Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:15:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner: Arty Morty and the Glinfinite Transness: The Hateful 8th

Started by madhair60, March 15, 2021, 01:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophie.pilbeam

Ferris

Quote from: JamesTC on May 14, 2021, 05:34:27 PM
Yeah.

All he had to do was Google the guy or his political party. Instead, he saw that the guy was banned from Twitter for saying something anti-trans and instantly wanted him in his "Celebrity" Big Brother House.

He's started a (fictional?) celebrity big brother house? As a writing exercise?

You stop reading for a few weeks and lose all context.

JamesTC

Day 20 in the Big Brother House. Graham is in the kitchen making carbonara. Fascist leader Jose Contreras is in the diary room.

"You have the one who talks about Twitter all day and the one who does not stop mentioning penises. No me gusta casa de hermano!"

FalknerHinton

Quote from: damien on May 14, 2021, 05:34:56 PM
Looks like he could end up in more legal bother

https://twitter.com/taryndevere/status/1393195683507838978?s=21

She's reporting it to his local police, as it's prohibitively expensive to sue for defamation and apparently crowd funders for legal fees are illegal in Ireland. I did not know that.

https://twitter.com/TarynDeVere/status/1393259308842946561?s=19

earl_sleek

Quote from: Zetetic on May 14, 2021, 05:48:27 PM

Chromosomes pretty much did determine my physiological sex and gender.

Do you actually know what your sex chromosomes are? I'm interested how you found out if so, I imagine most people don't know theirs. I assume I'm XY but I know XX male syndrome is a thing.

Zetetic

That's a fair point, I don't think I do know my karyotype - other than by the usual inference with the degree of reliability that implies.

(Although XX in males usually has some indications, I believe.) Edit: I don't know! Testicle size as another hint?

Barry Admin

Accidentally clicked his profile link and thought this juxtaposition was kind of amusing:

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I can't help but wonder why legendary journalist and King of all Feminists Graham Linehan hasn't said anything about the fawning tributes to John Kay, the Sun reporter who drowned his wife in 1977 - a fact curiously absent from The Sun's obituary until its "charity partners" kicked up a fuss.

I guess "erasing women" is fine when a man does it.

Kankurette

Did he comment on Sarah Everard's death or did he try to make it about trans?

idunnosomename

Quote from: Kankurette on May 14, 2021, 10:25:41 PM
Did he comment on Sarah Everard's death or did he try to make it about trans?
only that the vigil ruined by misogynist women who made it anti-TERF

Kankurette

But not TERFs hijacking it, of course. Even though the guy who murdered her was a cis man.

JamesTC

It's not all about a woman murdered by a cis man. There are toilets to protect.

idunnosomename

his avatar was him smoking a pipe and he wrote replies like that

mr. logic

Quote from: JamesTC on May 15, 2021, 12:15:22 AM
It's not all about a woman murdered by a cis man. There are toilets to protect.

Is this real? What an arsehole.

sophie.pilbeam

The thing about chromosomes in this context is that they only matter because TERFs keep insisting they matter, and TERFs only insist they matter becauase they're something that medical transition can't alter. That's it. If a way to alter someone's chromosomes was discovered, they'd move on immediately to some other "proof". Misogyny doesn't care about chromosomes, which is why it existed before 1880.

It's like "amended birth certificates lead to women being assaulted in toilets". Nobody checks your birth certificate before you use a toilet. It's all constructed backwards to justify exclusion.

Zetetic

Quote from: sophie.pilbeam on May 15, 2021, 10:56:54 AM
Nobody checks your birth certificate before you use a toilet.
And something this line has been the most effective I've found at opening discussions with people beginning to worry about the supposed terrors of self-ID.

If anything, the situation with, for example, refuges is even more straightforward because there's clearly no way whatsoever that you can risk imposing an ID document check requirement at the front door - however much you despise trans women.

sophie.pilbeam

There's also the fear over like, ooh, your medical record is being altered! Like. Ugh. Anyone who's medically transitioned will leave a giant medical record paper trail that anyone who needs to follow up on can, and my scary self ID birth certificate literally says it was reissued with amended information. Anyone in a position where my medical records matter enough to be accessed can find all of this, and anyone not in that kind of position can mind their own fucking business.

