Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 02:28:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tell me about dreams you have had recently

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 08, 2021, 10:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Is anyone else having more vivid and detailed dreams during lockdown? Last night I dreamt I moved to Hong Kong (although it was dream Hong Kong not real Hong Kong) and really enjoyed it. I met a woman in a shopping centre who I started hanging out with. We drove alone and I saw two Oxfams and two independent bookshops with a UK-style design. For some reason I was having a wash in an empty group shower room with a lockable door.

I woke up and then had another dream where I was speaking at the Labour Party Conference, which was in a lecture theatre style room. I wore a red baseball cap with "Corbyn" on as did a few other people and we were surrounded by people wearing red baseball caps with "Starmer" on them. I also got to meet Corbyn and we had a very brief conversation where he signed my book.

What dreams have you had recently? And do you have any recurring dreams?

I often dream about going back to Brighton but it is dream Brighton where I have overlong and weird train journeys. Sometimes dream about staying in luxury hotels which are quite empty and I am able to explore them.

JaDanketies

This has only happened once in my life but it was pretty recent:

I remember my girlfriend's face looking at me in a contortion of rage and horror, the fire alarms were going off. I was unsure if my son was safe. I'd left the oven on and caused a disaster.

And I woke up out of bed with a jump, shouting "shit!" and waking up my girlfriend, and then I had to go downstairs and check that the oven was turned off.  It was.

Buelligan

I had a good one the other night, just walking down these moonlit paths in a forest, it wasn't dark, crepuscular really.  Anyway, saw loads of lovely interesting plants but then noticed a large, lovely, soft-winged bat, almost flopping and rolling in the tops of the silky flowering grass.  I stared at it hard and it behaved more like an octopus, swaying and rolling in those fronds as if underwater.  I felt happy, watching it.  It was extremely stylised, exactly like a Chinese painting of a bat and it had eight regularly spaced, soft, dusty, spots of whitish silver, on its wings and body, making it look very mothish.  That was the whole beautiful thing really.

buttgammon

I recently dreamt I had a fight with a panther in my dead grandmother's house. It kept scratching me and I tried to strangle it. We somehow ended up tussling in the basement of a department store, which had loads of electronic goods on display as well as fully plumbed display models of toilets that were for sale. I managed to seriously compress it around the throat and it started choking out. As this happened, it started shrinking rapidly, until it popped out of my hands and turned into a little slimy turd-like object. I threw it in one of the toilets and flushed; it disintegrated as it swirled round the bowl.

flotemysost

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 08, 2021, 10:37:03 AM
Sometimes dream about staying in luxury hotels which are quite empty and I am able to explore them.

For some reason loads of my lockdown dreams have taken place in massive labyrinthine dilapidated hotels or houses, there are always other people there though. Last night it was in my own flat but a bigger version, it had a really luxurious foyer area (it definitely doesn't in real life, just a dogshit hallway full of tins of congealed paint and unopened bills) and there were various doors where it was a gamble whether you'd end up back in your own room or not.

I've mentioned it on here before I think, but this book

which I found in a charity shop years ago, has the most hilarious Freudian theories about common nocturnal meanderings - one case study I remember was a man who dreamed of walking down a narrow alleyway between two houses, which obviously meant he wanted to bum his wife. Dread to think what the above dream says about me.

Bernice

Levitating horse last night. A beautiful beast.

Had to solve a child's murder last week. Heavy going.

A few days ago I dreamt I was lying in bed crying over my relationship that ended 8 months ago. Just filled with grief and regret and loss and all those other things I thought I'd worked through. Checked my little sleep app in the morning and I had indeed been sleep-weeping. Realised it was her birthday. Lockdown does strange things to a man.

flotemysost

Quote from: Bernice on March 08, 2021, 11:25:35 AM
A few days ago I dreamt I was lying in bed crying over my relationship that ended 8 months ago. Just filled with grief and regret and loss and all those other things I thought I'd worked through. Checked my little sleep app in the morning and I had indeed been sleep-weeping. Realised it was her birthday. Lockdown does strange things to a man.

Aww man, hope you're feeling OK. What is the sleep app, if you don't mind me asking, and how does it know this stuff? I've definitely been feeling the full gamut of emotions in my dreams lately (as a lot of us have I'm sure), it'd be interesting and perhaps somewhat comforting/validating to see it recorded.

Bernice

Quote from: flotemysost on March 08, 2021, 11:30:33 AM
Aww man, hope you're feeling OK. What is the sleep app, if you don't mind me asking, and how does it know this stuff? I've definitely been feeling the full gamut of emotions in my dreams lately (as a lot of us have I'm sure), it'd be interesting and perhaps somewhat comforting/validating to see it recorded.

