Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:28:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

More info about GB News shows.

Started by Sebastian Cobb, March 10, 2021, 06:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Oscar Bluth II

https://twitter.com/MichaelLCrick/status/1404561240786145283

Thank god we're hearing from Times and Spectator columnist Rod Liddle, who has been silenced for too long

Kelvin

Quote from: pigamus on June 14, 2021, 10:45:52 PM
When has the advice "Just ignore it/him/them" ever been followed? By anybody? I mean I'm no great fan of Shoulders but he always points this out

It doesn't. But I think it bears saying at least once anyway, as it's true. It's also not an either / or situation. Some people might take it on board, others wont. But it's a cumulative effect.

George Oscar Bluth II

I mean they're not even pretending it's good are they. Owning the libs doesn't have to be good.

idunnosomename

god Dan Wootton is just a really nasty cunt isn't he. just basically the bully's best mate

pigamus

Really fucking depressing seeing Gloria De Piero there

Rev+

Quote from: GBNewsWe are not a rolling news channel, nor will we be providing conventional news bulletins.

Sort of like you're not a news channel at all, isn't it?  So it's not even that.

This doesn't even have the breadth of content that Kelsey Grammer's doomed channel had.  The channel won't last until Christmas, but what'll be interesting is seeing how quickly the presenters disappear like popped pimples.  Some of them won't last a month, most of them will be gone in two when they realise how career-fucking appearing on this shitshow is.

Kankurette

How many heads are going to explode at those two black women?

koeman

Quote from: pigamus on June 15, 2021, 12:10:44 AM
Really fucking depressing seeing Gloria De Piero there

Not surprised at all to be honest. She was my wife's MP and was truly useless.

lgpmachine

Trivia: the 'GB' stands for 'Gor Blimey'

monkfromhavana

Quote from: koeman on June 15, 2021, 03:00:48 AM
Not surprised at all to be honest. She was my wife's MP and was truly useless.

Your wife had her own MP? Talk about gerrymandering.

koeman

Quote from: monkfromhavana on June 15, 2021, 08:16:55 AM

Yeah but it didn't do her much good.

Mind you, Gloria's replacement is Lee Anderson which is much, much worse.

DrGreggles

Quote from: monkfromhavana on June 15, 2021, 08:16:55 AM

Gerry Mandering MP

Paul Calf

Quote from: Bazooka on June 14, 2021, 08:31:05 PM
So he is a piece of shit for doing it, but you don't know what his stuff is like? How do you lot function in the real world?

Yeah. I mean, have you even seen Hitler's paintings?

DrGreggles

sevendaughters

my twitter sidebar has been stuffed with tangentially related GB News items, the easily baited quotetweet "dunk" centrist dads have taken this one as their their new comedy goldmine. am frantically muting everything that appears to be trending off it.

They may take our country, but they'll never take our fereedom.

idunnosomename

Efefefetch the fereedom Granville

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: sevendaughters on June 15, 2021, 10:31:48 AM
my twitter sidebar has been stuffed with tangentially related GB News items, the easily baited quotetweet "dunk" centrist dads have taken this one as their their new comedy goldmine. am frantically muting everything that appears to be trending off it.
Meh I find their smug insistence that the only reliable, trustworthy sources of journalism exist between The Times and The Guardian, and everyone else are tabloid trash or craaaaaaaanks far more pernicious.

Glebe

They should screen that Dogtanian CGI movie. Might boost the ratings!

jobotic

There was a time when the phrase

Quote from: sevendaughters on June 15, 2021, 10:31:48 AM
easily baited quotetweet "dunk" centrist dads

would have been gobbledygook to me.

I miss those times.

Kankurette

Sebastian, have you got any other decent sources besides those two? I'm not being snarky, I'm interested cos it's hard to find news that isn't clickbaity bullshit these days. The Telegraph used to be good but went rapidly down the pan, sports coverage aside.

robhug

Who is Dan Wootton and how has he got a job that involves thinking and talking

sevendaughters

Quote from: robhug on June 15, 2021, 02:02:54 PM

he was the celeb editor at the Sun, the Murdoch Matthew Wright, weird how they go into rabble rousing

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Kankurette on June 15, 2021, 01:35:10 PM
Sebastian, have you got any other decent sources besides those two? I'm not being snarky, I'm interested cos it's hard to find news that isn't clickbaity bullshit these days. The Telegraph used to be good but went rapidly down the pan, sports coverage aside.

I was mostly pointing out the hipocrasy of people allegedly above ideology patting themselves on the back for reading multiple news sources, but cherry-picking sources that all agree how things should be done, and mostly have a difference of opinion over whom should be implementing things.

The FT is much better than I thought it would be, given its main audience. And whilst not news I picked up a Tribune digital trial for a fiver and found the commentary quite good. I've usually relied on social media/forums to do some crowdsourcing of articles rather than sticking to a particular paper though.

Sherman Krank

Quote from: sevendaughters on June 15, 2021, 02:03:41 PM
Quote from: robhug on June 15, 2021, 02:02:54 PM
he was the celeb editor at the Sun, the Murdoch Matthew Wright, weird how they go into rabble rousing
I've been reading the thread assuming it was that bloke who used to be Shirley Ghostman.

sevendaughters

Quote from: Sherman Krank on June 15, 2021, 02:33:38 PM

I've been reading the thread assuming it was that bloke who used to be Shirley Ghostman.

Despite looking similar, they're unrelated. Dan Wootton is a Kiwi too.

Kankurette

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 15, 2021, 02:17:55 PM
I was mostly pointing out the hipocrasy of people allegedly above ideology patting themselves on the back for reading multiple news sources, but cherry-picking sources that all agree how things should be done, and mostly have a difference of opinion over whom should be implementing things.

The FT is much better than I thought it would be, given its main audience. And whilst not news I picked up a Tribune digital trial for a fiver and found the commentary quite good. I've usually relied on social media/forums to do some crowdsourcing of articles rather than sticking to a particular paper though.
Thanks, and I've done the same re crowdsourcing. The Guardian is the mainstream paper I read the most but even then, I'm not too keen.

chveik

al-jazeera and russia today are superior. not joking