Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:49:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

If you could invite any five people (living or deceased) to a dinner party, who?

Started by Retinend, March 03, 2021, 06:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retinend

Yeah it's that dinner party (dinner parties, remember those?) classic:

If you could invite any five people (living or dead) to a dinner party, who would they be?

And include what you would ask them.

• Mohamed - "Where did you see the world ending up because of your ideas, in the best case scenario? What do you think about what actually happened?"
  • Jesus - same questions
  • Somerset Maugham - "What do you think about what happened to literary fiction between the wars that Burgess ended up having the last laugh?"
  • John Lennon - "Since it all ended the way it ended, are you now just yourself in the moment that it ended? do you want a cup of tea? What was it like dying?[nb]"I'm not being funny or anything, but if I was just shot and then sent into the future I would want to talk to somebody about it - I'm Retinend, by the way."[/nb]
  • Paul McCartney - I would just let the two of them talk and listen carefully, here.

I'm posting this in Shelf Abuse (therefore I crowbared in figure from literature I really admire) only because in General Bullshit you would just get silly responses. If you want, try limiting it to literary examples. But don't feel obliged to list any literary people at all if you don't want to.

Retinend

Fambo Number Mive

1. Clement Attlee - be fascinating to discuss the process of how the Welfare State was created.
2. Kier Starmer - for Clement Attlee to tell off. I'd also tell him that if he didn't do a better job of opposing the Government he wouldn't be invited to another dinner party.
3. Linda Smith - very funny person and very decent, a great loss to comedy. Would be good at criticising Kier Starmer.
4. Steve Martin - I expect he would be very funny
5. Miranda Hart - she would also be very funny and seems very nice.

samadriel

Mr Banlon

John Cassavetes
Richard Burton
Orson Welles
Humphrey Bogart
Al Lewis

A boozy evening of tall-tales and one-upmanship

Jockice

Henrik Larsson.
Jerry Sadowirz.
Stephen Pastel.
And a couple of women. Ones I fancy.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

seepage

Alan Brooke, 1st Viscount Alanbrooke, CIGS
Napoleon Bonaparte
Alexander the Great
Stewart Lee
Angela Scanlon

Retinend

pigamus

seepage

Angela can ask the questions and do that look them up and down thing she does.