Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:14:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

More info about GB News shows.

Started by Sebastian Cobb, March 10, 2021, 06:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Bingo Fury on August 03, 2021, 01:18:39 PM
Archaeologist, not historian - though he loves to be mistaken for one.

Apologies for falling into his cunt's trap.

He is an Archaeologist Coast Cunt.

Midas

This thread is literally the only reminder I have that GB News still exists. When is Europe's most nimble and sophisticated multi-platform broadcast newsroom gonna kick the bucket?

Shit Good Nose

I personally can't see it lasting to the end of this year.  Which means it'll be around FOREVER (ever...ever...ever...ever)

lipsink

It seems to be trending a lot quite recently what with Neil Oliver saying he is willing to get Covid and pass it on to other people to protect out freedom. Seems like their desperate trolling is still working and people are getting outraged and giving them the exposure they want.

Ferris

Quote from: lipsink on August 04, 2021, 10:05:00 AM
It seems to be trending a lot quite recently what with Neil Oliver saying he is willing to get Covid and pass it on to other people to protect out freedom. Seems like their desperate trolling is still working and people are getting outraged and giving them the exposure they want.

Does it though? Because unless the outrage translates to eyes watching the programs then what's the best case scenario, they get twice the ratings of Welsh Paw Patrol? Still doesn't seem viable to me.

They've been pigeon-holed as a joke outfit now, people are unlikely to suggest watching it to friends/family with "it's alright actually" because they don't want to look like chumps.

I predict they'll be gone by October, and will do lots of big rants in broadsheet newspapers about how they've been silenced/canceled by the woke elite, before settling into cozy establishment media jobs and quietly removing this section from their CVs.

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on August 03, 2021, 01:27:23 PM
There are multiple sources of finance for pushing anti-woke and anti-vax themes.

There are even more sources of finance for pushing 'pro-woke' and 'pro-vax' themes though, surely?

QuoteArchaeologist, not historian - though he loves to be mistaken for one.

This begs the question, what is a historian?

QuoteThe only way Labour might have lost touch with the working class is that the working class are constantly told by cunts like him and the right wing media that Labour have lost touch with them and might believe it

Those working class people who think Labour has lost touch with their concerns, they're just parroting what they heard on GB News (which nobody is watching), and the rest are just racist dog whistlers like Paul Embery?

QuoteThey've been pigeon-holed as a joke outfit now

By rival news sources, and by political opponents (often the same thing)?

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on August 04, 2021, 05:26:29 PM
There are even more sources of finance for pushing 'pro-woke' and 'pro-vax' themes though, surely?
What's your point? "More sources" doesn't translate to "less competitive" if the majority of media types are already working those angles.

Fambo Number Mive

Looking at the GB News clips on Twitter.

Dan Wooton calling people who work from home "lazy" and "selfish". Wonder how many Sun columnists work from home.

Ironic how he mentions teachers in his list of people who have been going to work every day when the right has been attacking teachers for the last eighteen months over their concerns about the risks of catching covid.

I've been working even harder during the last eighteen months as I've saved two hours a day not communing which gives me more time to get work done.

Alex Philips is also doing the same, ranting about "pencil pushers and desk jockeys in our civil service" and calling them "taxpayer-funded apparatchiks" doing their work "with daytime telly on in the background".

The people who complain about others working from home tend to be the same ones who complain about having to wear masks on public transport and at work and then wonder why people don't want to go back to the office.

It does feel that GB News pushes the government's agenda quite a lot, despite their claims. Wanting to make people return to the office in the hope they will spend money in the High Street in their lunchbreak is exactly what the government want.

Almost feels like enforced spending really - what next, will people have to go to a certain number of shops each week, or something? People shouldn't have to risk their health to bailout High Street shops. I imagine most people made to go back to the office will bring their lunch in from home and won't go to Pret a Manger or Costa.

Something interesting on Twitter is how a lot of accounts that are fans of GB News are desperately trying to get each other to follow them.

https://twitter.com/sicockcroft1973/status/1422935213290708997

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 04, 2021, 05:55:21 PM
Something interesting on Twitter is how a lot of accounts that are fans of GB News are desperately trying to get each other to follow them.

Just FBPE for overt, rather than closet reactionaries.

Kankurette

I'm not taking anything AT says in good faith. I'm not surprised he's an anti-vaxxer as well.

