Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:55:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling 2021: The Big Thread Machine

Started by madhair60, March 07, 2021, 08:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanjam

QuoteQ5: 809,000 viewers and 265,000 in 18-49 (Karrion Kross, Scarlett, Kyle O'Reilly, Pete Dunne and Finn Balor) [This was the show peak for men 35-49 and overall 18-49]

I'll bet.

Gurke and Hare

Hahaha, I'd forgotten they used the Taz Technique bit for him to bury Christian, that was brilliant.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on May 07, 2021, 08:56:49 PM
Hahaha, I'd forgotten they used the Taz Technique bit for him to bury Christian, that was brilliant.

Petty Taz is the best.

This Roman storyline on Smackdown is still very good. Jimmy Uso back now and adding a new dynamic to it. Plus tying in the Seth and Cesaro stuff into it all. Hard to imagine this is the same company that makes Raw.

Ja'moke

AEW has announced it will begin touring again with live Dynamites from July 7:

QuoteWednesday, July 7: James L. Knight Center in Miami.

Wednesday, July 14: H-E-B Center in Cedar Park, Texas (greater Austin area)

Wednesday, July 21: Curtis Culwell Center in Garland, Texas (greater Dallas area)

I believe July 7 is also the date the 90 days is up for the recent WWE releases. Would be cool to kick off the first full crowd Dynamite in over a year with the debut of Samoa Joe.

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1391754911545692161?s=09

Gurke and Hare

Quoteseating capacities will adhere to state and local mandates.

Which is presumably why they've announced two shows in Texas which has 100% capacity allowed.

BeardFaceMan

They're going full capacity at Daily's Place for Double or Nothing too.

amateur

Just watched Blood & Guts. That crashmat looks comfier than my bed.

Spode

Quote from: amateur on May 10, 2021, 08:04:42 PM
Just watched Blood & Guts. That crashmat looks comfier than my bed.

Just finished it myself. A few things:

- the ad breaks were death. At one point the ad break ended and one of the rings had been completely dismantled and previously unseen  tables were everywhere.
- unless it was very clever camera work, there seemed to be a few very nasty chair shots to the head. Not keen on that at all
- the ending was nowhere near as bad as I expected. Yeah, the fake metal looked a bit daft but the commentators had the common sense not to oversell what had happened

Really enjoyed it. Was surprised at how late in the show it started (especially after that weirdly long Omega interview) but felt like something they could really use every year to end a feud and it did feel aggressive and genuine. Feel they've booked MJF brilliantly and have given themselves loads of directions to move in going forward now as well.

Ja'moke

Those chairs were gimmicked to be more like the trashcan lid material apparently, the same as that time Spears hit Cody over the head (except that fucked up because the top of the chair caught him rather than the seat).

If you can get Fite, I recommend that for Dynamite, as you get to see all the action, even during the breaks (most of the time anyway).

Spode

Quote from: Ja'moke on May 10, 2021, 09:29:18 PM
Those chairs were gimmicked to be more like the trashcan lid material apparently, the same as that time Spears hit Cody over the head (except that fucked up because the top of the chair caught him rather than the seat).

If you can get Fite, I recommend that for Dynamite, as you get to see all the action, even during the breaks (most of the time anyway).

Cheers, used them a couple of times for PPVs so will give it a go.

BeardFaceMan

You use gimmicked chairs to watch PPVs? That's quite the watch party.

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on May 10, 2021, 07:28:00 PM
They're going full capacity at Daily's Place for Double or Nothing too.

Unlike the lungs of the attendees.

Spode

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on May 10, 2021, 10:40:47 PM
You use gimmicked chairs to watch PPVs? That's quite the watch party.

The lads at the party call me Shaun Beers, Chairman of the Bud

Deanjam

Ja'moke

Miz & Mrs got a higher rating on Monday.

By the way, NWA might have taken the cake for one of the worst stipulations ever. They're doing Thunder Rosa vs Kamille, where if Rosa loses she has to STAY in NWA and can't wrestle for any other company. Way to make the NWA look like a shithole.

Mobius

Ja'moke

Mox and Nagata opening Dynamite on TNT in 2021 with Mox coming out to Wild Thing. Dynamite is just a fun show.

