Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 11:15:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shaun Bailey

Started by SpiderChrist, March 03, 2021, 10:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpiderChrist

Fucking hell.

QuoteBasic income would be used for 'lots of drugs'

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/mar/02/tory-london-mayor-hopeful-says-basic-income-would-be-used-for-lots-of-drugs

QuoteTeenage girls might not get pregnant just to get a flat, but they are a lot less careful because they know they will be looked after on benefits. So people who are trying to do the right thing get pushed down the housing ladder, but nobody in our PC world will talk about it

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/feb/21/shaun-bailey-under-fire-unacceptable-remarks-teenage-mothers

Quotehomeless can save for house deposit

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/jan/13/tory-london-mayor-candidate-homeless-can-save-up-for-house-deposit

Fucking hell.

I understand that this bellend was homeless himself, and spent sometime as a youth worker - how then did he end up as a complete empathy void?

Buelligan

From Wikipedia

QuoteIn May 2006, Bailey co-founded MyGeneration, a charity addressing the social problems that affect struggling young people and their families. It was established shortly before Bailey was selected by the Conservative Party to stand in the recreated Hammersmith constituency. In 2010, The Times reported that Bailey was at the centre of allegations that his North Kensington-based charity showed £16,000 worth of spending "without any supporting records". Between 2008 and 2009, almost half of the charity's expenditure was on publicity and administration, not "direct charitable expenditure". Of the £116,000 "charitable expenditure", more than half was spent on travel and subsistence. The charity was closed in 2012 due to financial problems. The charity's services were taken over by other charities including Kids Company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaun_Bailey_(AM)

jobotic

And how did he get picked to stand in the election?

Keep seeing adverts for that Brian twat.

You're spoilt for choice of you're after a far-right lunatic in this you lucky Lahdaners.

https://www.swlondoner.co.uk/news/20112020-london-mayoral-election-candidates-2021/

bgmnts

This absolute bellend is going right to the top isn't he?

Hope he suffocates on the thin air up there.

Egyptian Feast

This cunt. Every single thing I have heard him say over the last couple of years has been idiotic, hateful shit. I hope he suffers an even more ignominious defeat than Zac Goldsmith, then falls down a fucking great hole.

Buelligan

The UKIP candidate is called Gammons?

jobotic

I doubt he is going right to the top.

Goldsmith did alright after all though, eh? How loyal is Bailey to Johnson?

bgmnts

QuoteInstead of scoring political points, Shaun Bailey is focused on building a city where every resident in every community can thrive

By rejecting a scheme that'd increase the liklihood of everyone thriving.

I really really fucking hate politicians now. 99% of them are such fucking scumbags its just draining. The problem is the only people who want power are psycopath empathy voids who just use it to line their own pockets, as well as their mates. No idea what the solution is to this broken system beyond a mandatory stint in politics for everyone.

Dr Trouser

Quote from: jobotic on March 03, 2021, 11:04:15 AM
And how did he get picked to stand in the election?

Keep seeing adverts for that Brian twat.

You're spoilt for choice of you're after a far-right lunatic in this you lucky Lahdaners.

https://www.swlondoner.co.uk/news/20112020-london-mayoral-election-candidates-2021/

Some right wallopers in there.

Mr Trumpet

Seems like the tories have given up on London

Fambo Number Mive

In other Shaun Bailey news, he also sent voters letters using fake "City Hall" insignia (https://twitter.com/LuisaPorritt/status/1338531327755382786) and doesn't seem to know where Watford is, which made for an interesting campaign last year (https://diamondgeezer.blogspot.com/2020/10/shaun-4-watford.html)

Here's a Shaun Bailey campaign leaflet that looks like a Tfl leaflet: https://mobile.twitter.com/helenedwardcwo/status/1322557009955295234

Shaun Bailey also tried to blame the current Mayor for fans not being allowed into London football stadiums, which is surely the decision of the Government. It's also right that fans aren't allowed into football stadiums at the moment given the pandemic.

The way this country is going, Shaun Bailey will probably be Prime Minister by 2040.

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: Dr Trouser on March 03, 2021, 11:10:22 AM
Some right wallopers in there.

Hopefully they'll split the walloper vote.

Captain Z

Quote from: SpiderChrist on March 03, 2021, 10:57:02 AM
QuoteSo people who are trying to do the right thing get pushed down the housing ladder, but nobody in our PC world will talk about it

"Look, mate, do you want to buy this laptop or not?"

jobotic

Oh Kurten

QuoteHis policies include ending politically correct policing and digging up cycle superhighways to return them to motor vehicles.

I hope he doesn't try to move the rubble with a wheelbarrow.

Fambo Number Mive

If Shaun Bailey gets in, Londoners could be getting the tube from Tesco Metro Broadway to Asda Road.

QuoteTube stations could be renamed by private companies under sponsorship plans announced by London's Conservative mayoral candidate.

Shaun Bailey told The Sunday Telegraph his plans could raise £500 million for the city's public transport network over the next five years.

What happens if a company folds? Do they keep the old name while spending time and money trying to appeal to the next sponsor?

jobotic

Winston McKenzie's still got it

QuoteHistory will be made, today is written boldly on his face.

So clear you could hardly miss it.

