Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,383
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:22:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling 2021: The Big Thread Machine

Started by madhair60, March 07, 2021, 08:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

Either this zombie thing is a one-off for reasons we'll never understand, or this is the debut of a zombie faction?! Not sure which is worse.

Deanjam

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on May 17, 2021, 01:24:16 AM
Either this zombie thing is a one-off for reasons we'll never understand, or this is the debut of a zombie faction?! Not sure which is worse.

They were sent to WWE by Dave Batista from his new movie. Seriously.

Mobius

Quote from: Deanjam on May 17, 2021, 01:10:08 AM
If you're not watching Backlash, and why would you, the lumberjacks in the Miz/Priest match are zombies. Actual zombies.

This'll set the business back 30 years

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Deanjam on May 17, 2021, 01:26:20 AM
They were sent to WWE by Dave Batista from his new movie. Seriously.

The same company that delights in making fun of Robocop in WCW.

Spiteface

At least it ensures he won't be Johnny Cage in the next Mortal Kombat movie.

Wait... it's FAKE???

BeardFaceMan

I do like big Dave, he seems like a great bunch of lads.

Ja'moke

Dynamite moving from TNT to TBS staring January 2022, plus new show AEW Rampage to air Friday nights at 10 PM.

QuoteAs AEW continues to creep up on WWE, the wrestling company is expanding its reach in the ring.

All Elite Wrestling, Tony Khan's competitor to Vince McMahon's wrestling company, will move from TNT to TBS next year, the network announced Wednesday.

Until then, the two-hour weekly "Dynamite" show will add a third hour on Fridays, "Rampage," premiering at 10 p.m. on Aug. 13 on TNT.

WWE's "SmackDown" currently runs from 8-10 p.m. on Fridays on Fox, giving the feuding companies yet another contest.

But Brett Weitz, general manager of TBS, TNT and truTV, said he doesn't view AEW vs. WWE as an "us vs. them."

"More wrestling is better for wrestling fans," he told the Daily News during a press call Wednesday.

TNT will also debut four new "supercard" specials annually; Weitz said the network is still working with Khan on crafting the specials.

Deanjam

Can't think of a single example of any wrestling company being improved by having more programming. But, we'll see.

Deanjam

I've had a look and TBS in about a million more homes. So shouldn't hurt their audience, beyond having to remember to change the channel.

Ja'moke

Yeah, it's a pretty lateral move. TBS in about a million more homes, as you say, though TNT is seen as the slightly more premier channel of the two. TBS is mostly baseball and sitcom reruns, whereas TNT is mostly basketball and action movie reruns.

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on May 19, 2021, 06:50:05 PM
TBS is mostly baseball and sitcom reruns, whereas TNT is mostly basketball and action movie reruns.

Mobius

NXT just released

Alexander Wolfe (Sanity, Imperium)
Kavita Devi (NXT India)
Jessamyn Duke (Shayna's mate, UUDD)
Vanessa Borne (been there forever, done nowt. Aliyah's tag parner or something?)
Jake Clemons (no idea)
Skyler Story (who?)
Ezra Judge (literally don't know who this is sorry about that)

aaaaand ... QANON ref Drake Wuertz

Deanjam

Deanjam

Quote from: Mobius on May 19, 2021, 09:40:19 PM
NXT just released

Alexander Wolfe (Sanity, Imperium)

That explains why they kicked him out of the group.

amateur

BeardFaceMan

Eddie Kingston stealing the Bucks shoes was fucking perfect.

The Crumb

Will Ospreay vacating the NJPW cursed world heavyweight unified belt thing, cementing total NJPW main event shitshow.

up_the_hampipe

Really looking forward to this week's Dark Side of the Ring about "Collision in Korea". I know what it is, but I know so little about it. Juicy!

MrMrs

listen to the lapsed fan episode on it

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on May 20, 2021, 06:08:51 PM
Really looking forward to this week's Dark Side of the Ring about "Collision in Korea". I know what it is, but I know so little about it. Juicy!

That's what I like about the show, they always manage to have a mix of stuff I'm familiar with and interesting stuff I don't know much about. The WWE Plane Ride From Hell episode is supposed to be pretty mindblowing, looking forward to the steroid trial one too.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: MrMrs on May 20, 2021, 06:11:13 PM
listen to the lapsed fan episode on it

The Dark Side of the Ring episode will have come and gone by the time I finish that.

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on May 20, 2021, 06:13:52 PM
The WWE Plane Ride From Hell episode is supposed to be pretty mindblowing

Ric Flair better enjoy his national treasure status while he still has it. Got a feeling there's a cancelling coming from this one.

Deanjam

Quote from: The Crumb on May 20, 2021, 05:34:02 PM
Will Ospreay vacating the NJPW cursed world heavyweight unified belt thing, cementing total NJPW main event shitshow.

Put it on Ishii.

Mobius

Velveteen Dream gone

Lock up your sons

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Mobius on May 20, 2021, 10:23:07 PM
Velveteen Dream gone

Lock up your sons

Had Shawn Michaels and John Cena heralding him as the next big thing. A proper talent that seemed like a true future main eventer. Too bad he couldn't stop being a fucking pervert.

Deanjam

NBA game got big numbers last night [apparently] and so AEW suffered.

Quote from: Mobius on May 20, 2021, 10:23:07 PM
Velveteen Dream gone

Well, he really fucked it. So to speak.

Deanjam

Mobius

God that was such a good feud.

Yeah shame really, he would have probably main evented Mania one day. Hope going on the nonce was worth it.

You could probably book a pretty solid indie card with all of the people who've been #metoo'd, paedos, abusers and Q guys that have ruined their career in the last year or two

MrMrs

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on May 20, 2021, 06:16:23 PM
The Dark Side of the Ring episode will have come and gone by the time I finish that.

Ric Flair better enjoy his national treasure status while he still has it. Got a feeling there's a cancelling coming from this one.

are you in a rush

it'll be far more in depth and interesting that dark side of the ring

I'm watching all Dark Side actually. the benoit one was hard but the rest are pretty good

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on May 20, 2021, 10:28:09 PM
Had Shawn Michaels and John Cena heralding him as the next big thing. A proper talent that seemed like a true future main eventer. Too bad he couldn't stop being a fucking pervert.

Probably one of the worst things that could have happened to him, gave him a massivley overinflated ego. And when people think their shit doesn't stink, they think they can get away with anything.