Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:31:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner: Arty Morty and the Glinfinite Transness: The Hateful 8th

Started by madhair60, March 15, 2021, 01:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfatheart

EDDIE IZZARD entered TOILET.

GLINNER used RESTRAIN!

It's not very effective...

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 08, 2021, 11:24:07 PM
when he was on newsnight beginning of 2020 he was at still a little bit connected, with a twitter account, and a wife. now he's just a washed-up mad cunt. he will never work in media again.

This is something that worries me if the Motherland US remake turns out to be a big hit with 100+ episode syndication order. He won't have to work again, because he'll get a creator credit and could be kept monied for doing no work; it also will give him a single crumb of clout.

JaDanketies

I think hoping that we experience schadenfreude by seeing Glinner lose all of his income is a non-starter. He might tell the world that his wife left him because he can't buy her a Rolex every week, but he's probably got a residual income that surpasses that of almost everyone on this board including me. He might not have engaged in such self-immolation if he was financially insecure to any extent.

JamesTC

He'll get sued eventually. He just needs to cross the wrong person.

JaDanketies

Quote from: JamesTC on April 09, 2021, 10:28:04 AM
He'll get sued eventually. He just needs to cross the wrong person.

tbh I think someone like Katie M ought to contact the police and make a claim of harassment. Or even this Herzog character. He's already got a warning for harassing Stephanie Hayden and his behaviour is still the exact same as it always has been, if not worse. He's a serial harasser and if his victims actually made a noise about it then he'd hit the end of non-custodial sentences eventually, or would be forced into therapy.

But I think his victims / the police might figure they're public figures because they've got a public Twitter account, and that it's internet nastiness that doesn't really count, so it's not really harassment. Certainly looks like it to me though

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on April 09, 2021, 09:33:32 AM
#We didn't start the fire#
I lol'd

He'll get sued eventually
I think he's counting on it, he's just waiting for the right 'target'.  Can't be anyone too rich or he'll run out of money.  Has to be semi-famous so he's not seen as punching down and so it's more likely to get it in the papers.  He saw what happened to Katie Hopkins, he's desperate but I don't think he'll throw it all away unless it gets him the publicity he wants.

frajer

He definitely wants a grandstanding day in court. The relish he showed at his big virtual day out at House of Lords was painful. Cunt thinks he's Atticus Finch.

petril

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on April 09, 2021, 11:18:20 AM
I lol'd
I think he's counting on it, he's just waiting for the right 'target'.  Can't be anyone too rich or he'll run out of money.  Has to be semi-famous so he's not seen as punching down and so it's more likely to get it in the papers.  He saw what happened to Katie Hopkins, he's desperate but I don't think he'll throw it all away unless it gets him the publicity he wants.

the longer he goes on, the more impatient and rash he'll get, and the more chance of picking someone where he's onto a surefire loser

idunnosomename

news keeps banging on about how he was like Prince Albert. even though he wasn't, by any stretch of the imagination, anything like Prince Albert.

JamesTC

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 09, 2021, 01:26:18 PM
news keeps banging on about how he was like Prince Albert. even though he wasn't, by any stretch of the imagination, anything like Prince Albert.

Was Prince Albert a transphobe?

idunnosomename

What the fuck how did this get here!

I do hope Glinner posts his respects on his blog to a fellow old bigot though.

daf

Jollity

I like to imagine Linehan in a bad mood because all the news is talking about some wrinkly old random who died instead of The Real Issues.

JamesTC

Fuming at the global pandemic because it means we aren't talking about toilets.

JaDanketies

Aja your poem's shit, we get it, you put 'man' into a rhyming dictionary

Kankurette

Quote from: bigfatheart on April 09, 2021, 09:48:02 AM
EDDIE IZZARD entered TOILET.

GLINNER used RESTRAIN!

It's not very effective...
it hurt itself in its confusion!

frajer

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: Jollity on April 09, 2021, 02:26:00 PM
I like to imagine Linehan in a bad mood because all the news is talking about some wrinkly old random who died instead of The Real Issues.

Given that he's never mentioned the global pandemic I sincerely doubt he's noticed Prince Phil popped it

Alberon

Oh fuck me. The Orwell Prize longlist is out, and he isn't on it. Really sorry Graham mate. Hopefully Private Eye will recognise your efforts.

idunnosomename

Clearly the insidious trans agenda. For instance look at the great work gumshoe is doing on his elite journalism site sleuthing... "mucky meerkat"

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

JaDanketies

That Eddie Redmayne TikTok thing from a few months back was good

The Bees

If that's her twitter account those posts would be from when she was 16. Is there a Pulitzer category for "searching through a teenage girl's social media to find something to smear her with"?

chveik

qanon-like private investigating. every cunt online dreams to be a narc

mippy

Has he even mentioned Sarah Everard, the protests, the debate on whether the onus should still be on women to not get attacked by men?