Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:17:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling 2021: The Big Thread Machine

Started by madhair60, March 07, 2021, 08:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on October 06, 2021, 01:18:38 PM
Someone hacked Twitch and found the earnings (based off subscriptions only, not including donations) for various streamers over the past year. Here are some wrestling ones of interest:

There's no wonder they don't want to give up Twitch.

I only saw some of Paige's from when she watched the OSV review of Fighting with my Family (I guess it was a request) and she came off as vacuous and insincere. Still, easy money for her.

EDITED FOR CONTEXT QUOTE NEW PAGE CUNT HOGAN

BeardFaceMan

Looking forward to the women's match tonight, should be a cracker and hopefully it's the start of Shida going after Britt and being on TV a bit more. The crowd need an opponent for Britt that they can get behind which will help Britt get some boos, her character's not working at all for me at the moment.

Custard

Surprised Xavier doesn't make more, what with him being the resident games dude

But yeah, that's a fair chunk of change. No wonder Limmy is on there most nights

BeardFaceMan

I don't know how much the likes of Adam Cole were making in NXT, but his Twitch revenue must be close to or more than what he was making there, surely? And WWE wanted to come along and say "we'll have some of that, thanks, or you can't do it"? I'm only suprised he didn't tell them to fuck off sooner. Suprised by Xavier's amount compared to the others too, do you think he gets paid to do that show by WWE now or do they take a cut of what he earns from Twitch for being so generous as to let him do it?

And Zelina gave all that up to go back to WWE? And she does and WWE fire her husband (when he's just started a new push)? Fuck, she must hate Vince right now.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on October 06, 2021, 07:28:18 PM
And Zelina gave all that up to go back to WWE? And she does and WWE fire her husband (when he's just started a new push)? Fuck, she must hate Vince right now.

She's only got herself to blame on that one. Started fighting for a union when something affected her, then dropped the whole thing when WWE were interested in having her back.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on October 06, 2021, 08:54:02 PM
She's only got herself to blame on that one. Started fighting for a union when something affected her, then dropped the whole thing when WWE were interested in having her back.

Oh yeah, I have zero sympathy for her for choosing to go back, I'm amazed she thought she'd get treated any other way.

stonkers

I don't know how much the likes of Adam Cole were making in NXT, but his Twitch revenue must be close to or more than what he was making there, surely?

Sounds pretty likely, I think Meltzer said a few months ago that Adam Cole was in the $150-200K region in NXT.

Ja'moke

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on October 06, 2021, 05:28:58 PM
Looking forward to the women's match tonight, should be a cracker and hopefully it's the start of Shida going after Britt and being on TV a bit more. The crowd need an opponent for Britt that they can get behind which will help Britt get some boos, her character's not working at all for me at the moment.

Britt got cheered against Shida at Double or Nothing, though. Ruby has done the best so far in getting cheers against Britt. And I think Tay would be a popular choice too.

Rumours that the TBS title for the women will be announced tonight on Dynamite.

Suprised by Xavier's amount compared to the others too, do you think he gets paid to do that show by WWE now or do they take a cut of what he earns from Twitch for being so generous as to let him do it?

I think Woods is much more established on YouTube with his UpUpDownDown channel which WWE have co-owned for a while now.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Ja'moke on October 06, 2021, 11:06:47 PM
Britt got cheered against Shida at Double or Nothing, though. Ruby has done the best so far in getting cheers against Britt. And I think Tay would be a popular choice too.

I do like Baker, but she's not great at character work. When she tried to be face, she couldn't get over. Went heel out of necessity and did a good comedy heel thing for a while, now she's a ruthless heel who gets cheers, she never quite gets the reaction she's going for. She's definitely got better but again, I've no idea what her character is supposed to be right now, if she's a heel she should be doing more to get boos (although this isn't entirely her fault, there's been muddled presentation from AEW, such as celebrating her heel title win as though she was a face and having a face commentator come out and congratulate her). Heels that get cheers just don't work for me, this is a world away from the Stone Cold-type face who does heel shit, this is just a heel who can't get the crowd to boo them. Listen to the pops Adam Cole gets, I don't think I've heard a louder pop in AEW than when he does his Boom and Bay-Bay, but he can still get the crowd to boo him when the match starts.

Rumours that the TBS title for the women will be announced tonight on Dynamite.

Is it Dynamite that's moving to TBS now and Rampage staying on TNT? That's buggered the naming system.

I think Woods is much more established on YouTube with his UpUpDownDown channel which WWE have co-owned for a while now.

Ah right, I thought that UUDD was a Twitch show.

Ja'moke

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on October 06, 2021, 11:21:58 PM

Is it Dynamite that's moving to TBS now and Rampage staying on TNT? That's buggered the naming system.

Dynamite was always moving to TBS. And Rampage was supposed to be moving to TBS too. Now Rampage will be staying on TNT on Fridays, along with the four TNT specials per year.

