Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:05:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Move over Robert Palmer - the greatest smooth 80s song

Started by BlodwynPig, March 06, 2021, 08:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: non capisco on March 06, 2021, 08:58:05 PM
How about Peanut Butter by Gwen Guthrie

Absolutely, try and check out the Larry Levan remix album with his versions of this, Seventh Heaven and Getting Hot on - genius.

Side A
Side B

non capisco

Heard and love the Larry Levan remix of the Gwen tune, looking forward to checking out the others

Imagination's remix LP - Night Dubbing is in a similar style, chock full of bangers

pigamus

Quote from: non capisco on March 06, 2021, 09:10:38 PM
Heard and love the Larry Levan remix of the Gwen tune, looking forward to checking out the others

His mix of Jeffrey Osbourne - Plane Love is great, he provided a nice dub too.

I think I've posted on here but Jam & Lewis' production on Human League - Love Is All That Matters is incredible and the instrumental is 100% J&L apparently.

BlodwynPig

Wow, lots of knowledgeable people on here - and here I was thinking you were all just The Fall and Cardiacs fans

Another great voice who sadly departed this earth too early

Sharon Redd - Never Give You Up

Sharon Redd - Can You Handle it

BlodwynPig

Just did a search of my iTunes for soul and an album by this lot popped up, which I hadn't listened to...fantastic and bass loaded

Mary Jane Girls - Wild and Crazy Love

BlodwynPig

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 06, 2021, 09:33:03 PM
Another great voice who sadly departed this earth too early

Sharon Redd - Never Give You Up

Sharon Redd - Can You Handle it

Another Sharon Redd track that always slips under the radar Love How You Feel is probably my favourite.

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

non capisco

I was hoping it WOULD become too disco, in which case I've got loads.

BlodwynPig

Natnar

Quote from: Rizla on March 06, 2021, 05:45:55 PM
Revisiting the Hits4 compilation recently,this stood out as a track 10-your old me would have fast-forwarded  (stuck as it was between ultrabangers "How Will I Know" and "System Addict" but what a smooth groove. Written by a member of The Time, as was Criticize (different one though).

Hits 4 is my favourite compilation of all the Hits and Now albums.

BlodwynPig

non capisco

Was just gonna say

Change - A Lover's Holiday

So are we OK to go disco? We're going disco.

Try It Out - Gino Soccio

Feel like we're veering well away from Alexander O'Neal now but hey, it's all good music.

BlodwynPig

Vandross can get to fuck, solo wise but i do own a Change album

Rizla

Quote from: Natnar on March 06, 2021, 10:02:27 PM
Hits 4 is my favourite compilation of all the Hits and Now albums.
So many skill and ace songs. However, despite owning it when it came out, I only recently (this year) realised that the cover is a big number 4. Always just saw it as a Mondrian-type design or pastiche. One for the fuck my hat thread.

crankshaft

The entirety of Anita Baker's sublime album Rapture surely must rate highly here. "Caught Up In The Rapture" and "Sweet Love" especially. So smooth, so great.