Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,549,361
  • Total Topics: 106,172
  • Online Today: 659
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 02:58:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tell me about dreams you have had recently

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 08, 2021, 10:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

I keep dreaming I have finished my A-Levels (as in real life) but still have to go to school. Last night was one of the times I dreamt this, and I was also dreaming I was late for school and kept looking at the time. I was walking through a field and some water was flowing towards me (I think this probably came from watching The Stuff where loads of The Stuff kept flowing towards people) and I had to run to the side away from it, making me even later for school.

Bence Fekete

Anyone else notice weird dream stuff crop up during family crises?

Had a weird dream about some crocodiles on a riverbank a few months back, turns out that at that exact same moment in time and space my dad had fallen over a stream while out birdwatching and cracked four ribs, requiring urgent medical assistance. The two events are synonymous in my mind. 'This is the voice of your son. You are twat get help'

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

My dreams are all too boring to list here but I've noticed lately that if I have a particularly coherent dream it usually means the alarm has half-woken me but I've then fallen back asleep.

JamesTC

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 09, 2021, 09:33:28 AM
I keep dreaming I have finished my A-Levels (as in real life) but still have to go to school. Last night was one of the times I dreamt this, and I was also dreaming I was late for school and kept looking at the time. I was walking through a field and some water was flowing towards me (I think this probably came from watching The Stuff where loads of The Stuff kept flowing towards people) and I had to run to the side away from it, making me even later for school.

I regularly have back to school dreams. I've even long stopped having back to university dreams but I still have the school dreams. I regularly go past where my High School used to be before it was knocked down a decade ago, so I think that might be why it is in my head.

Three recent back to school dreams:

• I am back in school in the yard ready to go in, but I am confused as to why I need to be in school when we are all adults. I wonder to myself if I still have a job that I can go back to and if I should phone them to explain.
  • My school is now The Strand Shopping Centre. All of the students are actually people I've worked with. I am walking with a woman I used to work with, but we realise it is PE so we have different classes. I look on her diary and point out that her PE class is somehow in-between two levels in the kind of weird logic that only works in dreams. I then go outside to the taxi rank where my PE class is.
  • My school is now much bigger and has a university style campus. I realise it is PE but the old Sports Hall is cordoned off due to Covid. I then realise the class is in the huge new field. The PE teachers are now huge imposing figures that tower over everybody, but they are really nice to talk to.

Kelvin

I genuinely dreamt about CaB's own Ron a few weeks ago.

For reason's that made sense in the dream, I was on some sort of school trip with CaB and we were staying in a hotel overnight. When I came downstairs into the big conference room to see everyone, I discovered that it was deserted, everyone else had already gone to bed, but that by some bizarre quirk of fate, Ron had been staying at the same hotel, and had been treated like a superstar by the CaB Massive for the last few hours. He was now sat by himself at a table looking incredibly happy and contented.

I dread to imagine what his hotel bill looked like.

NurseNugent

I have a recurring dream about about being in a hotel and it's on fire, though the other night it was my work building that was on fire. I managed to get out safely but was then knocked down by a lorry.

JamesTC

Quote from: Kelvin on March 09, 2021, 05:41:31 PM

I dread to imagine what his hotel bill looked like.

He'd threaten to call the papers if they asked him to pay it.

Sherringford Hovis

Quote from: Sherringford Hovis on December 28, 2020, 02:24:26 AM
Three to six times a year I get an 'Inner Light' type dream where I wake up with a vivid accumulation of years of memories from an entire other life and a massive, all-pervading sense of loss that can take days to dissipate.

My tenuous grip on reality diminishes with every passing year.

My most recent one a few weeks ago is very difficult to describe - recall the way in which steampunk imagines clunky ur-technology combined with a Victoriana/Edwardian aesthetic? Well, kinda that, but in Bronze/Iron Age times - a bit Disenchantment, a bit The Shire but with Holy Grail Python-peasant cakes of dung-filth festooning just about everything.