In terms of Adam Cole, he's very similar to Britt in a way, in that it depends on who his opponent is. He would always get cheered in NXT in his matches against Kyle O'Reilly, who was meant to be the face. And he was cheered throughout the match against Frankie Kazarian. But he did well getting them to boo last week, but it was against a very popular guy in Jungle Boy. Similar to Britt getting cheered against Shida and Red Velvet, but got more boos when against Statlander and Ruby.

Mobius

NXT 2.0 going good so far

"WWE NXT last night on USA Network was watched by 632,000 viewers, the lowest since Sep 7, and down 4% from last week. NXT did a 0.13 rating in P18-49 (about 170,000 viewers), the lowest since Aug 3. It ranked #34 on cable, according to Showbuzz Daily."

"Median age for NXT last night was 62

Gurke and Hare

I don't know what more Britt can do to turn the crowd against her though - she does all the things a heel is supposed to but she can't get booed.

Red hot start to the show tonight - first match starts two minutes in and the crowd is great.

Gurke and Hare

I did not expect that, but I'm delighted.

That was a hell of a show.

Ja'moke

Amazing show. It's great when wrestling gives me the things I want. Also what a pop! He's so over that Mox got booed against him.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on October 07, 2021, 01:07:16 AM
I don't know what more Britt can do to turn the crowd against her though - she does all the things a heel is supposed to but she can't get booed.

I don't buy that though, if a heel is trying to get booed and they can't get booed then they're not doing their job properly. If people as over as Mick Foley or Stone Cold or The Rock can get people to boo them, so can she, she's not *that* beloved.  If she's doing the arrogant heel thing she could do what The Rock did and cut the crowd off when they try and join in with catchphrases, there are lots of little things she could do to get the boos instead of soaking up the cheers. And again, muddled presentation is part of it, why the fuck is Skeeavone doing her 'DMD' hand gestures along with her? I thought that maybe Shida was going to get the win against Deeb and go on as a strong face to go against Baker, but with Deeb doing that heel turn maybe they'll have her go against Baker and turn Baker face. That's the problem with the women's division, they've been so focused on getting Baker over, they've neglected the entire division and have forgotten to build up any credible opponents for her, face or heel. God knows what they're going to be doing with this new TBS belt when the one they already have is barely on tv.

Gurke and Hare

Schiavone interviews Hangman in Rhodes to the Top break

I didn't think it would be Hangman because the gap to Full Gear is quite long, but of course he won't dive straight into the title match. This is going to be so good..

gmoney

Great show, but the best thing was JR saying "arse"

Ja'moke

A bit of an ECW get-together at the end of last night's show in Philly: https://youtu.be/mAOcEJRJsgo

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: gmoney on October 07, 2021, 01:50:57 PM
Great show, but the best thing was JR saying "arse"

Hah, yeah, that was an odd choice by him, no idea where it came from but it made me laugh.

Mobius

Yeah that was just an awesome show throughout. Feel like I post that every week but hey it's true!

For some reason I loved the little Cody/Arn vignette. I can't believe I give a fuck about what Cody's gonna do next.

Serena Deeb is great.

Spode

Laughed at 'finally showed up for work' as Page walked to the ring. And Schiavone calling Cole a jerk. Big fan of Tone on comms in general actually.

More referee hatred for Aubrey in the Shida match. 'Get off the rope, get in the ring, get your hands up, get off the top rope.' Just get off the tele please and count to three at the end.

Spiteface

Quote from: Mobius on October 07, 2021, 07:31:24 PM
Serena Deeb is great.

Yes she is. Great match with Shida this week. I would guess the next few weeks would maybe be Shida chasing that 50th win, perhaps with Deeb costing her those matches (I'd rather this than a series of clean losses for Shida as losing streak angles suck), then a rematch PPV. That's something I can get into. More of those two on my telly.

What I'm enjoying is that Bryan Danielson is largely the old ROH Danielson, not just "Daniel Bryan" in AEW. But for the love of god, he needs to stop doing the diving headbutt.

Was slightly worried that Darby Allin was getting attacked by ninjas. I thought it was the same guys that kidnapped Samoa Joe.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Spode on October 07, 2021, 09:33:40 PM
Big fan of Tone on comms in general actually.

Him popping whenever someone smacked Nakazawa was great.

Gurke and Hare

Rhodes to the Top is worth watching for the bits around the terrible weigh-in segment with Agogo.

MrMrs

Rhodes to the Top rules. Love the backstage glimpses.

Aubrey annoyed me when gurning for the camera in the new belt segment. Why was she unveiling? She's a ref... Brandi surely?

Ja'moke

That was my favourite Punk match in AEW so far. Garcia is another fantastic young star.

BeardFaceMan

You've got to admire the balls on the lad. Fair play, he must be feeling on top of the world right now. I guess that's Punk a lock for the first match on Rampage.

Ja'moke

Smackdown is on FS1 next week, so it's possible AEW could beat them in the demo. But Smackdown has advertised Lesnar and Becky vs Sasha.

BeardFaceMan

But AEW aren't on their radar and this is all just a coincidence.