Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:49:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner: Arty Morty and the Glinfinite Transness: The Hateful 8th

Started by madhair60, March 15, 2021, 01:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dead-ced-dead

Anthony Hopkins' twitter and instagram feeds are a delightful treat, too.

JamesTC

ultra_alias

QuoteP.S. I am wanking while I tweet this.

Are you an "Autoglinnerphile"?

Quote from: Jumblegraws on March 17, 2021, 02:43:02 PM
Raging about Elliot Page on his substack again, venomous "think of the children" stuff. Prick.

twenty-four hours of posts:

Quote from: GlinnerThe cross-party alliance against women's rights
- They don't work for you, they work for Stonewall
Mar 15

actual blog with writing in it

Quote from: GlinnerThe truth about Sisters Uncut
- An anti-feminist organisation that places men's rights above women's safety
   JL, Mar 16

guest blog by anonymous pal

Quote from: GlinnerThe new priests, same as the old priests
Mar 16

a bunch of pasted tweets

Quote from: GlinnerI'm sorry about all the emails, but the news stories from Bizarro world just keep pouring in.
Mar 16

one pasted tweet

Quote from: GlinnerIf anorexia had a marketing budget
- Just another night of outrages in woke Gilead
15 hr ago

Page's TIME cover with Glin going "state of this," another bunch of pasted tweets with Glin's thoughtful journalistic commentary like "And then there's this"

Quote from: GlinnerJournalism With Menaces: The Pink News Writer Who Slides Into DMs
   JL, 11 hr ago

dozens of pasted tweets with blurbs by anonymous pal

Quote from: GlinnerHow much money is being spent to tell us things we already know?
From Private Eye
9 hr ago

one pasted photo of a paragraph from the Eye, that Glin almost certainly got off twitter.

Meanwhile, another Substack user on revelations that Substack has been secretly paying a handful of high-profile users, mostly heavy on the trans-hate, in order to raise the platform's profile.

"...Substack also seems to have a secret list of writers who are allowed to violate the company's terms of service. These people dish out hate speech, but remain on the platform with paid subscribers. Among them is Graham Linehan, who was already booted from Twitter for hate speech against trans people, and whose Substack is entirely devoted to the idea that trans women are a danger to cis women and should be stopped. "

MoreauVasz

One of the things that killed off the 'blogosphere' was the way that everyone gradually drifted towards blogging about blogging as that is what created the drama and delivered the numbers. It took years for the blogosphere to disappear up its own arse. Substack appears to have got there in about 18 months.

Please subscribe to my Substack for f-locked hot takes about Substack.

frajer

Quote from: Poison To The Mind on March 18, 2021, 05:25:46 AM
Meanwhile, another Substack user on revelations that Substack has been secretly paying a handful of high-profile users, mostly heavy on the trans-hate, in order to raise the platform's profile.

"...Substack also seems to have a secret list of writers who are allowed to violate the company's terms of service. These people dish out hate speech, but remain on the platform with paid subscribers. Among them is Graham Linehan, who was already booted from Twitter for hate speech against trans people, and whose Substack is entirely devoted to the idea that trans women are a danger to cis women and should be stopped. "

Coin-wanker as well as hate-tank. Bravo, Graham. Father Ted must seem like some weird dream at this point.

JaDanketies

I've got a Substack I use for SEO spam. I'm not sure if I should feel guilty for supporting Substack or happy to be manipulating it for spammy reasons. Or maybe I should just feel overwhelmingly guilty in general for spamming the internet with links to my clients' sites.

idunnosomename

How ironic that most transwomen are referred to on glinner's endlessly gurgling bowel of a blog as "trans-identified males" except for transwomen like Debbie and Fionne - who declare that transwomen are men - who are referred to as "transwomen".

Get your head round that

phantom_power

As there aren't toilet police who check your birth certificate or passport as you go in, this whole thing is so utterly pointless and shit. What it basically boils down to is that trans women who, for want of a better phrase, can pass as a cis woman will be able to use women's toilets without a problem, it is only those that don't conform to female-gender norms who will have trouble or get the TERFs backs up. This basically goes against their whole Gender Critical thing of railing against women being boiled down to how they look and that women shouldn't be forced to conform to gender stereotypes.

I realise this is something that has been said repeatedly in these threads but it really struck me just now how stark and obvious the flaws in that position are, and how thick or blinded by prejudice they must be to not see that inherent contradiction

Kankurette

Quote from: phantom_power on March 18, 2021, 10:43:11 AM
As there aren't toilet police who check your birth certificate or passport as you go in, this whole thing is so utterly pointless and shit. What it basically boils down to is that trans women who, for want of a better phrase, can pass as a cis woman will be able to use women's toilets without a problem, it is only those that don't conform to female-gender norms who will have trouble or get the TERFs backs up. This basically goes against their whole Gender Critical thing of railing against women being boiled down to how they look and that women shouldn't be forced to conform to gender stereotypes.

I realise this is something that has been said repeatedly in these threads but it really struck me just now how stark and obvious the flaws in that position are, and how thick or blinded by prejudice they must be to not see that inherent contradiction
It's already happened to butch cis lesbians who've been refused entry to women's toilets.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on March 18, 2021, 11:01:55 AM
"Woke Gilead".

What's next, post-modern neo-marxism?