Yeah I'm okay, thanks. Quite odd, though, having the subconscious so unambiguously thrust something up in your face and say "oi, cunt, you're just burying this." On balance probably not a bad thing either.

I'm using one called Sleep Cycle for my android - have to subscribe to get certain features but you can try a 7-day free trial to see if you want to bother. I think there are quite a few available, they're all broadly similar.

Marner and Me

Two recent ones, I was having a conversation with someone about Maradonas warm up video, to find they'd not seen it. Went on Youtube to find it and they'd taken it down.

Last nights my ps4 controller internally combusted

The Mollusk

Dreamed I done a shit. Woke up and I'd done a shit for real. Mad how the mind works.

seepage

A goat followed me home from a works do. It turned out to be a very unruly goat so I 'phoned a goat behaviour company. Two shape-shifting goat people turned up but they did sort out the goat.   

Marner and Me

Quote from: The Mollusk on March 08, 2021, 01:38:27 PM
Dreamed I done a shit. Woke up and I'd done a shit for real. Mad how the mind works.
I've had the not breathing dream, then in reality I woke up because I'd stopped breathing. Twice in one night.

Midas

I've always had vivid dreams. I sometimes forget dreams after waking but when I'm drifting off in a hypnagogic state I can 'see' different places in my mind's eye that I've dreamt about over the years - usually desolate roadsides and enormous beaches. A recurring dream I've had since childhood is one where I'm trapped on the rocks by the sea after the tide has come in, wondering how I'll get back to shore.

Also, a few weeks ago I dreamt I tried to use my arse as a defibrillator to save someone who had just keeled over. Pointlessly squatting up and down and screaming for help for what felt like an eternity (all to no avail). Fuck knows what that was all about.

turnstyle

Had a dream that my mate Simon led me to a serial killer's lair where I was horrifically killed.

To be fair that is so like Simon.

Thomas

I've woken from nightmares with a cartoonish gasp twice recently. In the first I was an archaeologist, being buried alive by a rival.

In the second, I was sinking to the bottom of a swimming pool, dimly aware that somebody was splashing about trying to save me. I could feel myself peacefully inhaling water, and I was conscious of all my senses fading to pinpoint blackness - at which second I woke up with a cartoonish gasp.

steve98

Dreamed I was to go on The Voice and Tom Jones was mentoring me. Before my slot we ate pork chops and got meaty bits twixt our teeth. Tom advised me to use crisps to scrape/floss the bits out; but the crisps kept breaking and had no effect. So I had to go onstage with a mouthful of pork bits; and the judges were all grimacing in disgust.

hamfist

Sertraline has made my dreams a bit whackier than previously.

I dreamed the other night that tractor drivers have started drifting round corners because it's more efficient. This was particularly popular in Mexico and Brazil, and I was driving down a Mexican motorway as tractors drifted from lane to lane and round the corners in front of me and all around.

Last night I dreamed a family I know quite well were sharing an exit row on an aircraft. I was 2-3 rows behind them. Suddenly the overwing exit door blew out and there was a complete panic. After, I was somehow sitting in a row near the front, and they were behind and my friend's wife was screaming. I didn't dare look round but I knew her (adult) son had been sucked out the exit. Their son is a pilot in real life.

JamesTC

Had a dream that I was running my normal route and then half way in, my path was blocked by a large group of borzois. They were friendly, there were just loads of them. I thought to myself that it couldn't be a dream as I could feel the strain in my legs. Then I managed to get past them and started to see Japanese lettering everywhere.

My own fault for watching Japanese borzoi videos before I go to sleep.

holyzombiejesus

This weekend I dreamed that one of the Beastie Boys had died and my friend (who is a strange looking little man who wears size 4 shoes) went to pay his respects to the widow (who lived in Stretford) but Donny Wahlberg turned up and threatened him. DW said if my friend didn't fuck off and stop bothering the widow, he would fucking batter him. Stupidly, my friend hid round the corner and went back to the widow's house as soon as Wahlberg drove away. The widow let him in but almost as soon as he was in the house, DW showed up, incandescent with rage. He made a play-pen style'prison' with stair-gates, plonked my small friend in the middle of it and basically ridiculed and demeaned him for ages.

markburgle

Dreaming music is interesting to me. It's very rare to be able to bring any back, but last night I was watching a gig in my dream, though to myself "this is a good tune, I should make a note of it", woke up, and did. That's never happened before, sort of seemed to suddenly snap myself out of it in the middle.

non capisco

Quote from: markburgle on March 08, 2021, 10:26:25 PM
Dreaming music is interesting to me. It's very rare to be able to bring any back, but last night I was watching a gig in my dream, though to myself "this is a good tune, I should make a note of it", woke up, and did. That's never happened before, sort of seemed to suddenly snap myself out of it in the middle.

