Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:52:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Your Theme Music

Started by TraceyQ, July 06, 2005, 12:21:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TraceyQ

Ok, so you've made it to your own radio show. Like all good presenters, you need a theme tune to do the "this is what's happening on the show..." What would yours be?

Instrumentals are preferable, natch.

ediiiiiit:  An easy one  : The Clique - "Wormin'"

slim

Oooh, good thread idea.

Who's The Realest? by The Herbaliser Band.

Only one answer I can really give to this, "Jazz Delicious Hot, Disgusting Cold" by the Bonzo Dog Band.

Or if we can have non-instrumentals, "Motown Junk" by Manic Street Preachers.

Two quite different shows, though.

RHX

For past radio shows I've done, it's been Royce 5'9" - Boom, or at least the instrumental of that. I intend to keep that choice for this thread.

(Or for irony - Sexy Boy by Shawn Michaels. Everything I'm not but it's a great song that I listen to all the time.)

Frinky

The middle bit to You Stole My Love by the Yardbirds.

A Passing Turk Slipper

TMBG - Lady is a Tramp. I will never tire of this song. I think if I was contemplating suicide and someone played this song to me I would immediately cheer up and dance around the place. Perfect jolly instrumental theme music.

Lt Plonker

The instrumental of Miracles - The Jackson Sisters

Jemble Fred

Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"Only one answer I can really give to this, "Jazz Delicious Hot, Disgusting Cold" by the Bonzo Dog Band.

Well Whose Line Is It Anyway already nabbed that one. You're Clive Anderson in Disguise.

I don't know, personally... Actually, the Pet Shop Boys' 'Overture to Performance' is a fantastic track – I've always fancied presenting a really cheesy variety show that kicks off with the final swing section of that.

Derek Trucks

Mr PC by John Coltrane (taken from the Giant Steps LP) - in fact pretty much anything from that album will do.

Neville Chamberlain

If I had a radio show (which I would really like!), I'd open with a few bars of A New Era by The Specials.

smewie lewis

It would have to be both very catchy and relatively obscure.

Basement 5 – Work (Dub) would do the job just nicely.

A short-lived reggae/punk cross-over band from back in the day who released only one album "1965-1980" which was industrially dubbed up by Factory's knob-twiddling genius Martin Hannett - and what a combination. Begins with the singer yelling "...and they're off!" and then launches into a curious foot-stomping mix of heavy bouncing bass and dub metal guitar screeching over the top. Perfect.

Download here

clareQuilty

The opening music to the film 'Underground' composed by Goran Bregovic.
Catchy as hell.

Lee

Well obviously Tenacious D - Lee. Who cares if it's got vocals?

Neville Chamberlain

Actually, I might open with Theme One by Van der Graaf Generator...

SurferGhost

I was torn. I agonised. I'll probably change my mind again in five minutes.

The Who (featuring Nicky Hopkins) - The Ox   I can always turn the volume down a bit.
or
The Small Faces - Ogden's Nutgone Flake

Others considered but rejected:
Theme from Plan 9 From Outer Space (the theremin one)
The Bonzos - Noises For The Leg
Traffic - Glad
The Small Faces - Plum Nellie
The Small Faces - the extended psychedelic-freakout-jam epilogue of Rene
The Faces - Looking Out The Window
The Fleur De Lys - Hammerhead
The Green Scarab - Asariah's Dance

You'd need a different closing theme, wouldn't you though? Well I know I would. At least this was easier.
Hecate's Angels - The Somnium Waltz

Say we were allowed a non-instrumental though, I'd have this:
Julian Cope - S.P.A.C.E R.O.C.K With Me

weekender

Probably 'Weekender' by Flowered Up I suppose.

Suave me would choose 'Green Onions' by Booker T and the MGs to demonstrate my cool sophistication.

Actual me would take an instrumental version of 'The Man Don't Give A Fuck' by SFA, because I don't really give a fuck (about anybody else).

kidsick5000

Id love to say "Search and Destroy" by the Stooges...

but its more realistic to say the theme from Steptoe and Son

Morrisfan82

Amen, Brother by The Winstons

TJ

High Havoc! by Corduroy

TraceyQ

Quote from: "TJ"Corduroy

I knew it! I knew it!

Gamma Ray

'If you're gonna be dumb, You gotta be tough' by Roger Alan Wade

dan dirty ape

Gatur Bait by the Gaturs
http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2XXLETII7U9FI32J5ZMXS5AN5D
It's been the background music on my mobile answerphone 'leave a message' message for a good four years or so. I'm sure my friends are all sick of hearing that bass intro.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The Fruity Track By Lemon Jelly or Gee Strings by The Orb.

Either the opening riff from AC/DC's 'Back In Black' or Led Zeppelin's 'The Wanton Song.'  Yes, it would be a rock show.