Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:00:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling 2021: The Big Thread Machine

Started by madhair60, March 07, 2021, 08:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

Just listened to that rap Max Caster decided to do. Prob not the best idea.

Ja'moke

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on August 04, 2021, 07:09:54 PM
Just listened to that rap Max Caster decided to do. Prob not the best idea.

Can't believe they didn't edit that out straight away.

Fightful reporting that Ruby Riott (now Ruby Soho) is AEW bound. Finally they signed someone new to the women's division! Ruby is a great pick up.

Old Thrashbarg

Guessing Caster writes his own raps, but I'd assumed they'd go through some sort of clearance with someone before he goes out and performs them.

BeardFaceMan

That's the thing with AEW, TK only gives them the broad strokes, the wrestlers work out the details for themselves, they are given a lot of creative freedom that way.

Gurke and Hare

Julia must at least be saying okay to them I'd have thought. If not it's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Ja'moke

Cool entrance for Black. Still baffled WWE let him go.

Deanjam

Bobby Eaton has died. First wrestler I was a fan of when I started watching around 1990. Pretty much universally liked in the business, which is quite the achievement.

BeardFaceMan

That was the first time I've seen Kamille, that was quite the visual seeing her in the ring with Leyla Hirsch.

And never mind Max Caster, can Cody not ever be allowed near a mic again? Please?

gmoney

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on August 05, 2021, 11:31:17 AM
And never mind Max Caster, can Cody not ever be allowed near a mic again? Please?

Why? I thought he was great at the end, acting punch drunk. It was beautiful match/angle. Black looks amazing.

BeardFaceMan

Because his promos are boring as shit, I've never been a fan of the 'happy to be here, i love all you fans, I do all this for you, you make it all worthwhile etc' type babyface, it's bland as fuck. Genuinely couldn't make it to the end, I had to forward through it, went on far too long.

gmoney

I think he does it very well. Those types of promos can be dull, I agree, but Cody's got the charisma to pull it off. He drew the crowd in and they reacted big when he got jumped, so the job was done.

sevendaughters

Quote from: Deanjam on August 05, 2021, 09:07:23 AM
Bobby Eaton has died. First wrestler I was a fan of when I started watching around 1990. Pretty much universally liked in the business, which is quite the achievement.

best American tag team wrestler of all time and an absolute prince, wrestling could use a couple of Beautiful Bobbys right now

Ja'moke

Fourth week in a row Dynamite did 1.1 mil and increased the key demo (0.46). It did a higher demo number than NXT did total viewers (although NXT is on Syfy this week, so not a totally fair comparison).

up_the_hampipe

QuoteFightful Select has posted a preview of a conversation that the Wrestling Perspective Podcast (twitch.tv/wrestlingperspectivepod) had with the current GCW Champion, Matt Cardona. The full interview goes live this evening. The following excerpt is about a conversation Cardona had with Triple H at the height of his popularity ten years ago:

"Cardona remembered getting the internet title made and Triple H called him a mark for himself and said that ten years ago, the locker room would have kicked his ass. Cardona replied with "well, the locker room loves me." Triple H responded with saying that's why the houses are half empty, but Cardona wasn't sure exactly what HHH was blaming."

The nerve of that prick to call anyone a mark for themselves. It's hilarious how these old school guys see themselves, and look down on the current generation of "nerdy" wrestlers. Their generation used to kill each other over this fake sport, sounds like they're the real dorks.

Just your regular reminder that HHH booked himself to have the longest match of Wrestlemania 35 against Batista, a match that nobody wanted to see, and Batista didn't really want to do, just so he could get a win back from a feud that had ended 14 years earlier.

BeardFaceMan

Yeah that's pretty funny, especially as HHH would have been nowhere near the front of the line of locker room boys ready to kick his ass.

Deanjam

My favourite HHH story of him acting the big man but backing down was when he was politicking for Kurt Angle to drop the WWF title as he was too small. Sick of his moaning, Pat Patterson stood up and said "If you think he's too small, why don't you go out there and challenge him to a real fight." End of conversation.

Also, fuck off you big nerd mark.

Spode

The locker room leader had a Limp Bizkit song as his entrance music and called himself the deadman.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Spode on August 06, 2021, 07:29:38 PM
The locker room leader had a Limp Bizkit song as his entrance music and called himself the deadman.

Another fake tough guy, most of the roster would have made mincemeat of him in a real fight. But he was so good at being intimidating with his size that he never had to back it up. But the real tough guys like Angle or Lesnar or Blackman have no ego or attitude because they're not insecure, they know they're tough and don't feel the need to constantly prove it.

gmoney

Quote from: Deanjam on August 06, 2021, 07:21:42 PM
My favourite HHH story of him acting the big man but backing down was when he was politicking for Kurt Angle to drop the WWF title as he was too small. Sick of his moaning, Pat Patterson stood up and said "If you think he's too small, why don't you go out there and challenge him to a real fight." End of conversation.

To be fair, I'd have liked HHH a lot more if that was his gear all the time.

Imagine coming up with a fake title belt to get yourself over. What a fucking geek. If you tried doing that 30 years ago, you'd be laughed out the company.

Oh.

Still, at least HHH wouldn't let that sort of thing near the show he books.

https://www.wwe.com/superstars/la-knight

Oh.

Spiteface

Quote from: Deanjam on August 06, 2021, 07:21:42 PM

I wonder what HUN-TOR made of the Elite's entrance on Dynamite last week. Or indeed Kenny Omega's facial hair.

BeardFaceMan

At least Omega's beard makes sense as it's sculpted into an Omega symbol, HHH just looked like a trucker.

Mobius

More WWE releases

Bronson Reed

Bobby Fish

Tyler Rust

Leon Ruff

Mercedes Martinez

Ari Sterling

Koana Reeves

Jake Atlas

Asher Hale

Zechariah Smith

Giant Zanjeer

Stephon Smith

Deanjam

Reed was only NA champion a couple of months ago. Anyway, he's not wasting any time.

Mobius

Yeah he's the most shocking I think

205 Live is about to air and there's 2 matches advertised and 3 of the 4 wrestlers featured just got released.

Happy anniversary to Jake Atlas https://twitter.com/jakeatlas_/status/1423719687251181573?s=21

BeardFaceMan

Yeah Vince is definitely gearing up to sell, isn't he?

Ja'moke

I'm shocked NXT UK is still alive given all these releases. Maybe Nick Khan doesn't know it exists.

letsgobrian

Quote from: Ja'moke on August 07, 2021, 11:11:11 AM
I'm shocked NXT UK is still alive given all these releases. Maybe Nick Khan doesn't know it exists.

I wonder if its continued existence is tied up in the BT Sport contract?

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Mobius on August 07, 2021, 02:43:55 AM
Yeah he's the most shocking I think

205 Live is about to air and there's 2 matches advertised and 3 of the 4 wrestlers featured just got released.

Happy anniversary to Jake Atlas https://twitter.com/jakeatlas_/status/1423719687251181573?s=21

And Leon Ruff's tweet is the perfect example of why this keeps happening, why wrestlers have nothing but good things to say when they've been fired and why they go back for more after being treated poorly by that absolute shitshow of a company.