JaDanketies

I believe that some terfs, when questioned about how they expect to stop trans people from using toilets and changing rooms, say that they really want them to feel social pressure to use the other facilities and don't want to legislate against them. Which to me is also vile. Like they want trans women who go into a woman's toilet to feel implicitly that they're doing something wrong and are being judged in the same way that a man who insisted on using the ladies' would. And I guess they want to accomplish this by creating a climate of hostility that trans women would be unable to ignore.

g0m

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 14, 2021, 04:37:47 PM
Apex Legends and Torn for me, but those are good fun and I enjoy them immensely. Can't really imagine what it's like to spend so much time and energy on trying to take down a minority.

glinner can't play apex because every time he tries he remembers bloodhound is nonbinary and starts foaming at the mouth

Barry Admin

Quote from: g0m on May 15, 2021, 03:35:35 PM
glinner can't play apex because every time he tries he remembers bloodhound is nonbinary and starts foaming at the mouth

😂 Fear has ruled his actions today. When they fall, we rise.

popcorn

Quote from: g0m on May 15, 2021, 03:35:35 PM

Years ago I was scrolling through Storm Front in fascination (I promise it was only fascination, very distant fascination) and saw a thread about video games. Someone said GTA San Andreas was great apart from having to play as a black person (I think possibly they didn't use the term "black person"), and so they had to play the entire game with CJ wearing a motorbike helmet so they didn't have to look at his disgusting face.

Kankurette

Quote from: JaDanketies on May 15, 2021, 11:48:40 AM
I believe that some terfs, when questioned about how they expect to stop trans people from using toilets and changing rooms, say that they really want them to feel social pressure to use the other facilities and don't want to legislate against them. Which to me is also vile. Like they want trans women who go into a woman's toilet to feel implicitly that they're doing something wrong and are being judged in the same way that a man who insisted on using the ladies' would. And I guess they want to accomplish this by creating a climate of hostility that trans women would be unable to ignore.
And they forgot the bit where this backfires spectacularly on butch lesbians.

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: Kankurette on May 15, 2021, 06:42:01 PM
And they forgot the bit where this backfires spectacularly on butch lesbians.

They don't forget them, they just think that they are a sacrifice they're willing to make

Blumf

JamesTC

It's. Not. All. About. Butch. Lesbians. Women in shelters, women in prisons. WOMEN LESS PRIVILEGED THAN BUTCH LESBIANS NEED PROTECTION FROM MEN.

FalknerHinton

Quote from: DreadedScotsman on May 15, 2021, 08:40:59 PM
They don't forget them, they just think that they are a sacrifice they're willing to make

In case anyone thought that DreadedScotsman was being facetious, here's noted terf Dr Kathleen Stock OBE on the subject

JamesTC

I follow this lesbian couple on Instagram who have this really huge and cute borzoi. Back on trans awareness day they made a post mentioning that one of them was trans and I didn't even know (not that I am bothered by it anyway!)

It struck me that of the two in the relationship, the trans woman would waltz passed a TERF whereas the cis woman who has a bit of a tomboy haircut would likely get second looks. They really are just propping up traditional femininity and are making life harder for any woman (cis or otherwise) who doesn't fit their narrow view of what a woman should be.

Blumf

Still waiting for that nice long list of trans-women who went full on beast mode in the lady's lav.

Beginning to suspect that there have been zero cases, because the TERFs don't even seem to have one case they can keep on pointing at with barely concealed glee.

Sonny_Jim

They've got plenty of 'examples' (Yaniv, that Reddit mod).  Can't recall a specific toilet one though.

Graham is pissing his pants with excitement, Mermaids accidentally misgendered someone (used he instead of they) and now he's going into full on Nelson Muntz mode, calling it 'MermaidMisgendergate' and having a 'special Mess We're In tomorrow at 7pm to monitor the situation.'

Quote from: Glinner
Apparently, we're not allowed to make fun of these people.

After the misgendering incident, Owen was rushed to hospital and all of them are said to be in a stable condition.

Ah yes, you hear so many progressive left wing people saying 'can't even make a joke nowadays'.  And what a sick burn.  Good job you lopsided twat.  He's just jealous in that Mermaids apologised and it's something he's completely unable to do.

Barry Admin

Fitting in yet another dig at Katie Herzog and Jessie Singal too, lovely stuff.

This made me laugh:

QuoteCondemnation by the Religious Police swiftly followed.

Quotedelete this babe

Oh wow harsh shit. Mermaids trying to put the blame on Grammarly was also quite funny, to be fair.