Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:39:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner: Arty Morty and the Glinfinite Transness: The Hateful 8th

Started by madhair60, March 15, 2021, 01:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumblegraws

I prefer this version

The quote used in the original is ironic because Shitbird made him look like the boy from The Killing of a Sacred Deer.

JaDanketies

She really captured him at his most sneering and contemptuous.

sophie.pilbeam

Not to mention the seething hatred behing Arty's completely blank eyes.

God, imagine someone actually buying this. Every time they question whether it's really worth being a perpetually angry social pariah whose only friends are far right extremists, they look to Arty, remember his words, and go back to abusing strangers on Twitter.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: JaDanketies on May 12, 2021, 11:32:36 AM
"no y'see I'm using sexist, gender-essentialist statements in a metaphorical sense, so that makes it okay and totally GC. If you're male and you're not critical  of gender then you're not a man, you're a little boy - metaphorically, of course."

The whole GC position is built on sand, anyway. "Gender roles are complete horseshit. But male-born people are inherently more dangerous than female-born people." There's bad cognitive dissonance in the cult.

did you know that trans people are actually far less likely to fall for the bullshit 'men like trucks and women like ponies' stereotypes than the average person? According to studies.
This links to the other TERF paradox, that (according to TERFs) trans people are easily identified because they like non-gender-conforming things, e.g. trans women like swords and computers and anime (supposedly); yet any child who shows interest in non-gender-conforming things will be pounced upon by the Compulsory Trans Army and forced to transition to the opposite sex to ensure they conform to their gender roles.

JamesTC

Quote from: sophie.pilbeam on May 12, 2021, 01:28:22 PM

Not to mention the seething hatred behing Arty's completely blank eyes.

Duck me, is that real? That is an earnest attempt at a portrait and not a piss take?

sophie.pilbeam

frajer

Barry Admin

Jesus wept; fan art of Arty Morty, I've fucking seen it all now. Get off Twitter, whoever you are.

FalknerHinton

JamesTC

Quote from: Award nominated journalist(Sorry for the re-post, paid subscribers! I didn't click the right thing yesterday so you're seeing this twice.)

Jumblegraws

Just dropping by to say that David Paisley's a hunk and I hope one day he gets a legally defensible opportunity to belt Glinner and/or Stu Campbell across the face.

Jerzy Bondov

thr0b

Quote from: Jumblegraws on May 13, 2021, 09:18:19 AM
Just dropping by to say that David Paisley's a hunk and I hope one day he gets a legally defensible opportunity to belt Glinner and/or Stu Campbell across the face.

If it helps, Campbell has closed Wings Over Scotland down.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-ship-song/

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Jumblegraws on May 13, 2021, 09:18:19 AM

Just joshing you, he is a hunk.

Sonny_Jim

I only know of Stu Campbell due to that absolutely fucking ridiculous 'fair play' campaign against Fruit Machines.  His key piece of evidence was that when played via an emulator, the machine will sometimes completely stitch you up and you'll never be able to win.  He proved this through the use of a save state.  Two things to note:

1.  It's a fucking emulator, so it's not going to be 100% accurate.  Also the real hardware might have a hardware RNG[nb]Random Number Generator[/nb], so of course the emulator is not going to reflect real life conditions.

2.  Anyone who's ever played a fruitie knows THAT'S HOW THEY FUCKING WORK.  It even says on the glass (by law) what the minimum payout percentage is.

Despite this he managed to get a message added to the front.  Just from that I got the distinct impression he was a complete cunt.  Ah wait this is the Glinner thread. 

Glinner is the bigger cunt.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on May 13, 2021, 09:40:56 AMDespite this he managed to get a message added to the front.  Just from that I got the distinct impression he was a complete cunt.  Ah wait this is the Glinner thread. 