It's ironic that they keep using The Handmaid's Tale, considering just how supportive Margaret Atwood is of trans rights.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 18, 2021, 09:59:50 AM
How ironic that most transwomen are referred to on glinner's endlessly gurgling bowel of a blog as "trans-identified males" except for transwomen like Debbie and Fionne - who declare that transwomen are men - who are referred to as "transwomen".

Get your head round that
He has said before that he considers gendering people correctly a "courtesy" extended by cis people (not that he considers "cis" a legitimate term, mind):
Quote from: ShitheadI think trans women as women as a courtesy is something that I'm fine to follow
Definitely not transphobic.

I think there was an interview where he went further and explicitly said trans people he dislikes are fair game for misgendering, may have misremembered.

sophie.pilbeam

Quote from: phantom_power on March 18, 2021, 10:43:11 AM

There was a period where I was getting my ID sorted out but hadn't fully transitioned socially yet, so I was using male facilities with a female birth certificate. The only time my terrifying self ID birth certificate's ever used is when I need to get paperwork processed. 364 days a year it's in a drawer.

I don't think the issue is that they "can't see" the contradictions, though; they just hate trans people and this is a stick they can beat us with. Gamergate had ethics, TERFs have toilets.

JamesTC

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: Poison To The Mind on March 18, 2021, 05:25:46 AM

If it's true Substack paid a yearly advance to Glinner to write his sordid grief blog, it was an almighty waste of money for Substack.  Even the most highly viewed posts struggle to get over 100 likes.  I sincerely doubt that Glinner is a 'Substack Pro', the Substack management would have to be out of their fucking minds to do so.

Having said all that, apparently Substack paid Matthew Yglesias a huge amount ($250k?),  he's got 7,000 subscribers and he only gets about 100-200 likes per post.  So maybe Glinner is on 'Fuck you, trans' money.

JaDanketies

Following all this Glinner shenanigans, it's surprising to see that this marginal wedge issue is represented in the government. And not merely "reasonable concerns", but "Graham Linehan is okay and reasonable" which to me is extremist.

idunnosomename

are graham? part of a capitalist scam by silicon valley incels? surely he is too noble to fall for such an immoral scheme!

imitationleather

Quote from: JaDanketies on March 18, 2021, 12:46:20 PM
"Graham Linehan is okay and reasonable" which to me is extremist.

Even for people who are TERFs, I just don't get how they look at Glinner and see anything other than a madman. Everything about him is the opposite of the sort of person you want representing a cause.

petril

Quote from: sophie.pilbeam on March 18, 2021, 12:21:44 PM
There was a period where I was getting my ID sorted out but hadn't fully transitioned socially yet, so I was using male facilities with a female birth certificate. The only time my terrifying self ID birth certificate's ever used is when I need to get paperwork processed. 364 days a year it's in a drawer.

I don't think the issue is that they "can't see" the contradictions, though; they just hate trans people and this is a stick they can beat us with. Gamergate had ethics, TERFs have toilets.

we just have feeding them to men to get raped and murdered, as blessed by the rest of society

idunnosomename

The annual subscriptions seem mad, but if only one person signs up it traps the writer on the platform for a year. And they get to publish "cancelled" people by pretending they're not really publishing them, they're just "using" the platform. Cunts. Wont bother complaining to them anymore.

If Linehan is saying he's doing journalisms now, maybe he should be subject to the proper reporting regulations? Or does he need a hat with "press" in the brim, and follow transwomen into the toilets in a big tan mac, shoot them with a big flash-bulb camera and go "what a scoop!"

phes

Quote from: imitationleather on March 18, 2021, 01:30:15 PM
Even for people who are TERFs, I just don't get how they look at Glinner and see anything other than a madman. Everything about him is the opposite of the sort of person you want representing a cause.

I guess he has/had a high profile and is utterly single minded and driven in pursuit of his goals and the goals of like-minded terfs, to the extent that he's been willing to burn his career and life to the ground. As deranged as he appears to have become, he's likely viewed as someone objectionable and thick skinned enough to make an impact. He's probably seen by terfs outside of his bubble as a hatchet man who's raced back to make a challenge and take a red card for the team. He's a bastard, but he's their bastard.

Cold Meat Platter

He's a 'useful idiot', I believe the term is, no different to arseholes like Darren Grimes, Tom Harwood or even Priti Patel.

idunnosomename

Alright, subscriber
Stand with J.K. Rowling, baby
You know the mess we're in

Keep Rowling Rowling Rowling Rowling

Now I know y'all ladies be pissing in here
But G.L.I.N.N.E.R. is right here
"females" in the lavs let me look down there
You might not care, but real women care
XX XY: biological sex
You wont get your kicks with your dirty lady dicks
So you think you're a woman punk
Fuck OFF shut UP
get outta here cunt
while I fuck my life up

Ferris

Surely the tune for an angry distant man and disinterested rowling would be Stan.

Teas gone cold, I'm wondering why
Got out of racecar bed at all...

Writes itself.

Edit: actually with the grim ending it's not so funny. Disregard.

JamesTC

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 18, 2021, 07:17:22 PM
Surely the tune for an angry distant man and disinterested rowling would be Stan.

Teas gone cold, I'm wondering why
Got out of racecar bed at all...

Writes itself.

Edit: actually with the grim ending it's not so funny. Disregard.

I dunno. If you imagine Glinner driving into a lake with Jonathan Ross in the boot I think the image raises a smile.

idunnosomename

I guess Eminem is J.K. Rowling then

(also i thought of that at a red light today for better or worse. i could do the other verses but would feel it would be diminishing returns)