Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:34:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Facebook question

Started by SpiderChrist, March 02, 2021, 01:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpiderChrist

My account has been limited, due to a post seemingly "breaching our community guidelines". So far, so what. This post, however, is from October 2017 - how the fuck does that happen? Do FB randomly trawl through millions of posts going back 3 years, or has someone recently reported it?

imitationleather

A couple of weeks ago I got a warning for a picture I posted last June. I assumed it was automatic, because the picture really wasn't offensive enough to make anyone who was likely to have seen it to click report. Although I could definitely be wrong.

The Mollusk

Happened to me as well. A pic I posted 7 years ago, which was a vintage black and white photo of loads of KKK dudes on a ferris wheel. I posted it for the absurdism but the all-seeing Eye of Zucc doesn't really understand ironic bants. Fucking wank that this sort of historic scanning algorithm even exists though.

Bence Fekete

I've discovered filters over Covid, which has been good fun, but I wonder if there's an accessibility formula that triggers these things? Now I'm thinking what i need to post to get a love letter from Cleggbot. Zucker in an SS uniform?

Ray Travez

Quote from: The Mollusk on March 02, 2021, 01:24:32 PM
Happened to me as well. A pic I posted 7 years ago, which was a vintage black and white photo of loads of KKK dudes on a ferris wheel. I posted it for the absurdism

That's bizarre. "He's clearly of the opinion that guys in the KKK deserve a grand day out"

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Bence Fekete on March 02, 2021, 11:30:38 PM
Zucker in an SS uniform

The Smiths consider rewrite.

I tried to stop myself, but...

BlodwynPig

Remember when lesbians invaded Sue Lawley on the BBC News. Has anyone had the imagination to do this to Facebook? I mean, troll the fuck out of this malignant social media platform on the platform. Or does all subversiveness and protest get shut down immediately.

"A family friendly malignancy"

Paul Calf

It's almost certainly humans that are doing this.

https://boingboing.net/2019/06/19/videos-of-organs-being-harvest.html

Using humans is cheaper and more reliable than developing a complicated algorithm.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteRemember when lesbians invaded Sue Lawley on the BBC News.

Doesn't sound like the wholesome broadcasting I expect from my license fee.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Paul Calf on March 03, 2021, 08:29:33 AM

Using humans is cheaper and more reliable than developing a complicated algorithm.
I'm sure they have algorithms that search for "kill all jews lol" and links to previously-banned content. But anything more complex that will be done by people in faraway lands whose first language isn't English.

Retinend

Quote from: Paul Calf on March 03, 2021, 08:29:33 AM

WHAT THE FUCK??? Why do they have to watch "at least 15 to 30 seconds of each video"? Surely that job could be made 10x more bearable if workers could just use basic discretion and blur out all but a part of the image (I've already read how this is a functionality their specially-built viewing software does not include), but for some reason these horrible workplaces insist on some elevated sense of jurisprudence:
"now come one, the girl is only screaming - don't you want to make sure you see the purple of her liver before you conclude that it isn't just a hilarious ad-friendly prank video?"