Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:25:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

More info about GB News shows.

Started by Sebastian Cobb, March 10, 2021, 06:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Blind

PlanktonSideburns

Can't be arsed to find that bodysnatchers ending image

He reminds me of the actor Paul Meurisse.

I'd like to see Farage go into elegant detective work.

jobotic

Butchers Blind

dothestrand

Quote from: Smeraldina Rima on July 18, 2021, 11:15:45 AM
He reminds me of the actor Paul Meurisse.

I'd like to see Farage go into elegant detective work.

He was the headmaster in Les Diaboliques, right? Still, he treated women better than I imagine Nige does.

Fambo Number Mive

Guto Harri has left GB News. The Independent claims they have seen his resignation letter:

Quote...In his resignation letter seen by The Independent, Mr Harri spells out to GB News chief executive Angelos Frangopoulos his reasons for quitting the current affairs channel, in operation for just over a month.

It says: "Before I took the knee on air I discussed it with my producer, director, co-presenters and head of newsroom.

"After I did it, GB News captured the moment and proactively cascaded it on social media.

"Two days later you told me you wanted me to take a break for the summer. You did not say you were briefing papers and issuing a statement that accused me of breaching your editorial standards.

"I asked you to change that on the night – pointing out it was defamatory. You ignored my texts and refused to take my calls.

"I now see that you've hired Nigel Farage who immediately declared in public that he will not be taking the knee.

"Please explain how that does not breach editorial standards but I did – so I can share it with my lawyers."

Mr Harri also told Mr Frangopoulos that he sees "no option now but to resign".

He has criticised his employer for claiming "to believe in free speech" and then punishing him for expressing his views.

Writing in The Sunday Times, Mr Harri accused the channel of "becoming an absurd parody of what it proclaims to be".

He wrote: "Rather than defending free speech and confronting cancel culture, it has set out to replicate it on the far right."...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/guto-harri-resigns-gb-news-knee-b1886127.html

sevendaughters

sympathy for Guto Harri

the worst injustice meted out on innocents | ---------------------------------------------------------------x---| America loses at a sport it has sole dominion over

JamesTC

MAYBE IF I'M FRIENDS WITH THE BULLY THEY WILL BE NICE TO ME I AM SMART

How many of these idiots are going to quit in a huff that they got into bed with right wing cunts.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: JamesTC on July 18, 2021, 06:14:51 PM
MAYBE IF I'M FRIENDS WITH THE BULLY THEY WILL BE NICE TO ME I AM SMART

How many of these idiots are going to quit in a huff that they got into bed with right wing cunts.

He is a right wing c-nut - Boris Johnsons former spin doctor there.

It's wondrous that GB News have publicly undermined their credibility for free speech on their own terms but let's not forget where most of these people are coming from.  They also don't give a shit if they get fired or not they are all rich and connected this is just a playthings for them.

dr beat

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 17, 2021, 05:57:03 PM
And so we approach the nadir...

That's a very Saul Goodman pose.

Deliberate? Better Call Nige...

Fambo Number Mive

Farage complaining about the London based media even though GB News is based in London.

Glebe

Psybro

Surely the freedom of speech complaints are legal cover, nobody could reasonably believe that was this channel's genuine intention?

Kankurette

He's not very self-aware. Like, no shit they don't care about freedom of speech, they only want it for themselves.

Quote from: dothestrand on July 18, 2021, 01:50:50 PM
He was the headmaster in Les Diaboliques, right? Still, he treated women better than I imagine Nige does.

Yes, that's right. I never know whether to respond in this empty way when I have nothing else to add but maybe it's best to.

Norton Canes

A rat saved TV-am. Can one save GB News?

Fambo Number Mive

Looking on Twitter, Farage interviews Graham Brady and each of them had a pint glass next to them, and Tom Hardwood reported from the anti lockdown protest where the protestors hurled abuse during his report.
@GBNEWS
"Every pub is a parliament"

Nigel Farage welcomes Graham Brady to his studio pub for the first "talking pints"

Link below is NSFW

https://mobile.twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1417230256365309952

NSFW

jobotic

I had a pair of Adidas Paedo Protectors in luminous orange

I hope we get to see Farage's liver give up live on air. And why isn't he smoking?

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 19, 2021, 10:54:00 PM
Looking on Twitter, Farage interviews Graham Brady and each of them had a pint glass next to them, and Tom Hardwood reported from the anti lockdown protest where the protestors hurled abuse during his report.
Link below is NSFW

https://mobile.twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1417230256365309952

NSFW

That poster is something else.  Do you think these people really believe that 60% of people vaccinated are dead this shit or is this some marketing scam so people contact them and hand over their bank details.

Imagine believe 60% of all the 10s of millions of people that have been vaccinated are now dead; you'd think you'd notice.

EDIT: I've not read that right have I

greenman

Quote from: Jasha on July 18, 2021, 11:19:50 AM
Like a cutaway scene from a 90's arcade game

SF2 level with a pub carvery in the background.

idunnosomename

nigel farage tries to beat up a car on the quayside

Barry Admin

Switched it on there, Farage, "MIGRANT CRISIS" - seems to be giving off about people pulling drowning migrants out of the sea?

Switched it off.

imitationleather

Yer mistake there, son, was switching it on

Pink Gregory

Nothing less convincing than that grotesque toad pretending that he drinks pints.

steve98

^ Why? I find it entirely convincing. He probably has his own "pot", hangin' from a nail on the gantry.

Fambo Number Mive

GB News presenters have been talking some absolute shite about the pandemic recently, but as it's COVID related I've put it in the worst responses to the pandemic thread

jobotic

I think Farage drinks. Think he's quite often drunk. And why not? He's not paying for it.