Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,338
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:56:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Terminator: The Animated Series

Started by St_Eddie, March 01, 2021, 12:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

As per Bloody Disgusting...

Quote from: Bloody DisgustingAccording to The Hollywood Reporter tonight, Netflix and Skydance are joining forces for a series that will bring the Terminator franchise into the world of animation!

The even better news? The Batman writer Mattson Tomlin will show-run the series.

Tomlin said in a statement shared by The Hollywood Reporter, "Anyone who knows my writing knows I believe in taking big swings and going for the heart. I'm honored that Netflix and Skydance have given me the opportunity to approach Terminator in a way that breaks conventions, subverts expectations and has real guts."

Netflix's John Derderian promised in a statement of his own, also shared by THR, "The new animated series will explore this universe in a way that has never been done before."

Production I.G is producing the series with Netflix and Skydance.

How long must they continue to beat this dead horse?  Just let it die already.

frajer

QuoteI'm honored that Netflix and Skydance have given me the opportunity

Oh SHIT

dissolute ocelot

I thought this already existed? Was it just Robocop that got an inappropriate cartoon?

Also, what "universe" does the show have? Does that mean it will be set in the imaginary future? Nobody wants to see people cowering in rubble every week. On the other hand if they did something genuinely innovative like fighting Terminators through history, that might be cool.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on March 01, 2021, 08:52:58 AM
I thought this already existed? Was it just Robocop that got an inappropriate cartoon?

Also, what "universe" does the show have? Does that mean it will be set in the imaginary future? Nobody wants to see people cowering in rubble every week. On the other hand if they did something genuinely innovative like fighting Terminators through history, that might be cool.

I dunno, Terminator: Resistance did the future war very well. It was a video game, but still. You could just rip the plot of that.

Replies From View

The Sarah Connor Chronicles was showing it had a lot of potential before it was axed.  I honestly think the future of these metal skellingtons will be in the arena of television - with routine small crises to overcome - rather than big blockbuster movies where they need to throw everything they have at the screen for increasingly contrived high-stakes reasons.

An animated series could be brilliant.  I hope it's done in the style of the 1979 The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe cartoon.

Replies From View

Even more than the Sarah Connor Chronicles, an animated series creates the opportunity to ditch all the baggage associated with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

El Unicornio, mang

I remember the Dark Horse Terminator comics from the early 90s were really good. They were written before T2 so followed the events directly after the first Terminator film. Although possibly I liked them because I was 13-14 and they had lots of blood and guts and women's butts

https://terminator.fandom.com/wiki/The_Terminator:_Tempest

And there's been a ton of regular comics in the Terminator universe since then, plenty to draw from.

JamesTC

The Sarah Connicles was fun. Not seen it since it originally aired though, so it may have dated badly.

Not really sure if there is much to cover without going over old ground. Would it just be about John Connor and the resistance fighting the war? I can see that getting repetitive very quickly.

Quote from: Replies From View on March 01, 2021, 12:38:08 PM
Even more than the Sarah Connor Chronicles, an animated series creates the opportunity to ditch all the baggage associated with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Bet he ends up on it. This has Netflix money behind it after all.

Replies From View

Book-ending the episodes with live-action science segments, like Christopher Lloyd did for the Back to the Future cartoon.

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: Bloody Disgusting
According to The Hollywood Reporter tonight, Netflix and Skydance are joining forces for a series that will bring the Terminator franchise into the world of animation!

The even better news? The Batman writer Mattson Tomlin will show-run the series.

Neither of these things are good news.

What's so great about the writer of an unfinished film working on this? He's had other two writing credits, one not very good and the other adapting someone else's book. Not exactly David Mamet, is he?

Replies From View

If I learned that the money being spent on this would instead have gone to a homeless charity then I'd agree that it's horrendous news.

Malcy

Family Guy just did a Terminator episode. Quite enjoyed seeing animated future war scenes.

kalowski

Hope he's joined by his wacky sidekick, the cyborg dog, Bonez 2000!

mothman

Quote from: kalowski on March 12, 2021, 09:02:28 PM
Hope he's joined by his wacky sidekick, the cyborg dog, Bonez 2000!

... who is actually a small undestroyed remnant of a T-1000. The comedy comes from the fact he can still perfectly mimic anything - but forgets he's only a tenth of the size he, and the object/person he's masquerading as, should be.

Captain Z

Alright, time to find out who this terminator was all along...

Replies From View

Quote from: mothman on March 12, 2021, 09:17:49 PM
... who is actually a small undestroyed remnant of a T-1000. The comedy comes from the fact he can still perfectly mimic anything - but forgets he's only a tenth of the size he, and the object/person he's masquerading as, should be.

I would love to have one of these in a jar

Malcy

mothman

Quote from: Malcy on March 13, 2021, 01:36:14 PM
Voiced by Rob Brydon.

One whole episode of the next series of The Trip just writes itself.