EDIT: It was until this dumb Cody promo.

Mobius

Yeah that match was really fun.

Cody really doesn't do himself any favours sometimes.

Moribunderast

I'm a fan of Cody but that promo was absolutely horrible. I hate jingoistic stuff in wrestling (I get that it's part of Ogogo's gimmick too, to be fair) and bringing up elections, segregation and all sorts of shit just felt really gross. Huge misjudgement there.

Nagata/Moxley was awesome, as was Mox's new theme. AEW is going to be the singalong promotion when full crowds are back. I got a bit emotional at Mox bowing to Nagata which made me feel a bit of a wally, haha.

Bucks vs. SCU was very good but jeeeez, so much blood! Daniels gets a pass if that was his last match.

rjd2

Dark side of the ring,,,anyone here watch?

Moribunderast

Quote from: rjd2 on May 13, 2021, 02:33:22 AM
Dark side of the ring,,,anyone here watch?

The Pillman one? Was great, though heartbreaking when Brian Jr. discussed his upbringing. That kid seemingly has a good head on his shoulders.

rjd2

Quote from: Moribunderast on May 13, 2021, 02:52:27 AM
The Pillman one? Was great, though heartbreaking when Brian Jr. discussed his upbringing. That kid seemingly has a good head on his shoulders.

Cheers.

I have not actually watched an episode yet so curious for feedback.

I seen it on the channel 4 player the other day so curious.

Mobius

Ja'moke

Quote from: Mobius on May 13, 2021, 04:16:02 AM
Damn I love MIRO

He looked like an absolute beast, helped by Darby selling his arse off for him. And I'm down for Miro v Archer.

Apparently OC legit got rocked off that Liger Bomb from PAC, so they called an audible mid-match. The finish was supposed to be a 20 minute time limit draw and then announcing both would face Kenny in a triple threat. They did well to still get to that outcome and make it make sense on the fly. Hope OC recovers for DON.

Also, this explains the dumb Cody promo: https://heelbynature.com/all-elite-wrestling/cody-rhodes-abandons-the-american-dream-trademark/

He's doing all this just to prove he's using The American Dream name on TV so he can trademark it.

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: Ja'moke on May 13, 2021, 10:18:06 AM
Apparently OC legit got rocked off that Liger Bomb from PAC, so they called an audible mid-match. The finish was supposed to be a 20 minute time limit draw and then announcing both would face Kenny in a triple threat. They did well to still get to that outcome and make it make sense on the fly. Hope OC recovers for DON.

Yeah, you could tell immediately that he took that badly and he didn't really kick out of the pin attempt that followed. And it looked like it was the superkick before from PAC that actually connected and did the damage.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: rjd2 on May 13, 2021, 02:56:42 AM
Cheers.

I have not actually watched an episode yet so curious for feedback.

I seen it on the channel 4 player the other day so curious.

You've not seen any of them?! Definitely get on that, it's better than any actual wrestling show over the past year.

Ja'moke

QuoteZelina Vega, also known as Thea Trinidad was at the WWE Performance Center on Thursday, May 13. We were told it wasn't just a visit, as she was being filmed for some reason there. Zelina left WWE in November when she was fired for not following third party policies. Her husband Aleister Black also hasn't wrestled since her firing, and only recently saw vignettes air for his return after Fightful had reports that he had not been backstage at Smackdown for quite a while. We're working to learn the context of Zelina's appearance at the WWE PC, but have been told the working plan is for her to return to the company.

So much for the Union talk. I hope she gets a new "Property of WWE" shirt at least.

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on May 13, 2021, 04:36:13 PM
So much for the Union talk. I hope she gets a new "Property of WWE" shirt at least.

Glad I'm not the only one to notice how dodgy those shirts are.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Deanjam on May 13, 2021, 04:38:16 PM
Glad I'm not the only one to notice how dodgy those shirts are.

It was fresh in my mind because Cody and Sammy Guevera were joking about them on Sammy's vlog this week.

Gurke and Hare

God, this Cody angle is fucking terrible. And can Agogo please do something other than punch someone in the stomach before this match at DoN? The Foreign Heel is just such a shit old wrestling trope.