The dream started faded into my apprenticeship in a wheelwright/cooper/blacksmith type place aged about 7 or 8 with the blessing of my doting but hayseed subsistence-farmer parents and grew into an astonishingly intricate and immersive life based around my burgeoning mastery of political and practical machinations surrounding supply of durable materials, ingenious contraptions and animal motive power for various opposing tribal and town-state factions. Maintaining my position as independent techno-savant required careful planned obsolescence (such as falsely maintaining my clients' dependence on laboriously produced wooden gears and armatures while keeping my ability to produce their metal equivalents strictly under wraps) and building in an Order 66 to any trained oxen, donkeys and turnspit-type dogs I supplied so that a blast from my sacred noisepipe (somewhere between a Viking lur and a crumhorn) would stop them in their tracks should any of my customers be so foolish as to use my supplies in a way unapproved by me.

A deal for some improved navigational equipment with some seafaring trader-brigands managed to secure me a baby rhinoceros (carving accurate compass gyroscope parts from bone took my middle daughter months and her frustration that we could have cast them in an afternoon almost led to her fleeing with her tools to set up her own rival work-forge, but a complicated situation concerning rust, seawater, calculation of leap years and some other 'escaped' technology - spun hemp bow-strings with whipped loops rather than twisted and knotted increasing power, range and accuracy of asymmetrical longbows - leading to the death of her betrothed's father brought her back to my way of thinking); after growing up with a rhino best-friend my youngest son's quest for a mate for his mighty steed and unmatched source of treadmill lathe-torque took him beyond the borders of our known world and he did not return in my lifetime. His non-return broke the heart of my second wife (my first wife, the daughter of my apprenticeship-master having died giving birth to my firstborn son) and her descent was harrowing, leaving me alone days before the birth of our first grandchild. The details faded almost immediately on waking but I probably died/woke up in maybe my mid-Fifties while trying to amass more understanding of "the old ways" before they passed from the minds of men: (herbalism, scrying, magic - earth magic like crop rejuvenation through weather control rather than spell-casting fire-bolts and such).

During the dream, I had a personality and intellect entirely constructed within it - nothing remained of the 21st Century misanthropic twat Sherringford. Most - if not all - of the knowledge that I applied to my work already existed in-dreamworld, rather than me being any kind of Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court-type genius anachronistic engineer: it was much more my powers of observation, evolution of existing tech and - above all - social skills that were employed.
All of this in several non-English languages - although I probably never journeyed more than 60 or 70 miles radius from my birthplace, being fluent in two or three languages was the norm among anyone above dung-peasant level, and being able to make oneself understood very basically in another two or three often meant the difference between being offered a hot handful of partly sanitary venison or a proper Iron Age kick in the plums.

I could spend the rest of my life writing about my adventures in just one of these mega-dreams I get. On this occasion, I burst into tears when taking my reveille piss - proper ugly crying, heaving sobs. In the three weeks since this dream, I get reminded about it maybe three to five times a day - more if I'm doing something physical like use a saw or dragging something heavy about. If offered the chance to pick there or here? I couldn't honestly choose, I'd have to toss a coin.

Fambo Number Mive

Last night I dreamt I was in a hotel room with Rene and Michelle from Allo Allo (not Waxwork Rene). There was a bucket full of urine and I had got urine all over some of my jeans and was trying to work out what to do. Rene suggested I put them in rubbish bags before putting them in my very full suitcase. Also dreamt I had loads of people I knew staying and was asking my former landlady a question about something I was thinking about at 1am (she was already awake). And then I woke up needing a wee, perhaps that's where all the dreaming about urine came from.

Pingers

I wasn't going to post in here, on the basis that one's own dreams are generally not of interest to others, but I still can't get over last night's offering. I dreamed I was at my sister's place and needed a piss (I needed a piss IRL, so it was one of those 'where can I piss?' dreams). I went to her toilet, only to find that she had made a sculpture, seemingly out of some pale wax, of herself, naked, squatting halfway to being sat on the toilet. The positioning of this disturbing DIY statue was such that I had to launch my piss into the toilet from the side, while trying not to acknowledge the reality of a naked sculpture of my 58 year old sister mere inches to my left. Not one of my more palatable efforts, and I dread to think what old Sigmund would have to say about it.

