Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:43:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

More info about GB News shows.

Started by Sebastian Cobb, March 10, 2021, 06:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Quite concerning this could push the media even further to the right. Cant imagine the Mail or Sun could get much more right wing without making the crossword in the shape of a swastikas or something.

jobotic

When does this horseshit actually start airing?

Mr Banlon

So a news channel with sole purpose of being the news on other news networks. Like someone mentioned earlier, it should just be ignored then.

Kankurette

Quote from: flotemysost on March 10, 2021, 07:58:07 PM
Love how these thick cunts are now using "woke", a term that originated in Black American vernacular from discourse on racism and social inequality, as if it's part of their own hateful vocabulary - a slightly more racist synonym for "PC".

If there's a weather forecast segment I will be highly disappointed if it doesn't incorporate "snowflake" into the name.
Been saying this for ages. It's depressing how white people have turned it into an insult and a badge of shame.

Blue Jam

Quote from: JamesTC on March 10, 2021, 10:42:46 PM
Why does anybody think a channel aimed at people who don't like change will convince a group of people who don't like change to change the channel?

What percentage of the target audience will even know how to retune their channels?

Blue Jam

Also can anyone please explain how this guy got a presenting job at 24?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Harwood

Must have family connections, surely?

Just what the world needs, another university debating society type. A Mini-Milo, great.

bgmnts

QuoteThomas Hedley Fairfax Harwood

Could someone with a name like that NOT be a cunt?

Buelligan

petril

Quote from: JamesTC on March 10, 2021, 10:42:46 PM
Why does anybody think a channel aimed at people who don't like change will convince a group of people who don't like change to change the channel?

They watch BBC One and ITV1. Maybe Channel 4 when the Bake Off is on but they aren't happy about it. They don't even know there are more than four fucking channels.

oh they've never called it ITV1. they think ITV still call it that though and it makes them angry.

they'll watch the generic coverage of people in uniforms at work on Channel 5 now and again too

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: petrilTanaka on March 11, 2021, 08:39:35 PM
oh they've never called it ITV1. they think ITV still call it that though and it makes them angry.

they'll watch the generic coverage of people in uniforms at work on Channel 5 now and again too

Internally, different parts of ITV/STV still use 'channel 3' as an umbrella term, sometimes as the main network feed (as in we're not doing a regional variation) but also in market research terms as the public perceive it as a single entity, which it basically is now ITV PLC shored-up most of the regions and homogenised it.

Non Stop Dancer

idunnosomename

Quote from: Buelligan on March 11, 2021, 08:23:29 PM
He's a vile little Guido cunt.
via the notoriety he got as making it big as a conservative NUS delegate at Durham basically. Darren Grimes is just a little oik compared to this big fish small pond cunt.

really the right need all the young bootlickers they can get

danwho9

wonder if Sargon of Akkad has been offered a job yet...

The Culture Bunker

Thing is, I expect a fair chunk of the people who tune in will do so to get wound up by it. Presumably they'll have call-in shows, and they need calls where someone kicks off so that the presenters have something to react to. Not much long-term future in a channel where everyone is in agreement.

It'd be easy to ignore it, but plenty won't.

jobotic

The problem is that it'll be where government ministers choose to go to be interviewed, probably Labour right-wingers too. So it will be the story.

Blue Jam

There was another thread recently where someone mentioned a mate or relative or acquaintance who had high blood pressure and whose GP suggested, among other things, not listening to talk radio anymore, and apparently it helped.

I remember when the Bants'n'Syoots biog Finding Freedom came out and I read that quote from Bants, supposedly after reading btl comments about his wife: "Why is everyone so angry?"

Talk radio, btl comments, YouTube Comments, Reddit, Twitter and now GB News. Is there going to be an epidemic of high blood pressure in 20 years' time? In any case I don't think all this negativity is healthy for anyone to get immersed in.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

they should just show a picture of the Queen for three minutes while blaring patriotic music so the viewers can have a good wank to it

idunnosomename

idunnosomename

Mike Upchat

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 18, 2021, 06:56:35 PM
Andrew Doyle's let himself go

Should be about 10 months until they let him go.

Midas

Quote from: Cunt
GB News claims it will be Europe's "most nimble and sophisticated multi-platform broadcast newsroom".

Europe's?

As well as broadcasting live to air, they can prepare material across other online platforms including Twitter or Facebook and use immediate tools such as graphics, almost real-time translations, captions and AI-recognition of stored broadcast clips.

Your nimble and sophisticated multi-platform broadcast newsroom sounds SHITE, mate.

[Andrew] Neil said last year it was aiming for a March 2021 launch but on 18 March the broadcaster said it would be launching "later this year".

later in the year,
an uninterrupted screech;
squawking old codgers.

JamesTC

lazyhour

Guys, they'll have graphics - I say we start taking them seriously.

Well they be advertising-funded? Are there enough companies that won't give a shit about advertising on a blatantly hate-filled channel? I suppose enough of them advertise in the Daily Mail...

Blue Jam

Quote from: Bleeding Kansas on March 18, 2021, 10:13:18 PM
Freeview channel 88.

I guess they don't get a choice of number, but that is unfortunate. Ooof.

Pinball

Mr Farenheit

Quote from: lazyhour on March 18, 2021, 11:07:41 PM
Guys, they'll have graphics - I say we start taking them seriously.

Not to mention captions!

They can also access Twitter and Facebook. Is there anything these mavericks can't do?