For transcending the barriers of you yesterday was and is the dream.

London is calling and I am Winston McKenzie, your 2020 Mayor of London!

Shouldn't there be an intervention?

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: jobotic on March 03, 2021, 11:24:05 AM
Oh Kurten

That surname always makes me think of this cunt.

Quote from: David KurtenOh, why's that then?

Buelligan

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on March 03, 2021, 11:18:51 AM
Hopefully they'll split the walloper vote.

Laughed.

I, for one, welcome our bright new future that's going to look utterly unlike the past, maybe we could call it Carillion, that has a nice ring to it.

Fambo Number Mive

Even if Shaun Bailey never obtains elected office, his comments are still helping to shift the Overton Window further to the right. As someone says on Twitter "In an effort to out Tory the most vilest of Tories, he is stirring up hatred of the poor and downtrodden."

Other candidates standing include the following:

QuoteCharlie Mullins, founder of Pimlico Plumbers, as an independent.

Valerie Brown, standing for Burning Pink, which calls for the removal of government and for it to be replaced with citizens' assemblies. Brown was arrested and charged for covering a number of charity buildings in pink paint, protesting their inaction on climate change.

Drillminister, London-based rapper, campaigning on reducing homelessness, improving transport, increasing mental health support, diversifying the Metropolitan Police Service and rehabilitation to curb crime and improving air quality in the capital as an independent candidate.

Piers Corbyn, a COVID-19 conspiracy theorist and brother of former Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, announced his intention to stand as an independent on 1 January 2021 on a platform of opposing pandemic lockdown measures.

If I still lived in London I'd probably be choosing between Drillminister, Berry or Khan. Probably go for Khan just to keep Shaun Berry out.

Shaun's latest leaflet isn't exactly Tory branded: https://twitter.com/Knitknurse/status/1366463448293519368

He likes the old Flash Gordon film apparently (I've never seen it), can do a standing backflip, claims he eats too many doughnuts (in particular Greggs) and is a massive bellend.

Pingers

One of the things I've noticed recently about the language used by Tories like this one and that cunt in Mansfield to describe 'the poor', is how closely it resembles that used by European colonialists to describe 'the natives' in the countries they invaded. The way they are described as a homogenous group of obviously hopeless and inferior sub-humans, by self-professed saviours peering in and trying to understand what they never can, because they live such different lives.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 03, 2021, 11:33:37 AM
If I still lived in London I'd probably be choosing between Drillminister, Berry or Khan. Probably go for Khan just to keep Shaun Berry out.

You get two preferences in the voting system. After counting all the first preferences, the top two (assuming neither got 50% of first preferences, in which case they win) go through the next round, and the second preferences of all the others (assuming they're for one of the top two) are added to their first round vote, and which ever has more votes after that's done wins. Which means you can vote for who you want to win with your first preference, and then Khan with your second preference, as the top two are almost certain to be Khan and Bailey. Although it's not completely out of the question that Khan wins outright on the first preferences this time.

As for how Bailey got the gig, he won a ballot of London Tory party members. Imagine being Andrew Boff or Joy Morrissey who he defeated. You'd never leave the house again, unless you were a senior Conservative party member and thus entirely without self-awareness.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteHe said: "I've been a youth worker for over 20 years. I know some people would absolutely fly if you gave them a lump sum to deal with every week. I know some people who would buy lots of drugs. So where is the care in this, where is the care for the person? How do you get past just universally giving people money?"

Imagine when he finds out about waged employment

bgmnts

I mean, even if this horrid cunt fails miserably in politics he'll obviously be set up for life for aligning himself with the worst people in our society, BUT if he does not sustain a significant and successful political career off the back of people's worst traits, emotions and prejudices, I'll be genuinely stunned.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 03, 2021, 03:55:37 PM
Imagine when he finds out about waged employment

I used to spend all my benefit money (including housing benefit) on dope, but gave up drugs the day I got a job.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The man is trapped inside his mental prison.

Perhaps we should close down state schools because some kids just muck about and disrupt othersOH WAIT HE PROBABLY ALSO WANTS THAT

Buelligan

You know that thing about girls getting "themselves" up the duff, just to get a little flat?

Imagine a world where they didn't have to.

Cunts.

Fambo Number Mive

Has anyone seen his crap Great British Bakeoff parody election video?

"You can really taste the reduction in crime"

"Clear air" even though the cake doesn't mention it"

How is he allowed to have toy cars on his cake? You can't eat metal cars.

How does the person playing Paul recognise the Trellick estate from one block of flats on the cake?

Then onto Khan's cake "I can really taste the high crime coming through. Far too high for me". This makes no sense.

Khan has Big Ben on his cake but Bailey doesn't. Does that mean something? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4ahJJWjAeY

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on March 03, 2021, 11:27:14 AM
Winston McKenzie's still got it

Shouldn't there be an intervention?

Winston McKenzie is the founder & Leader of Unity In Action party, he has previously been a member of Labour, Liberal Democrats, Veritas, Conservatives, Unity Party, UKIP, and English Democrats as well as standing as an independent.

Fambo Number Mive

Just the Greens and Brexit Party to go before he completes the full set of membership of major parties standing candidates in London?