Dusty Substance

Here's a weird thing - The other night, I dreamt that I'd watched all of the Jodie Whittaker era Doctor Who and went on to declare that she is second only to Tom Baker as the best iteration of the doctor. In real life, I honestly couldn't care less about new Doctor Who.

For further context, I have a very casual fondness of old Who, never really watched it at the time (Peter Davison was my very earliest Who memory), and only got into the classic episodes through watching them on VHS, getting stoned with mates in the late 90s. 

As for new Who, I've seen maybe three Eccelstone eps, two each of Tennant and Smith, but not a single Capaldi or Whittaker episode (I did watch the one with John Hurt, but that's because I'm a John Hurt completist). It's not something I ever think about.

So, I have absolutely no idea where this dream came from. It wasn't until later on in the morning after my dream when I happened across a mention of Dr. Who on Twitter that my dream came flooding back.

Any ideas? Some sort of Freudian interpretation of the TARDIS?

Ray Travez

Standard anxiety stuff;

I'm in an aeroplane to London from Spain. To save money due to covid restrictions or something, the pilot decides to land the plane inside the airport building. As it comes down, I realise he's landing it in the departure lounge. The wall of the lounge zooms towards us and it's obvious we're going to go through it. What the Fuck. The plane blasts through the wall, the roof catches fire, and we're careering down a motorway. I take control; I punch some of the windows out of the plane which dissipates the heat that is building up, saving everyone's lives. The plane stops. A quick announcement from the pilot, and everyone grabs their boarding pass and passport.

I bump into a woman I know from online years ago. We catch up quickly. She says that she has nowhere to stay, so can she bunk at my place for a night? I say sure. Everyone exits the plane, and I go to look for my passport and boarding pass, but they are either lost in the melee, or someone has nicked them while I was saving their lives. I have to spend three days in a holding cell at passport control, while they verify my details. Me, the hero of the hour! Eventually, they let me go.

I get back to my flat, and the woman I knew from online is still there. Essentially, she's moved in and I'm going to be sharing with her from now on. I decide to deal with this later and instead go to a table-top sale I've been looking forward to. I don't know the buses around London, get lost and eventually arrive there just as everyone's packing up. Stall after stall loading their goods into their cars as I go round... and so on...

flotemysost

Quote from: Kelvin on March 09, 2021, 05:41:31 PM
For reason's that made sense in the dream, I was on some sort of school trip with CaB and we were staying in a hotel overnight. When I came downstairs into the big conference room to see everyone, I discovered that it was deserted, everyone else had already gone to bed, but that by some bizarre quirk of fate, Ron had been staying at the same hotel, and had been treated like a superstar by the CaB Massive for the last few hours. He was now sat by himself at a table looking incredibly happy and contented.

Hopefully it's a premonition. Sounds idyllic.

Quote from: flotemysost on March 08, 2021, 11:19:50 AM

All the main types of dream are neatly represented on that cover graphic: regression to childhood, mysterious silhouetted cyclists, woman flashing a bit of cleavage, clock with no hands.

What can the enigmatic arrows mean, though?

flotemysost

Fambo Number Mive

Jenna Fisher and John Krasinski (Jim and Pam from the US Office) were in my dream last night a lot. I was in an attic room where John was part of several people having dinner, and later I was discussing things with Jenna and John. I also had a CV review in my dream where the person reviewing my CV was angry as there were random images in it that I'd pasted in.

I had a dream which was so boring it actually woke me up.  It was about carpet underlay. 

Dr Rock

I dreamt I won the world cup. I don't even like football. Anyway England were 4 -1 down at half time, to some eastern european country that doesn't exist, called Tippereria or something. In the second half I scored four goals so we won 5-4. Everyone thought I was great.

