Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:37:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Kill Bill

Started by king mob, February 28, 2004, 12:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

king mob

Volume 2 is out soon & a rather nice poster is out

The Japanese version of Vol 1 is out soon with XXXXtra gore & death, a must for any smart puppy.

Bill Oddie

Was I really the only person who thought the first film was a load of old donkey todgers?

I know it's meant to be a single film split into two parts or something so I'll reserve judgement for now, but the second one's going to have to be very good to rescue the whole thing.

butnut

Quote from: "Bill Oddie"Was I really the only person who thought the first film was a load of old donkey todgers?

I know it's meant to be a single film split into two parts or something so I'll reserve judgement for now, but the second one's going to have to be very good to rescue the whole thing.

Mark Kermode hated it.

I thought it was kind of alright, but, as you said, let's see what the 2nd one's like before passing judgement.

I also can't believe how long the poor Japs have to wait for films. That's why they have to resort to making all those fucked-up horror films themselves.

Pythov

Thanks for the reminder.

I know that alot of people didn't enjoy the first part, and I can understand that they were expecting the Quinten they were used to, but...

I don't care about those people, I just wanted a gore fest, with swords and shakey dialogue.

Looking forward to it.

Bill Oddie

Quote from: "butnut"

Mark Kermode hated it.

As a side note, did anyone hear his review of Sex Lives of the Potato Men the other day?

It's things like that that make him my favourite listening-to radio man*.

*These overhead power lines do wonders for your brain working.

butnut

Quote from: "Bill Oddie"
Quote from: "butnut"

Mark Kermode hated it.

As a side note, did anyone hear his review of Sex Lives of the Potato Men the other day?

It's things like that that make him my favourite listening-to radio man*.

*These overhead power lines do wonders for your brain working.

No, annoyingly I missed that. They were talking about it today though, so memorable was it. It might still be on listen again, I'll go and check. He's great, and the only critic I agree with 90% of the time.

EDIT - arse, they've only got today's on now.

king mob

See the Japanese version of Volume 1, its fantastic & everything you wanted but the censors would never allow over here.

king mob

Theres also a crossover in the Tarantino universe with From Dusk Til Dawn that isn't the Sheriff in part one in part two which is a nice fanboy rumour.

Rats

I thought it was class, I want Uma Thurman and some chocolate sauce.

Rev

Quote from: "king mob"See the Japanese version of Volume 1, its fantastic & everything you wanted but the censors would never allow over here.

Wha?  I thought the only difference was that the big fight sequence is in colour throughout, rather than changing to black & white for a stretch.  Which is a jokey reference to 70s censorship, rather than something that was monkeyed with in the present day.  Is there other stuff in it?

I wasn't too keen on the first part either, but from what I remember of the script that every bugger digested a couple of years ago, the second half should be much better.

king mob

Quote from: "Rats"I thought it was class, I want Uma Thurman and some chocolate sauce.

Quite, if you want a Jap version let me know

king mob

Quote from: "Rev"
Quote from: "king mob"See the Japanese version of Volume 1, its fantastic & everything you wanted but the censors would never allow over here.

Wha?  I thought the only difference was that the big fight sequence is in colour throughout, rather than changing to black & white for a stretch.  Which is a jokey reference to 70s censorship, rather than something that was monkeyed with in the present day.  Is there other stuff in it?

I wasn't too keen on the first part either, but from what I remember of the script that every bugger digested a couple of years ago, the second half should be much better.

Theres loads more in it,(about 4 minutesish) theres also lots more througout the film here and there but the main extra bits is the gore & violence,there will be a E.U release but if its  as hardcore as the Japanese version remains unlikely.

Mr Flunchy

See also

and a few, less good ones here:

http://www.impawards.com/2004/kill_bill_vol_two_ver5.html

Impawards presumably being non-linking bastards

Rats

Quote from: "king mob"Quite, if you want a Jap version let me know

A Jap version of Uma Thurman? That's insane man, no one could endure that level of trouser adjusting. You're mad, mad I tells you, it just can't be done.

king mob

Quote from: "Rats"
Quote from: "king mob"Quite, if you want a Jap version let me know

A Jap version of Uma Thurman? That's insane man, no one could endure that level of trouser adjusting. You're mad, mad I tells you, it just can't be done.

Imagine having a slitty eyed blow job...

Rats

I'm way ahead of you. She's chopped up in a suitcase in my loft already.

king mob

You need to eat lots if you want the Japanese version

wasp_f15ting

Look at what the japanese bastards get for £30 !!

QuoteKill Bill: Volume One collector's package. This nifty set will be available to own from the 16th April and should retail at around 7,500 Yen or thereabouts. So why would you want it? Well, for starters the Japanese cut of the film is a little different to the one that arrived on the US and UK shores. It offers a complete uncut version of the film, with many of the more violent scenes reinstated or altered slightly. The collector's set will also include a 1/10 scale sword, a bride doll figurine, a t-shirt and a collector's booklet. The film itself will include both English DTS 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks. Extras will include two brief making-of featurettes. We've attached a few shots of the contents below:

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?c=3358&s=1

See that ? A nice crisp clean DTS Soundtrack, whilst we get handed the shitty DD5.1 cunts.. I have asked if HMV.co.jp to see if they have any left in their stores, but i doubt it :( Meh Meh..All of them on most sites have been pre-ordered.

Papercut

Quote from: "Rev"I thought the only difference was that the big fight sequence is in colour throughout, rather than changing to black & white for a stretch.  Which is a jokey reference to 70s censorship, rather than something that was monkeyed with in the present day.
More a reference to b&w 60s Japanese Samurai flicks, and a clever way to sidestep possible censorship problems had that sequence been in color in the western version.

I'd heard there was closer to 2 mins extra material in the jpn version of Kill Bill vol 1, but either way, as well as the color crazy 88 fight sequence, there are extended and gorier scenes throughout the jpn cut of the film. In particular, theres more gore to the animated sequence.

The jpn DVD is released on the same day Vol 2 comes out in the cinema, and there is a glorious looking Premium Box edition of it:

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?c=3358

*edit* ah, already posted. I managed to order before hmv.co.jp ran out of stock *smug*

king mob

Theres loads of sites you can get the Jap version from, www.dvdworldusa.com is a good start

Papercut

I was talking about the box set, rather than the normal edition.

Rats

Don't worry, I think he's pissed. He'll wake up tommorow rubbing his head thinking that he posted the phrase "slitty blowjob" on the internet.

king mob

Thats cool, both should be found from the link i gave, theres loads more links but i am drunk so hey ho.

king mob

Quote from: "Rats"Don't worry, I think he's pissed. He'll wake up tommorow rubbing his head thinking that he posted the phrase "slitty blowjob" on the internet.

And what is wrong with a slityy blow job?

Papercut

if so, I've wasted about £20 :-P

I couldn't find either at that link tho.

Rats

QuoteThe Bride continues her vengeance quest against her ex-boss, Bill, and his associates.

Now that's what I call a plot.

king mob

Quote from: "Rats"
QuoteThe Bride continues her vengeance quest against her ex-boss, Bill, and his associates.

Now that's what I call a plot.

She throws a wappy as she fails to win a 1972 Wombles annual off eBay is the plot for volume 3

Rats

Ooh, controversial

king mob

Hairy Chin

As long as the Jap version has an English soundtrack, I'll be scouring the interweb (okay, maybe not scouring - just following KM's links) when I get home - because the pissy proxy at work has blocked the link KM posted earlier.