Glinner is the bigger cunt.
I've said in Glinner threads past that Campbell is so Linehan-adjacent these days that I unilaterally decided it isn't off-topic to mention him. He claimed last night that, pending a review in Novemember, he's quitting his Wings Over Scotland blog. I expect him to become a regular on Linehan's stupid youtube show, if not a full-time member of the gang.

idunnosomename

lmao imagine throwing all your toys out of the pram over alex salmond's alba. What a sad man

imitationleather

stonkers

Thing with Stu Campbell is he's been internet bananas for decades and had already largely torched his career pre-Wings, versus Glinner who as far as I know was always a bit of a twitter dickhead but only really went over the edge in the past couple of years.

idunnosomename

surely stu and graham's egos are so big they wouldn't get on and fall out if they ever had a conversation. he only hangs out with people like arty and penishelen he can use as "my gay friend, my woman friend who endlessly agree with me and validate me for being a bullying cunt"

Jumblegraws

Nah, they're pals, I don't know if they've ever hung out irl, but they play poker together and the like over the internet.

petril

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 13, 2021, 12:53:16 PM
surely stu and graham's egos are so big they wouldn't get on and fall out if they ever had a conversation. he only hangs out with people like arty and penishelen he can use as "my gay friend, my woman friend who endlessly agree with me and validate me for being a bullying cunt"

it's a bit Gary, isn't it? they thrive on having the big antagonist to take down, but don't dare confront each other because they know they might lose out

frajer

Bit late to this but it's fucking hilarious to see that not even charging people for comments is enough to keep the critics from the door.

You all pay for replies, you all pay for replies
I thought that would enough to keep out those I despise
You're all signed up to subs, so I shouldn't have to blub
Yet still I'm just a cunt faced with unwanted replies

Barry Admin

He seems to have really taken notice of the people canceling their subs due to his unbelievably prolific obsession. Some good news for trans people.

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 13, 2021, 04:03:26 PM
He seems to have really taken notice of the people canceling their subs due to his unbelievably prolific obsession. Some good news for trans people.

I'd imagine the cunt is sulking, like the petty man-child he is, because even his paying acolytes aren't as obsessed with this stuff as he is. How dare they insinuate he goes on a bit much about this?

BennyHedgehog

It wouldn't be a surprise if Campbell focused on gender critical campaigning once Wings is put to bed. Which is terrifying; Glinner's a dozy cunt but Campbell's an organized, resourceful  and industrious cunt.

dissolute ocelot

Meanwhile, another piece of transphobic shit in this fortnight's Private Eye with a whine about a Maya Forstater interview being postponed on Woman's Hour. It's certainly economical with the truth when describing why Forstater's employment was not renewed (the Eye makes out it's about her beliefs whereas her prospective employers declined to hire someone who wouldn't refer to trans people according to their legal identity), as well as doing the typical Eye thing of taking an incredibly trivial media spat and making out it is really really important.

Anyway great news about Campbell, but I strongly suspect he can't stay quiet for long. Maybe he'll leave Scotland alone, at least. I often wondered why someone living in Bath was so committed to the cause, but now he can focus on his other interests. Actually, fuck Scotland, I just hope he shuts up about trans people even if he continues to post ridiculous abuse about Nicola Sturgeon. Surely we must be reaching peak TERF and their numbers should start to decline.

JaDanketies

To me, terfery seems a lot more marginal than it did back when I was deeply involved in it, but that might've been because I was deeply involved in it. It seemed like it was centred on Twitter, and they've done a reasonable job of deplatforming some of the major players since the Glinner ban. It kinda feels like there was a point in Twitter HQ where they decided they were sick of it.

There's been a little peak after this Maya Forstater lying-about-why-her-contract-wasn't-renewed bollocks. Hopeful that the appeal won't work her way, I feel like that will squish the ideology even further. If the appeal does go her way, I worry it will lead to a resurgence. The Times is interested in the case and sympathetic to her.

stonkers

Quote from: gazliddon on May 13, 2021, 06:44:07 PM
It wouldn't be a surprise if Campbell focused on gender critical campaigning once Wings is put to bed. Which is terrifying; Glinner's a dozy cunt but Campbell's an organized, resourceful  and industrious cunt.

But for all that he's still just an angry weirdo with a blog. There's zero evidence Wings ever achieved anything to swing the public in favour of Scottish independence and I don't think he's going to fair any better pivoting to full time TERFery.