Quote from: flotemysost on March 08, 2021, 11:19:50 AM
I've mentioned it on here before I think, but this book
which I found in a charity shop years ago, has the most hilarious Freudian theories about common nocturnal meanderings - one case study I remember was a man who dreamed of walking down a narrow alleyway between two houses, which obviously meant he wanted to bum his wife. Dread to think what the above dream says about me.
That's one of Sigmund's own examples, from the Interpretation of Dreams.
The thing is, put like that, it doesn't really seem that bad, it might even be a bit plausible. It's a possible interpretation of the image.
What was absolutely terrible about Freud was the way the interpretation exists as part of therapy:

The patient comes to you for treatment, he's presumably feeling quite vulnerable and anxious.
You get him to open up a bit and talk freely, then raise the topic of dreams.
You then, speaking with the authority of a doctor, claim that there is a sexual hidden meaning.
The patient is inevitably embarrassed, scared, confused.
Even today, where we can talk about sex somewhat freely, we would be unnerved by a strange authority figure claiming to know our desires.
And, the patient now feels you've got information on him.
He has no choice but to come back next week and give you more money.
Freud was a bastard!

seepage

Last night I was sitting at a kitchen table with a Lynn Benfield-alike at right angles to me, both doing unpaid clerical work on PCs [how did I know it was unpaid?]. Lynn was getting more and more annoyed because the wallpaper behind her was peeling off on top of her and she kept having to turn around to stick it back on the wall.

Hal Incandenza

The subject matter of my dreams is usually between the boring, mundane, or anxiety-inducing. But it is all saved by the beautiful architecture and interior design my dreams can conjure up. Depresses me that I know fuck all about the field and couldn't ever action some of these ideas. Part of me wants to learn how to 3D model.

garbed_attic

I dreamt that the crease on the cover of my Mark Fisher collection was worse than it already is.

Non Stop Dancer

Had a CaB related one last night. I went up to NoSleep and suggested we both share our drum sample library with each other, which I thought was an easy win for both parties, but he wasn't having any of it.

Buelligan

Had a lovely dream, visited a garage with two women and a baby (all of whom seemed very nice).  Inside, there were lots of friendly people, someone explained something to do with moulding something, I found a wonderful vintage bike under a cover, the people played us a song and we danced, then we left, it was getting dark, the stars were coming out and we danced out to our car singing Did we have a nice day? Yes, we had a nice day, it was such a nice day, oh we had a nice day, mmm, we had a nice day, such a lovely nice day, just a really nice day, really was a nice day, we all had a nice daa-aay...together! and the baby was laughing and laughing.  10/10 Would dream again.

hamfist

Done a shagging dream last night

The night before I was on the london underground but the trains were tiny steam trains. I was driving one by standing on a platform sticking out of the front of the tiny loco. It was towing a skateboard and I rode the skateboard sometimes too. We arrived at a big office building to do a clearance, and I kept finding piles of computer keyboards still in their boxes inside of people's lockers.

I am not falling for this.

I tell you a dream and what will you do... psychoanalyse me?

And then what... send your findings on to the authorities?

And the next thing I know I am dragged into the back of a van and 'disappeared'? Get real.

Plus my 'dreams' often involve me getting chased by a would-be-murderer[nb]to be absolutely fair, i don't think i've ever been caught; for all i know he might just want to lend me a book. but if that's the case - WHY DOES HE LOOK SO FUCKING SINISTER? oh god! i promised i wouldn't let this rem harasser get to me. thanks a lot, cookdandbombd. you have really enabled these hallucinatory dickheads to re-triggerise me in daylight!!![/nb]. I guess you'd call that a nightmare. Thanks, trauma.

bgmnts

Yeah I was chased in my dreams last night by a group of people trying to kill me.

I was also raped and molested in a dream a few nights ago which was genuinely uncomfortable. Not a fan of my dreams sometimes.