Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:19:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Demon's Souls PS5

Started by druss, March 07, 2021, 03:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

druss

I never played this on the PS3. It's a bit strange playing it now, it looks absolutely amazing and the controller feedback is incredible and makes me excited for future games.

But having played the soulsborne game since Dark Souls, it feels like underneath the gloss is an inferior game to all of the ones that followed it. That's not to say it's not a great game, being a weaker From Software game is still better than 99% of other games out there but I am finding myself playing more on Dark Souls 3 since getting a PS5 than on Demon's Souls.

I guess if you'd never played any of the games before then it would be a great way to start.

Anyone else played it? Thoughts compared to other souls games?

Thursday

Only played the original, but yeah mechanically it's a lesser game. It's got some interesting ideas and got some unique mood and tone to it, that distinguishes it from the games that follow a bit, but it kind of looks like this remaster loses some of that in part because of the gloss, which makes me feel a bit conflicted about it.

Will probably still pick it up when I eventually get a PS5.

druss

Quote from: Thursday on March 07, 2021, 04:11:41 PM
Only played the original, but yeah mechanically it's a lesser game. It's got some interesting ideas and got some unique mood and tone to it, that distinguishes it from the games that follow a bit, but it kind of looks like this remaster loses some of that in part because of the gloss, which makes me feel a bit conflicted about it.

Will probably still pick it up when I eventually get a PS5.
It's a good game, just feels very weird playing what is clearly an older game with a new paint gloss. No plunging or jumping attacks might not seem a big deal but it's more jarring than you'd think. At least they changed the rolling.

Thursday

It's a tough choice I'm sure, because fans are such purists about the original, that changing anything angers them. Not changing anything means you've got this game that feels weirdly dated, which I don't mind but probably feels extra jarring because of the look of it.

Chedney Honks

If they'd changed anything except the graphics, nobody else would be alive.