Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:17:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tastes/smells like it's working

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, March 02, 2021, 11:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brundle-Fly

The satisfying scent of dissolving human hair and old flesh matter down the bath plug hole?  Why, that's HD's Caustic Soda / Sodium Hydroxide Industrial Grade Strong Drain Opener, Dennis.

Cuellar

Yes. Used some of that in a shower drain as a student once and I could HEAR it burning the hair and assorted gunge and crap away.

Blumf

Coal tar soap, the proper stuff, not Wright's tea tree oil bollocks. Smells like harsh chemicals, must be doing it right.

poodlefaker

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 03, 2021, 11:56:11 AM
Has anyone tried that weird 'German engineering. For your hair!' stuff with caffeine in it for some reason?

Should I put some nescafe in my hair?
I was  given some of this stuff. It doesn't make your hair grow back, but it adds volume to what you've got left. Strong Tony Hart/Ken Barlow vibes.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on March 03, 2021, 12:58:34 PM
The satisfying scent of dissolving human hair and old flesh matter down the bath plug hole?  Why, that's HD's Caustic Soda / Sodium Hydroxide Industrial Grade Strong Drain Opener, Dennis.

Though before anyone uses caustic soda (which is fucking good stuff) check your pipes as that stuff burns through plastic. This is speaking from experience, sadly.

Marner and Me

Quote from: poodlefaker on March 03, 2021, 01:20:50 PM
I was  given some of this stuff. It doesn't make your hair grow back, but it adds volume to what you've got left. Strong Tony Hart/Ken Barlow vibes.
Knew a guy who used it, was tempted to put Veet in it

The Ombudsman

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 03, 2021, 11:45:48 AM
Sounds like our old friend Euthymol:

It could have been that actually. Or Germoline.

poodlefaker

Quote from: The Ombudsman on March 03, 2021, 11:43:38 AM
I'm not a fan of mint flavouring. Has anyone had a non minty toothpaste before? I tried one once and it was like brushing your teeth with a fishermans friend picked out the dirt.
You used to be able to get fennel-flavoured toothpaste from health-food/hippie shops. American, I think. I went out with a goth who used it.

Dex Sawash

Blumf

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Blumf on March 03, 2021, 03:03:08 PM
What does cocaine smell off? Must be nice.

I know a guy more closely involved in the drug scene and he says that cocaine smells 'mental'.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Blumf on March 03, 2021, 01:06:41 PM
Coal tar soap, the proper stuff, not Wright's tea tree oil bollocks. Smells like harsh chemicals, must be doing it right

Went out to get some soap as the shortages were kicking in around this time last year and came home with a 4-pack of Wright's Coal Tar as it was all I could find. The kitchen immediately stank of antiseptic and still does, because we're still only on the fourth bar, the stuff just does not seem to wear away.

Marner and Me

Raw cocaine or the finished product more cut up than a goths wrist?

Marner and Me

Quote from: Norton Canes on March 03, 2021, 03:39:55 PM
Went out to get some soap as the shortages were kicking in around this time last year and came home with a 4-pack of Wright's Coal Tar as it was all I could find. The kitchen immediately stank of antiseptic and still does, because we're still only on the fourth bar, the stuff just does not seem to wear away.
My dad used to use it, fucking vile stuff

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 03, 2021, 01:21:42 PM
Though before anyone uses caustic soda (which is fucking good stuff) check your pipes as that stuff burns through plastic. This is speaking from experience, sadly.

Really? I thought caustic soda was in those oven cleaning kits where you put the bags in a rack. They tell you to pour it down the sink.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 03, 2021, 03:42:37 PM
Really? I thought caustic soda was in those oven cleaning kits where you put the bags in a rack. They tell you to pour it down the sink.

Well, these were the crystals you can buy in tubs from hardware store and dilute in water. All I know is, either the pipes were made of paper, or caustic soda fucks up plastic pipes in certain circumstances. We were using fair quantities as it didn't seem to be clearing the blockage in the bath*. When I'd used the stuff first time out, it had worked a treat unclogging fat from a narrow metal pipe leading down the sink to the drains outside the flat.

*it was a clusterfuck of poor, faulty and fundamentally flawed design of the pipework in the bathroom as well as issues with the exterior piping outside that contributed. The blockages were insane, and haven't been repeated anywhere I've lived since. Naturally, the landlord blamed us rather than listening to the 6 seperate plumbers called out (who to be fair each only partly diagnosed the problem)

Ferris

Caustic soda deffo melts pipes if you put a lot of it down the sink. I used to know the safe dilution but as if that information was worth retaining.

Video Game Fan 2000

When I was a kid I once turned around quick while me mum was doing the polishing and got a gobfull of Mr Sheen.

The taste was really making me nauseous so following small child logic I thought if I licked the coffee table that was recently cleaned with the same product it would get rid of it.

It didn't. My mouth tasted like Willy Rushton's handwriting for days after.

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: Blumf on March 03, 2021, 03:03:08 PM
What does cocaine smell off? Must be nice.

The good shit smells like petrol.

The Bumlord

I have prescription toothpaste because I'm special. Ultra high fluoride, baby.

poodlefaker

My dad always insisted on non-flouride toothpaste. He reckoned since they were putting it in the water that was enough. Boots still make it.

State of the old man's hampsteads, tho.

Sebastian Cobb

Does floridosis go away? I remember some people at school having chalky teeth but I can't mind seeing it in an adult, but thinking about it I moved away from midlands/severn trent water which I think might be more processed, especially as they added birmingham to the water network and that comes all the way from wales rather than a river.

The Bumlord

Original Source shower gel, the mint one specifically. My go-to shower accompaniment for those times I need a freezing menthol arsecrack and ballbag.

Marner and Me

Quote from: Utterdrivel on March 04, 2021, 03:21:14 PM
Original Source shower gel, the mint one specifically. My go-to shower accompaniment for those times I need a freezing menthol arsecrack and ballbag.
Used to like it until started giving me skin irritation, I then moved Sanex like a big girlie

seepage

Aldi do an imitation Sanex if you want to save some cash.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on March 03, 2021, 07:55:29 PM
When I was a kid I once turned around quick while me mum was doing the polishing and got a gobfull of Mr Sheen.

The taste was really making me nauseous so following small child logic I thought if I licked the coffee table that was recently cleaned with the same product it would get rid of it.

It didn't. My mouth tasted like Willy Rushton's handwriting for days after.

I had a similar experience after accidentally eating some Winalot. My mouth tasted of Clement Freud's (Barry - snip!)

Marner and Me

Quote from: seepage on March 04, 2021, 04:31:32 PM
Aldi do an imitation Sanex if you want to save some cash.
The fuel I'd use driving to Aldi would far out weigh that. Cheers though.