Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:53:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Adam Buxton Podcast Thread II: You're MAI WAIF now

Started by Phil_A, March 05, 2021, 11:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Pranet

Has anyone signed up to his mailing list? If so do you ever actually get anything from him? Signed up a bit back but not heard anything, I was wondering if it went wrong some how.

popcorn

Yeah I get stuff occasionally. Last one was in Jan.

Pranet

Ok that's before I joined up. No need to worry then. Thanks.

Retinend

Quote from: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/may/09/adam-buxton-were-in-the-sad-sandwich-of-life-but-it-has-a-surprising-zing-of-pickleThere's a lot in the book about David Bowie. What would he make of the world today?
That's an interesting question. Would he be super-woke or would he be appearing on Dave Rubin's YouTube show? Would he and Jordan Peterson be bemoaning the excesses of cancel culture? Possibly. Bowie did a few cancellable things in his life. But I do miss him.

This answer was perfect 👌

Bowie correctly predicted the impact that the internet would have on society. He always avoided taking sides (correct me if I'm wrong, CaB's many Bowie scholars). But I worry[nb]not a reasonable worry[/nb] that he might have somehow fallen foul of someone in the gender debates.

According to Joe's Instagram, he recorded a new podcast with Adam this week at short notice to promote the paperback release of Ramblebook.  Seems to think the episode will be up in the next week or so. 

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

This is a nice answer...

QuoteThe episode where Louis Theroux sings is a big fan favourite...

Even at school, Louis and Joe were the two funniest people to hang out with. I can see why he went down the serious documentary route – good for you, enjoy your Baftas – so it's nice to showcase his stupid side.

It's been stated in this thread countless times before, I know, but Louis really is an incredibly funny man. As Adam says, I love how this podcast has revealed that Serious Documentary Filmmaker Louis Theroux is actually an endearingly silly person who enjoys dicking about.

There was obviously quite a lot of humour in his early documentaries, but he still managed to maintain his slightly aloof professional broadcasting persona. That flies out the window whenever he chats to Adam. It's lovely.

Cold Meat Platter

Even Joe Rogan's interview with Louis is worth listening to. Rogan keeps telling him how funny he is.

Drygate

Yeah, that was a good one. Shame on didn't have him back.

Maybe Louis needs a BBC sitcom deal? Louis TK?

Icehaven

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on May 09, 2021, 06:31:32 PM
According to Joe's Instagram, he recorded a new podcast with Adam this week at short notice to promote the paperback release of Ramblebook.  Seems to think the episode will be up in the next week or so.

It's up!

Icehaven

Haha, Mr. Haven's overheard me listening to the AB podcast a few times and said "Why are you listening to Philip Schofield?"

Quote from: Mobbd on May 16, 2021, 11:15:56 AM
Anyone buying anything in the auction?

Here are the lots: https://www.adam-buxton.co.uk/blog/ramble-book-cardi-b-podcast-ad-and-radio-4-t8b49-xrnba-rfkds

Some huge prices already, but am I tempted to use a few hundred of the quids I've saved on commuting to bid on a vinyl justice helmet? Yes I am.

I imagine only a couple of items will go for less than a grand.

If Adam's reading this, get a couple of hundred Adam and Joe beermats made, have you and Joe sign them and list them as buy it nows for £10 a go. An easy £2,000!

Virgo76

Quote from: Pranet on May 07, 2021, 06:18:56 PM
Ok that's before I joined up. No need to worry then. Thanks.
He sent an email out a few days ago

Icehaven

Quote from: Mobbd on May 16, 2021, 11:15:56 AM
Anyone buying anything in the auction?

I want the hat but I bet that's probably Lot No. 1 so I won't even bother trying. It's for charidee though isn't it so I hope some rich bastard pays through the nose for it.

Edit: I was right, hat and Ad tshirt currently at £1221! More than double anything else. I'd have had them as separate lots if I was him, reckon they'd have made more.

Mister Six

Sonny_Jim

Lowest priced item with 7 days to go is one of the toys from the Snatch parody at 100 quid.

I reckon you're right Wayman, he could have done with a few cheap/novelty items as I wouldn't have minded a punt (it's for charideee) but a hundred quid is way out of my price range.  I mean I could just donate but where's the fun in that?

WRT the pod with Joe, it seemed to fly by for me.  No real earth shattering events, just a couple of mates nattering, which is nice.

non capisco

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on May 17, 2021, 09:22:29 AM
WRT the pod with Joe, it seemed to fly by for me.  No real earth shattering events, just a couple of mates nattering, which is nice.

I liked Joe's admission that they initially felt complete impostor syndrome around anything that smacked of media establishment professionalism, feeling like "a couple of home made ninnies".

Crabwalk

If, like me, you can't afford anything in the auction there are some bundles up for grabs via raffle tickets:

gfsboxoffice.com/raffle

Nothing as special as the main lots of course, but a good way to donate to MSF and, who knows, some of the swag might be signed or have a personal connection to Buckles.

Winning tickets will be announced on the livestream tomorrow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9QguRncjvo

idunnosomename

You can see current bids here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?isRefine=true&_pgn=1&sid=drbuckles

The Jabba is the most expensive toy at the monent at 600. Then frog Guiyan at 200. I think the Ad shirt could be worth the investment for a planet hollwood type place. More people of a certain age probably know it than you think

popcorn

Bought some raffle tickets. Hope I win big so I can auction the prizes for massive personal profit

Pranet

Yeah I've had a punt on the raffle. I always have a go at bottle stalls after the first time I tried I won a bottle of whisky. Nothing like that since. So I am due.

From his newsletter looks like he is signing the raffle prizes.

Mister Six

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on May 17, 2021, 09:22:29 AM
Lowest priced item with 7 days to go is one of the toys from the Snatch parody at 100 quid.

That's actually the one I'd want the most (along with Goldie monkey) but I can't justify forking out 125 quid on it. Bah!

Pink Gregory

Snorted at the Snatch toy movie being called 'Twat'.  Completely forgot about that.

Stonefish

I thought the latest one with Joe was pretty "real", not heard Joe talk so directly about some of the tensions they have had working together in the past.

clarkgwent

Quote from: Retinend on May 09, 2021, 04:14:18 PM
This answer was perfect 👌

Bowie correctly predicted the impact that the internet would have on society. He always avoided taking sides .

He sided against Scottish independence which I thought was a bit rich coming from someone English who lived in New York.

The Bumlord

Quote from: Stonefish on May 17, 2021, 09:44:33 PM
I thought the latest one with Joe was pretty "real", not heard Joe talk so directly about some of the tensions they have had working together in the past.

I think Joe's had the aloofness knocked out of him.