Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:05:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

iPlayer films thread

Started by Blue Jam, March 13, 2021, 07:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

There are often lots of good films on iPlayer. Thought I'd start a thread for heads-up and discussion of those films:

Watching In The Loop now. Seen it a million times but still love it. Still think Steve Coogan is the best thing in it. And gawd I love Jamie, the wee radge.

Watched Educating Rita the other day. As good as I remember it.

Stan And Ollie is on there now. More Coogan, and just an immensely enjoyable film.

Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie. I didn't like the recent episodes but I liked this.

Alpha Papa and Mindhorn: Loved both of these. Yet more Coogan!

Mrs Brown's Boys: D'Movie and David Brent: Life On The Road are also on there if you fancy a hatewatch.

El Unicornio, mang

Margin Call is a favourite of mine, about the 2008 financial crisis. Jeremy Irons, Paul Bettany, Kevin Spacey and bloke whose name I can't remember putting in good performances.

Apocalypse Now Final Cut actually haven't watched this version yet but it's just a great film in any incarnation.

A Matter of Life and Death/Stairway to Heaven - classic Powell/Pressburger

neveragain

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 13, 2021, 07:13:15 PM
Watching In The Loop now. Seen it a million times but still love it. Still think Steve Coogan is the best thing in it.

He's not in it, is he? (Was that the joke?)

Edit: AHHHHH! Wait wait wait, I remember the scene. Very funny.

Blue Jam

He's in it numerous times and has all the best lines. Maybe go and rewatch it while it's on iPlayer... ;)

"She's got a WATERING CAN!"

rjd2

Not a bad idea for a thread , although maybe we could also throw in film4?

Anyway to contribute, some Hitchcock, Suspicion, 39 Steps  and The Lady Vanishes also their and yep all 3 are great.

Blue Jam

Just watched The Third Man which is available for another week. Got about 20 minutes in before wanting to watch it a second time to take it all in. I can see why it's Vince Gilligan's favourite film and I can see the influence it's had on his work. Also on Brazil (my favourite film), The Big Lebowski (my second-favourite film) etc.

I, Tonya is also up there and is a lot of fun.