Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:53:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

More info about GB News shows.

Started by Sebastian Cobb, March 10, 2021, 06:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dyl Spinks

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 30, 2021, 10:40:09 AM
Fabricant fawning over GB News despite their hateful programming: https://twitter.com/Mike_Fabricant/status/1420784435348348929

"Corbynistas".

Nice to see they feel that he still has some influence.

phantom_power

Silent majority? We fucking wish. They never fucking shut up

Fambo Number Mive

I see Paul Embery has been on GB News

QuoteThe reality is the Labour has become a party of social activist, student radicals and middle-class liberals living in fashionable towns'

Paul Embery says Labour has lost touch with working class voters.

I'm assuming the typos are from whoever tweets at GB News and Embery didn't talk about "the Labour"

TrenterPercenter

On Paul Embry and Blue Labour.  Found this that might be of interest to Kankurette (Paul Embry & Blue Labour from a Marxist perspective).

https://www.redflagonline.org/paul-embery-when-the-dog-whistle-becomes-tedious/

Kankurette

Nice one. Haven't Labour always been the party of social activists though?

Also totally agreed with this bit:
QuoteEmbery projects onto the "traditional" working class all of his own racial insecurities, reactionary hang-ups and intolerant views, before then casting himself as their champion by virtue of having aired his own grievances in their name.

I have a guilt complex about men like Embery because deep down I wonder if they are right and if I am a massive snob because I'm a lefty. Even though I know for a fact that the idea he perpetuates that all white working-class people are racist or homophobic is BS. Working-class LGBT people exist!

ETA: faith, flag and family?! Fucking hell. That sounds like something an American Republican would say. And this big push by Blue Labour types to get women back into the kitchen ignores the fact that for a lot of us, it isn't an option. Not all of us have husbands and not all of us can afford to stay home and raise the kids. Plenty of working-class women have jobs but of course Blue Labour ignore that.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Kankurette on August 01, 2021, 03:44:03 PM
I have a guilt complex about men like Embery because deep down I wonder if they are right

They are not right; though they are not making up their audience. This is all classic conman stuff; tap into and in some cases create problems for your audience then sell them a solution; leftists just need to have something to say to these people that doesn't play into these other peoples hands.

Fambo Number Mive

Kankurette

It also shows, as if we didn't know already, how utterly fucking useless Starmer pandering is.

idunnosomename

The remainer QCs are nearly as bad

phantom_power

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 01, 2021, 03:11:14 PM
I see Paul Embery has been on GB News

I'm assuming the typos are from whoever tweets at GB News and Embery didn't talk about "the Labour"

Such bullshit. The only way Labour might have lost touch with the working class is that the working class are constantly told by cunts like him and the right wing media that Labour have lost touch with them and might believe it

Blue Jam

They invited Carol Decker from T'pau on after she posted on Twitter about how she went to a supermarket in Wales and thought the signs were all in forrin:

https://mobile.twitter.com/caroldecker/status/1421366246180802562

Quality content here lads.

Kankurette

Quote from: phantom_power on August 02, 2021, 12:11:01 PM
Such bullshit. The only way Labour might have lost touch with the working class is that the working class are constantly told by cunts like him and the right wing media that Labour have lost touch with them and might believe it
The white working class, tbf. BAME working-class people don't exist, apparently.

idunnosomename

has anyone ever seen Paul Embry put out a fire? cunt just seems to be a low-profile full time provocateur these days. hes anti-vax and TERF and all that.

Fambo Number Mive

You want COAST CUNT! We've got him sat here.

pigamus

We've got him sitting here, remember your demographic

Ferris

In fairness he may be sat there (against his will). Hostage eyes, as they all have from what little I've seen of the channel.

Quote from: pigamus on August 02, 2021, 06:11:40 PM
We've got him sitting here, remember your demographic

Lord Digby Jones straps on his suicide vest.

pigamus

Digby, Lord Jones straps on his suicide vest

Quote from: pigamus on August 02, 2021, 06:24:59 PM
Digby, Lord Jones straps on his suicide vest

Lord Suicide Jones; vest straps on his digby.

AzureSky

Kankurette

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 02, 2021, 01:34:38 PM
has anyone ever seen Paul Embry put out a fire? cunt just seems to be a low-profile full time provocateur these days. hes anti-vax and TERF and all that.
I know he's anti-trans (because working-class trans people don't exist) and anti-BLM (because working-class black people don't exist), but what's his reason for being anti-vax? Vaccines are for posh middle-class snobs?

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Kankurette on August 02, 2021, 11:04:47 PM
I know he's anti-trans (because working-class trans people don't exist) and anti-BLM (because working-class black people don't exist), but what's his reason for being anti-vax? Vaccines are for posh middle-class snobs?

he just fucking hates cleaning his carpets

Cold Meat Platter

Billy Bragg has laid into Coast Wanker for his horseshit comparing people who don't comply with covid guidelines to those who fought in the Second World War. Cunt's a historian.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/billy-bragg-pens-perfect-response-to-shameful-neil-oliver-clip-284290/

Bingo Fury

Archaeologist, not historian - though he loves to be mistaken for one.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Kankurette on August 02, 2021, 11:04:47 PM

A new business model has developed out of the internet in which if you have a platform that you can be paid to advertise things to the audiences; call them influencers or human billboards but the payment system remains the same.  There are multiple sources of finance for pushing anti-woke and anti-vax themes.

It worth noting that conspiracies travel well because they hijack the brains survival response system so they garner attention and support for their cult leaders.  A mistake people often make is thinking that fear responses are always experienced as negative qualia (individual sensation and thoughts) when in certain contexts they are the opposite; they are exciting, revelatory and energising (same mechanism is used in thrill seeking sports activities); these leaders are giving repressed minds a "thrill" for want of a better word. 

Fambo Number Mive

I see Ken Livingstone has been interviewed by Farage on his GB News slot.