Was just about to post about this phenomenon. My mate often speaks of a dream he had where he finds an amazing 70s soul LP called "Dynamique!" by Eddie Laughter in a charity shop, I think part of him has been genuinely melancholy ever since about the fact that neither Eddie Laughter or his apparent masterpiece "Dynamique!" actually exist.

My one of this is listening to a concept album Stevie Wonder recorded called "Stevie Wonder's Dinner Party", found for sale in a video rental shop in Longfield, Kent. Then later in the dream some policemen force their way into the house and smash it up and next day the video shop has burned down. You're not supposed to know about 'Stevie Wonder's Dinner Party'. It's his version of Spunk magazine issue 3 from the Red Riding books.

markburgle

Quote from: non capisco on March 08, 2021, 10:35:50 PM
Was just about to post about this phenomenon. My mate often speaks of a dream he had where he finds an amazing 70s soul LP called "Dynamique!" by Eddie Laughter in a charity shop, I think part of him has been genuinely melancholy ever since about the fact that neither Eddie Laughter or his apparent masterpiece "Dynamique!" actually exist.

My one of this is listening to a concept album Stevie Wonder recorded called "Stevie Wonder's Dinner Party", found for sale in a video rental shop in Longfield, Kent. Then later in the dream some policemen force their way into the house and smash it up and next day the video shop has burned down. You're not supposed to know about 'Stevie Wonder's Dinner Party'. It's his version of Spunk magazine issue 3 from the Red Riding books.

I've had a recurring dream about a 00's Fall album that doesn't exist, which was one of those part-studio, part-live things. Cos it's not a full album, dream-me has never got round to buying it and keeps forgetting to. That's always a nice dream cos I get to have the feeling that there's still some Fall music left that's new to me.

touchingcloth

Bence Fekete

Given up the cannabis recently so the dreams are back on tap.

Second night, first dream:

I'm in a busy shopping centre. The shopping centre is full, crammed with beautiful women I've known throughout my life, just whizzing past everywhere. Suddenly, there's an announcement on the tannoy:

'You can have anyone you like'

It was my own voice, and at that point I realised I was in a lucid dream. And better than that, it was a lucid sex dream. So, anyway, I reach and grab this girl I like by the hand, and she stops, smiles at me and we start making our way to the toilets because I'm a class act. There's still all these incredible women walking past and my heart and libido are on fire with the possibilities, and then... all of a sudden....before we even reached the toilets... I came in my pants.

The alacrity woke me up from the dream instantly and I discovered a rare wet dream event had indeed occurred. My cat looked happy too.

I've had maybe 5 WDs my whole life. It was one of those special ones ok.

Rizla

The only one I remember recently involved miniature men with truncated limbs that were like burnt ends of roast beef, hovering around in a deserted bookshop on little flying saucers made out of 1950's electric fans. One of them looked just like the Shah of Iran.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: JamesTC on March 08, 2021, 10:17:15 PM
Had a dream that I was running my normal route and then half way in, my path was blocked by a large group of borzois. They were friendly, there were just loads of them. I thought to myself that it couldn't be a dream as I could feel the strain in my legs. Then I managed to get past them and started to see Japanese lettering everywhere.

My own fault for watching Japanese borzoi videos before I go to sleep.

They appear to be mostly bred for blocking the way

Inspector Norse

Dreamt last night that Europe had been rearranged and Belgium now had a coastline on the Black Sea.

Buelligan

Quote from: markburgle on March 08, 2021, 10:26:25 PM

Ages ago, I dreamt about a piece of music, I could see it, as well as hear it.  It was made of Fibonacci numbers.  The idea was that ONE started with a kettle drum or something and it just said ONE repeatedly, with the incredibly slow timing of ONE, continuing for many bars alone.  Then ONE again, but a violin, very tentative, quite sad, same timing obvs but along side, TWO followed eventually, a viola but this time very slightly faster repeats.  THREE a sinuous cello, it's phrase of THREE building and repeating a little faster.  FIVE now, another cello, followed by EIGHT an oboe and so on and on, each phrase repeating and repeating, layering and building into an enormous tapestry of sound and then utter silence and then the kettle drum.  Just once more.  I thought, I'd be able to keep it in my head but it's faded already. 

The Mollusk

Dreamt I was a shit comin out an anuus. Woke up hurtling down a water slide into a huge vat of piss. Really makes you think

Norton Canes

Having powerful sexual intercourse with [name of celebrity redacted] but up on a high shelf there was a replica galleon made of a thousand matchsticks and as the room shook it moved closer and closer to the edge of the shelf until it was about to fall off