Shit Good Nose

Dan Wooton calling people who work from home "lazy" and "selfish". Wonder how many Sun columnists work from home.

Ironic how he mentions teachers in his list of people who have been going to work every day when the right has been attacking teachers for the last eighteen months over their concerns about the risks of catching covid.

I've been working even harder during the last eighteen months as I've saved two hours a day not communing which gives me more time to get work done.

Alex Philips is also doing the same, ranting about "pencil pushers and desk jockeys in our civil service" and calling them "taxpayer-funded apparatchiks" doing their work "with daytime telly on in the background".

The people who complain about others working from home tend to be the same ones who complain about having to wear masks on public transport and at work and then wonder why people don't want to go back to the office.

It does feel that GB News pushes the government's agenda quite a lot, despite their claims. Wanting to make people return to the office in the hope they will spend money in the High Street in their lunchbreak is exactly what the government want.

Almost feels like enforced spending really - what next, will people have to go to a certain number of shops each week, or something? People shouldn't have to risk their health to bailout High Street shops. I imagine most people made to go back to the office will bring their lunch in from home and won't go to Pret a Manger or Costa.

Ignoring the fact my employer has forced most of us to work from home (and it's likely we will remain as almost permanent home-workers even when things do go back to something resembling normality, seeing as how 75% of our office space has been rented out to third parties to try and get out of the massive financial hole we're in [like most other public sector departments]), this last 18 months is the busiest I've EVER been in my job, which I've been doing for about 13 years now.  I've typically been doing 10 hour days with only about 20 minutes for lunch, and apart from an extended christmas break last year, I've only been able to take the odd day or afternoon here and there (after carrying over 12 days leave from last year's allowance, I still have about 31 days to use before the end of next March, purely because I've not been able to take any time off).

So, I dunno...fuck Dan Wooton right in his fucking tits I guess.

Kankurette

I work from home - I did before COVID. I work 6-7 days a week. I've worked until midnight on jobs that are due the next day, I've spent whole days practically glued to the computer with almost no screen breaks, due to having to do jobs with very tight deadlines. I've been balls deep in translation work for the past two months. I barely have a social life, for fuck's sake. I only leave the house for shopping, walks and the odd hospital appointment. Wootton can lick my taint. Or he can try translating 38 pages of badly written French medical notes into English, perhaps.

ETA: my brother also works from home part-time (I think he has to do a certain number of days in the office) and he's a civil servant. He's hardly sitting around doing fuck all.

monkfromhavana

For the record, I am working from home and spend most of my day watching Limmy.

The Roofdog

Has Neil come back off his holidays yet?

Neomod

Nice how all these GBN chancers think that everyone else must have a protestant work ethic except them.

Part of it is them wanting people back in the office and shopping, but a larger part is just trying to drum home to the retirees watching at home that the young are lazy and want something for nothing so to never, ever give an inch to help these feckless idlers.

Quote from: Kankurette on August 04, 2021, 07:19:45 PM
I'm not taking anything AT says in good faith. I'm not surprised he's an anti-vaxxer as well.

But he's just asking questions. He just wants to understand how things work! He's just an innocent (albeit one with a deeply ingrained sense of right and wrong) wandering the world in search of truth. What could you possibly have against that?

Jasha

Is it easier to become an archaeologist that a historian, I'd have thought the former would carry more weight/require more formal qualifications?

Sebastian Cobb

Seems like he likes being mistaken for a journalist as well.

Cold Meat Platter

And mistaken for not being a cunt.

Sebastian Cobb

I've always wanted one of those booze globes but I've gone right off them now.

Sebastian Cobb

did he nick the prop phone off noel edmonds?

Looks like it's being filmed inside a bunker.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on August 05, 2021, 05:03:12 PM
Looks like it's being filmed inside a bunker.

Do you think we could seal it off with them inside it?

Cold Meat Platter

Hope they've got enough Lugers and cyanide.

Just put a chair in front of the door. They'd be dead in an hour from the stench alone.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Still, it's nice to see that Gervais and Merchant have patched up their differences.

pigamus

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 05, 2021, 04:40:06 PM
I've always wanted one of those booze globes but I've gone right off them now.

I always thought that was called a tantalus but it's not

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Kankurette on August 04, 2021, 07:19:45 PM
Just put him on "ignore". You'll miss absolutely nothing.