Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:15:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tastes/smells like it's working

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, March 02, 2021, 11:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

- No the standard Colgate white clag, but that blue gel stuff with the retro mint flavour that some shite old brands still offer. Tastes like it's working more. Know what I mean...?

Plenty more like this, great thread in the offing

flotemysost

Big shampoo, made with sea salt. Literally makes your hair squeak with cleanliness as you scrub it over your head. Too expensive to be a regular thing but it's quite an experience, makes your loaf smell like a margarita afterwards too.

Mr_Simnock

Aesop hand-wash, amazing smell and lasts for month if a bit pricey.

Thursday

Chlorine - Doesn't matter that you're in a swimming pool full of kids pissing themselves. The chlorine kills all the worst germs.

Ptolemy Ptarmigan

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 02, 2021, 11:21:32 PM
- No the standard Colgate white clag, but that blue gel stuff with the retro mint flavour that some shite old brands still offer. Tastes like it's working more. Know what I mean...?

Colgate tastes disgusting. As far as I can see it's never one of the ones with a British Dental Board recommendation on the box. Something to do with it having 'By Royal Appointment' on it, or is it just shit?

Oral B toothpaste has got a nice medicinal taste. Makes me want to rip off my mask and talk like Marilyn Monroe.

What happened to Dentyne Chewing Gum?

That's all from me for now.

Butchers Blind

Bleach. Not the lemon fresh nonsense or the ocean scented rubbish, proper bleach. The clear, thick, strong, chlorine-like bastard that chokes your throat and burns your nasal hairs. BLEACH!!!

Sebastian Cobb

Both toothpaste and fairy liquid have foaming agents added just to give you the 'mugs eyefull'. The stuff dentists use have the cleaning stuff without the foam so they can see what they're doing, same with dishwashers.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 03, 2021, 12:20:53 AM
Both toothpaste and fairy liquid have foaming agents added just to give you the 'mugs eyefull'. The stuff dentists use have the cleaning stuff without the foam so they can see what they're doing, same with dishwashers.

Is foam part of the process of cleaning though; I mean I understand you don't need foam for bleaching or anti-bac properties but I thought soaps "bubbling" was part of how it separates grease and binds water to dirt.

Norton Canes

Sensodyne Pronamel. Makes other toothpastes taste like sweets.

Tried Lidl's toothpaste. You presume all toothpastes are basically the same, but this was horrible. Barely any mint taste and my teeth felt just as plaquey as when I started. Binned.

NoSleep

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 02, 2021, 11:21:32 PM

It's particular to the UK (probably not just the UK) where they market toothpastes with tastes like minty sweets. The same brands will have a medical taste in Germany because those flavours tell you it's doing its job. Whatever sells best.

Sebastian Cobb

Used to use aquafresh spearmint, the thought of it makes me ill now.

Gregory Torso

I use that black toothpaste. I'm well goffick.

idunnosomename

Ever breathed in any Mr Muscle? Yowza! You wouldn't want to put that on your oven only wearing a vest

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 03, 2021, 11:12:55 AM
Ever breathed in any Mr Muscle? Yowza! You wouldn't want to put that on your oven only wearing a vest

Nah, I stick to glue in a bag.

poodlefaker

EUTHYMOL is the one true toothpaste. Dig that Edwardian branding. It's pink and tastes like disinfectant. None of that flouride nonsense. This is what Virginia Woolf's mouth must've tasted like.

Sebastian Cobb

I think the dentists not on the payroll of big toothpaste generally have the consensus of "I don't care what toothpaste, just brush your fucking teeth".

poodlefaker

Francis Bacon brushed his teeth with Vim. Hardcore.

Sebastian Cobb

Rick Stallman brushes his teeth with emacs, which is why they're all furry.

Cuellar

Hand sanitizers in these covid times. The ones with aloe vera or something, so it smells better/doesn't feel as caustic? Get rid of. I want it burning my hands clean, smelling like a desperate booze man's face.

Ferris

Quote from: poodlefaker on March 03, 2021, 11:28:03 AM
EUTHYMOL is the one true toothpaste. Dig that Edwardian branding. It's pink and tastes like disinfectant. None of that flouride nonsense. This is what Virginia Woolf's mouth must've tasted like.

My mate uses that stuff, it's foul. Have to bring our own toothpaste if we stay in his spare room.

I'm all for being kooky, but there are limits.

The Ombudsman

I'm not a fan of mint flavouring. Has anyone had a non minty toothpaste before? I tried one once and it was like brushing your teeth with a fishermans friend picked out the dirt.

The Ombudsman

Quote from: Cuellar on March 03, 2021, 11:42:08 AM
Hand sanitizers in these covid times. The ones with aloe vera or something, so it smells better/doesn't feel as caustic? Get rid of. I want it burning my hands clean, smelling like a desperate booze man's face.

I got a hand gel thing from M&S as it had a key chain attachment. Smells exactly like rum. I expect it perhaps once was cheap rum.

Ferris

Quote from: The Ombudsman on March 03, 2021, 11:43:38 AM
I'm not a fan of mint flavouring. Has anyone had a non minty toothpaste before? I tried one once and it was like brushing your teeth with a fishermans friend picked out the dirt.

Sounds like our old friend Euthymol:

Quote from: poodlefaker on March 03, 2021, 11:28:03 AM

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Cuellar on March 03, 2021, 11:42:08 AM

I bought a gallon of this cheap hand soap, mainly to cut waste on chucking out little bottles. It's the same as the shit they dump in a lot of office soap pumps:

It reminds me of pooing on the clock.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Original Source Mint and Tea Tree shower gel. Makes bellends and fannies sting.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on March 03, 2021, 11:51:37 AM
Original Source Mint and Tea Tree shower gel. Makes bellends and fannies sting.

Has anyone tried that weird 'German engineering. For your hair!' stuff with caffeine in it for some reason?

Should I put some nescafe in my hair?

Vikki Butler-Henderson does the voiceover on those caffeine shampoo ads and she's got a lovely full head of hair. Can't argue with the evidence.

Ferris

We've ended up being a Dr Bronners household even though it smells like herbal tea and bleach.

The bottle has the soap to water ratio to use it on the car so that's something.