt. I hate him.

Blinder Data

Getting Ted to dole out the classic lines as if there's a drinking game and shoving an action scene in the middle of an episode doesn't plaster over the cracks.

This series is pretty rubs compared with previous - I'm thinking specifically of the second, in which the audience was kept guessing till the end.  In contrast, this one feels padded out and I'm struggling to find the drama or surprise that doesn't feel totally manufactured.

It's also odd how the one of the BBC's biggest dramas is occasionally totally naff e.g. the acting of its auxiliary characters.

Will keep watching obvs but I'm expecting a wet fart of a denouement like the last one with Dot's magic fingers.

Quote from: Blinder Data on April 13, 2021, 01:05:32 PM
Will keep watching obvs but I'm expecting a wet fart of a denouement like the last one with Dot's magic fingers.

Same. Though I've been enjoying this series a lot more than I expected to and thought the last episode was great fun.

Maybe I need to revisit the early series but I don't think there's been a massive change in tone or dip in quality - it's always been comic book nonsense full of potholes, clunky dialogue and bad acting. Though I feel like I always need to caveat any praise for the show with mention of just how dreadful the end of the last series was.

Speaking of bad acting, I'm surprised to see praise for the chap who plays Ryan - I think he's by far the worst of the lot. The guy who plays Dr Buckles DI Buckells is excellent though.

phantom_power

I think it has always been nonsense but at the start it was fresh and interesting nonsense and it was creating the tropes it is now living off so it seemed more original and exciting. It is still good fun but I watch it now more as a pantomime than a serious drama

studpuppet

Quote from: phantom_power on April 13, 2021, 03:17:32 PM
It is still good fun but I watch it now more as a pantomime than a serious drama

Reminds me of of Sir Henry Rawlinson: "That was inedible muck, and there wasn't enough of it."

gilbertharding

It's getting to the point where they should call CI5 in, surely?