Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:49:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling 2021: The Big Thread Machine

Started by madhair60, March 07, 2021, 08:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Ja'moke on April 11, 2021, 02:56:33 AM
Apparently he was angling for a match with Triple H, according to Triple H himself. But Trips said he just doesn't have time to prepare and get in ring shape now.

Oh phew! No wanky entrance this year.

Not sure if he's even a remotely good wrestler, but this Omos guy is pretty awesome.

Ja'moke

Deanjam

It's been a long time since Vince has pushed an inanimate object, but I fully expect Omos to be Universal champion by the end of the year.

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on April 11, 2021, 03:05:08 AM
They used Omos perfectly.

Clearly they're repeating what they did with Nash & Michaels. Unfortunately they were broken up and Nash pushed as world champion far to quickly.

up_the_hampipe

Fucking hell, this Shane/Braun feud looks atrocious. Is Braun's gimmick now Kevin Kline from A Fish Called Wanda? "Don't call me stupid!"

Ja'moke

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on April 11, 2021, 03:08:33 AM
Fucking hell, this Shane/Braun feud looks atrocious. Is Braun's gimmick now Kevin Kline from A Fish Called Wanda? "Don't call me stupid!"

You need to try and find a clip of Shane's promo from a few weeks back. I thought he was having a stroke.

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on April 11, 2021, 03:10:07 AM
You need to try and find a clip of Shane's promo from a few weeks back. I thought he was having a stroke.

Not for the first time he couldn't remember what he was supposed to say. If he doesn't have some sort of brain damage I'd be amazed.

Deanjam

That was shite. When you constrantly have to fill up your matches with bullshit and distrcation, maybe your'e not so good at wrestling.

Ja'moke

Very happy to hear those Bayley chants. I know she's meant to be heel, but it shows she has done fantastic work this past year and got back over after a pretty depressing main roster run before she turned. There was a while she was barely getting any reaction.

Who'd have ever thought a couple years ago that Bayley would have a talk show segment!

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on April 11, 2021, 03:33:17 AM
Very happy to hear those Bayley chants. I know she's meant to be heel, but it shows she has done fantastic work this past year and got back over after a pretty depressing main roster run before she turned. There was a while she was barely getting any reaction.

Who'd have ever thought a couple years ago that Bayley would have a talk show segment!

She's finally found her feet. I thought she did a great job with the old gimmick, but was given awful material by writers who didn't understand it. Shows how talented she is that there's such a difference in the characters.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Deanjam on April 11, 2021, 03:42:21 AM
She's finally found her feet. I thought she did a great job with the old gimmick, but was given awful material by writers who didn't understand it. Shows how talented she is that there's such a difference in the characters.

Yeah I wasn't sure when she first turned and was doing the super serious heel. But then during the lockdown era she just leaned into the comedy Jericho style heel and really nailed it.

up_the_hampipe

Fake crowd noise turned to the max for Bad Bunny.

Ja'moke

Bad Bunny made to look like a bigger star than anyone on the roster.

Deanjam

There's more build and production for this match than anything else on this show. Vince loves blowing the celebs.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Ja'moke on April 11, 2021, 03:50:05 AM
Bad Bunny made to look like a bigger star than anyone on the roster.

Well, he is.

rjd2

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on April 11, 2021, 03:51:48 AM
Well, he is.

Ha yeah its a genuine coup and I don't have any interest in his music.

Ja'moke

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on April 11, 2021, 03:51:48 AM
Well, he is.

You know what I mean, haha. Within the world of wrestling. As in they've given him an entrance and build up better than any wrestler.

Deanjam

To be fair Bunny is already a better wrestler than Braun or Shane.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Deanjam on April 11, 2021, 03:55:06 AM
To be fair Bunny is already a better wrestler than Braun or Shane.

He's looked better than everyone in that women's tag.

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on April 11, 2021, 03:54:21 AM
You know what I mean, haha. Within the world of wrestling. As in they've given him an entrance and build up better than any wrestler.

Yeah, you're supposed to make your wrestlers feel on an equal star power with the celeb. WWE has failed at this for years now.

Deanjam

Seriously though, Bunny lad is doing well.

Ja'moke

He's killing it!

Bad Bunny just stole the show.

Deanjam

Well that was better than I thought possible. Between this Shaq and Pat McAfee it's been a good year for celebs wrestling.

rjd2

ha fair play he's over as fuck and was decent.

rjd2

Those Meltzer comments look even worse now.

The Crumb

Hammering home how fun Bad Bunny's match was by recapping that dull as fuck WWE title match.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Deanjam on April 11, 2021, 04:06:37 AM
Well that was better than I thought possible. Between this Shaq and Pat McAfee it's been a good year for celebs wrestling.

It helps when they're genuine fans. They just get it.

Stephen Amell did too when he had his couple of matches.

rjd2

Bar King Bunny its not been great has it?

Ja'moke

Quote from: rjd2 on April 11, 2021, 04:15:57 AM
Bar King Bunny its not been great has it?

I enjoyed the WWE title match, Cesaro v Rollins, the Omos bit was fun, and Bad Bunny.

Now hoping Sasha and Bianca deliver.