Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:13:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Downfall of Max Cuntford

Started by Tony Tony Tony, March 01, 2021, 07:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Tony Tony

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I hope it will damn the very many who knew all about him and were happy to entertain, cover for, and prolong the tyranny of this arsehole for decades.

Tony Tony Tony

Just finished and fuck that was bleak.

Watched with Mrs TTT who was all about Clifford getting off on the control and power he wielded. My take was how much and how he was long protected by Fleet Street who needed someone like him.

The beast wanted feeding and Clifford had the keys to the larder.

Oddly enough there were a couple of clips where Terry Wogan looked a bit of a gullible twat too.

mothman

Begs the question, what happened to all his celebrity Polaroids? Or did a thorough police search somehow fail to turn them up? There's no doubt he was guilty as sin, but you do wonder if his downfall came as a result solely of Saville (seasoned with decades of grudges especially from the Conservative party), or did he finally piss off the wrong person?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It's telling how the left media had his number even from the start of the 90s. There is a very clear Clifford character in KMKY as I recall...

neveragain

So... were the Hamiltons set up? All I know about that case is what came up in Theroux's show but this offers another view. Of something I'm not too bothered about. Twenty-one years later.

The doc itself: very bleak yes but oh I am glad he died in prison.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: neveragain on March 02, 2021, 12:15:27 AM
So... were the Hamiltons set up? All I know about that case is what came up in Theroux's show but this offers another view. Of something I'm not too bothered about. Twenty-one years later.m

The Hamilton's were very much set up in respect of the 'rape' allegations that landed in Louis Theroux lap during the making of his doco on the pair. Turned out to be the ravings of a fantasist who was eventually prosecuted for making it all up. Details here https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/media/2003/jun/13/pressandpublishing.politics  a story made all the murkier by the involvement of Clifford.

As for the Polaroid collection that was somewhat glossed over in the prog. My limited experience of how the old bill work suggests that were they still around at the time of the searches when Yewtree got around to him, they would have been uplifted as evidential material and so long as Clifford wasn't featured in any of the shots would form part of the unused material. Such material is generally kept for a set number of years after a prosecution against the possibly of an appeal. The number of years being dependent on the nature of the crime. I would guess there is a police evidence store somewhere with a box containing some very damming shots that senior Fleet Street types want kept under lock and key. Then again many editors and reporters of the red top rags in particular seem to be immune to shame.

Jockice

It's always the ones you most completely, utterly and totally and without the slightest scintilla of doubt anywhere in your head whatsoever expect isn't it?

The Lurker

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on March 02, 2021, 10:16:14 AM
I found this rather amusing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMB_e0PH3Hg

Like the reporter said on that documentary, he reveled in the attention outside of court from the photographers. Surely he of people would know that's not a good look to have in front of the press and court. Strange, strange man.

mothman

Same as all chancers and con artists: double down on what you were doing already, try to brazen it out, give the press something to lap up so they're distracted from asking questions.