Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:19:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling 2021: The Big Thread Machine

Started by madhair60, March 07, 2021, 08:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

Adam Cole is apparently a free agent.

The Crumb

Quote from: Ja'moke on August 02, 2021, 10:57:37 AM
Adam Cole is apparently a free agent.

I don't wish the guy ill, but I really don't want to see him anywhere else after his interminable overexposure on NXT.

Ja'moke

He's someone that would definitely go to AEW given his ties to the Bullet Club, not to mention his wife working there.

Spode

Didn't Britt Baker say something last week about having protection coming in? Although, admittedly, you'd have to imagine the chances of her husband coming in and punching loads of women in the face are probably quite slim.

Ja'moke

General sale for Rampage in Chicago sold out in 10 minutes.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Spode on August 02, 2021, 12:00:56 PM
Didn't Britt Baker say something last week about having protection coming in? Although, admittedly, you'd have to imagine the chances of her husband coming in and punching loads of women in the face are probably quite slim.

Ospreay twatted his missus recently, it's pro wrestling, never say never.

Ja'moke

Ric Flair has been granted his release from WWE.

Surely AEW-bound. Arn and Tully are already there.

Spiteface

Didn't it recently come out that Flair hasn't spoken to Arn in years?

BeardFaceMan

They should bring him in as the new leader of The Dark Order!

Deanjam

Quote from: Spiteface on August 02, 2021, 05:39:56 PM
Didn't it recently come out that Flair hasn't spoken to Arn in years?

Yeah he blamed Arn for not being there for him or some self pitying shit. The usual Flair. I really don't want him on TV, it just depresses me, but it seems inevitable that they'll pair him with someone in the hope that he'll elevate them when in reality he'll just steal all the attention.

Ja'moke

Isn't there talk that Flair is going to get Me Too'd in the Plane Ride From Hell episode of Dark Side of the Ring? AEW should be wary about bringing him in, though I expect they will.

peanutbutter

Quote from: Deanjam on August 02, 2021, 05:45:41 PM
Yeah he blamed Arn for not being there for him or some self pitying shit.
After Reid died Arn didn't get in touch at all, which honestly seems fair enough of a reason to consider the friendship dead if it had already been on the wane before that. He brought it up in a very self pitying way but I think it's totally fair to be pissed off with Arn in that scenario.

If the reports are that Flair requested his release I imagine it was to do with some kind of endorsement deal they wouldn't allow tbh. I can see him being given big money to endorse gambling or something like that which may negatively impact WWE's sponsorship options overall.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Ja'moke on August 02, 2021, 05:47:52 PM
Isn't there talk that Flair is going to get Me Too'd in the Plane Ride From Hell episode of Dark Side of the Ring? AEW should be wary about bringing him in, though I expect they will.

Yeah, I think that's going to be trouble for a few people. Rumours of Dustin Rhodes too.

BeardFaceMan

Yeah in the promotional stuff the Dark Side guys were doing leading up this series they say it's one of the more fucked up stories they've done, and that's saying something. If even half of the stuff rumoured to have happened on that flight is actually true is then there are a few people who are going to be fucked.

Regarding Flair, I thought he was on a Legends deal anyway, not a proper contract. Either way, I can't believe he would fuck up his payday over something like being forced into a storyline with a young woman, he has enough sway to say 'no' to that.

Ja'moke

Apparently a load of "CM Punk" and "We want Wyatt" chants during Raw in Chicago last night.

peanutbutter

I thought the season of Dark Side of the Ring ended like a month ago? How many episodes are in S3?

BeardFaceMan

They're doing that weird thing Americans do where they take a mid-season break, they did 7 episodes and there's another 7 when they come back, which is next month, I think.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: peanutbutter on August 03, 2021, 11:30:40 AM
I thought the season of Dark Side of the Ring ended like a month ago? How many episodes are in S3?

They're currently on a mid-season break. Still 7 more episodes to come https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Side_of_the_Ring#Season_3_(2021)

Honestly, I don't know how much Ric Flair will be affected by it. The current generation of wrestlers are held to a higher standard, but stories of famous wrestlers being shitbags back in the day have been well known. The story from the Plane Ride From Hell, as of now, is that he flashed a stewardess and tried to make her touch his dick. This has been going around the IWC for years. I think wrestling fans would be more surprised if it turned out Flair hadn't ever been inappropriate with women.

BeardFaceMan

This is one of the occasions where wrestling not being mainstream is a good thing, because if they were big enough names to be taken notice of, they'd have been fucked years ago. It all depends what's in the episode, I wonder if they talked to the staff that were on the plane? If one of the stewardesses is actually on camera accusing Flair of that stuff, then that could be bad.

peanutbutter

The thing that would kill Flair is a detailed private encounter where he was a horrible prick. He's got a certain defense beyond everyone knowing he's a creep in that it always seems to be far more about showing off and attention seeking than anything else; if that were revealed to be bullshit he coluld crash pretty fast.

BeardFaceMan

Darby is saying that his promo on Dynamite was calling out Sammy Guevara, not Punk. It makes sense that Punk would choose someone like Darby to work with, but if Punk is coming in and he isn't working with Darby, what is his first angle going to be?

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on August 03, 2021, 03:18:54 PM
Darby is saying that his promo on Dynamite was calling out Sammy Guevara, not Punk. It makes sense that Punk would choose someone like Darby to work with, but if Punk is coming in and he isn't working with Darby, what is his first angle going to be?

I mean, I hope he's telling the truth. CM Punk's first wrestling angle in 7 years with the skateboard Jackass dude? Naw.

Ja'moke

A while back someone asked Punk who he'd like to work with in AEW. He said Darby, Starks, Hobbs, Pillman Jr and Jungle Boy.

I'm up for all of them.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Ja'moke on August 03, 2021, 11:03:53 PM
A while back someone asked Punk who he'd like to work with in AEW. He said Darby, Starks, Hobbs, Pillman Jr and Jungle Boy.

I'm up for all of them.

He'll work with who I say he works with and that's that!

Colt Cabana.

Deanjam

Meltzer reckons the reason Flair left WWE was because he was unhappy with Charlotte's booking. Which means either Dave has gone insane or Ric has. Possibly both.

Spode

Quote from: Deanjam on August 03, 2021, 11:50:34 PM
Meltzer reckons the reason Flair left WWE was because he was unhappy with Charlotte's booking. Which means either Dave has gone insane or Ric has. Possibly both.

Dave's mind should be as focused and sharp as ever given his recent holiday. Admittedly, that holiday included a WOR show on the phone, a live PWG show and the inconvenience of a meal with friends overrunning so he couldn't see smackdown. But still, a holiday nevertheless.

Gurke and Hare

Taz is absolutely steaming on Dark tonight, it's great.

Ja'moke

Gurke and Hare

What is point? This has to be a squash doesn't it? I don't know these people, and without knowing them it seems that, say Thunder Rosa vs Riho would be a better use of TV time. Maybe it's going to lead to an angle. It seems a bit sudden otherwise.