Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:08:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling 2021: The Big Thread Machine

Started by madhair60, March 07, 2021, 08:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moribunderast

I'd like to pay attention to Impact but whenever I watch a YouTube clip Matt Striker is UNBEARABLE. Can't imagine making it through two hours of his commentary each week. I didn't hate him in Lucha Underground so he's either gotten worse since then or my standards have been raised by people like Kevin Kelly, Don Callis, Excalibur and Tony Schiavone.

Deanjam

There's nothing like rewarding DUI's with titles.

up_the_hampipe

What the fuck is Alexa Bliss' new theme? Also, is she still doing The Fiend's daughter/girlfriend thing without him there?

Deanjam

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on July 19, 2021, 01:07:34 AM
What the fuck is Alexa Bliss' new theme? Also, is she still doing The Fiend's daughter/girlfriend thing without him there?

She took over the gimmick after Wrestlemania.

Deanjam

There's literally no one in this match I want to see win. I guess Liv Morgan.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Deanjam on July 19, 2021, 01:10:14 AM
She took over the gimmick after Wrestlemania.

Well it's silly and I don't like it.

Deanjam

Deanjam

Well that was a surprising winner. Pretty rubbish match though.

up_the_hampipe

AJ Styles still floundering in the tag scene. Those responsible must pay a heavy price.

Deanjam

Vince wants him to be Shawn Michaels to Omos' Diesel. Why you'd want another Diesel though ...

Deanjam

Omos throwing Styles over the top rope into a hurancarana was sweet.

up_the_hampipe

Omos could be a formidable final boss figure if booked right, which of course he won't be.

up_the_hampipe

I was confused as to why Drew was getting booed, then I saw that promo and I get it.

up_the_hampipe

This is fucking brutal. Bobby Lashley is kind of awesome.

Deanjam

Feels like they're setting up for Lashley/Lesnar at Summerslam.

Deanjam

Oh wait, apparently he's facing Goldberg. Yikes.

Gurke and Hare

I hate that ending to the women's ladder match - somebody scooting up on the outside while everyone else brawls just makes your wrestlers look like idiots, don't do it. The Nikki A.S.H. gimmick is terrible too.

Flair/Ripley was a banger.

Timothy

What a pop for Cena. Great that he's back.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Timothy on July 19, 2021, 11:58:45 AM
What a pop for Cena. Great that he's back.

I'm not sure what was funnier, Cole creaming in his pants as he orgasmicaly shouts "Cena's here!" or McAfee shouting "where?" right afterwards.

Spode

AJ working his arse off well outside the main event again. This time while his mate Larry David feints all over the ring.

I know they've booked practically everyone into oblivion over the years but he is wasted there.

Deanjam

Quote from: Spode on July 19, 2021, 09:04:16 PM
AJ working his arse off well outside the main event again. This time while his mate Larry David feints all over the ring.

I know they've booked practically everyone into oblivion over the years but he is wasted there.

AJ's one of the few people that I completely understand why he sticks with WWE. He nearly killed himself for TNA for years for little reward, proved himself a great in New Japan, became a top guy in WWE and is now just enjoying life, working an easy schedule, earning big money and playing video games for fun. I think he's as happy as anyone in WWE.

up_the_hampipe

The trailer for Stephen Amell's show 'Heels' is out and it looks like complete shit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKFfSSXavYc

Spode

Quote from: Deanjam on July 19, 2021, 10:16:48 PM
AJ's one of the few people that I completely understand why he sticks with WWE. He nearly killed himself for TNA for years for little reward, proved himself a great in New Japan, became a top guy in WWE and is now just enjoying life, working an easy schedule, earning big money and playing video games for fun. I think he's as happy as anyone in WWE.

Yeah, that's all fair enough put like that  Just frustrating that they booked him really well early on and, given he's still pretty full time, could be put to good use in the title scene.

That said, the same could be said for up to about 10 of them. But no, it's Goldberg again at Summerslam.

Ja'moke

Fightful reporting that Punk is in talks for an in ring return, with AEW.

BeardFaceMan

Not overly excited about that, really. Find it hard to take him seriously anymore, never mind buy him as a tough guy. I know he's done a bit of acting and comic book writing, but would signing him bring viewers in, is he a mainstream name at all?

up_the_hampipe

I'd love for him to come back. He's the reason I started watching wrestling again in 2011 and he set in motion a trend where indie stars were allowed to shine on the biggest stage. Not to mention he's one of the all-time great promos, could put on 5-star matches and has a naturally edgy personality that's more exciting to watch. Obviously, he returns for the right amount of money, but he also must have (or has been presented with) a creatively attractive idea to bring him in.

Spiteface

If he's got the itch again, great. I would love to see it.

But I want to see CM PUNK. Not Phil Brooks just picking up a paycheque.

I think Bryan Danielson is far more likely if AEW is signing anyone of note soon.