Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:06:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

You know who I fancy? (Who isn't just some random woman who will feel stalked?)

Started by Retinend, March 16, 2021, 09:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on March 19, 2021, 05:56:16 PM
"Able was I ere I saw Elba"

Speaking of dancing actors, Sam Rockwell rocks well.

I learned to dance by copying him and it certainly tended to draw admiration from onlookers - unfortunately, I had to get pissed as a newt to dance in public, so I was in no fit state to do anything about it.

Hypnotic.

seepage

peanutbutter

Quote from: JaDanketies on March 16, 2021, 12:55:41 PM
is it a coincidence that so many successful female musicians are attractive (and male musicians too for that matter)?
I imagine it's just that they're a lot less likely to be discouraged by the terrible initial effotts. Obviously for attractive young women they'd also have to put up with an absolute flood of creeps coming their way but if they can survive that they'll have a lot of people offering to help in various ways, letting them borrow instruments or teaching them shit.
It's not a net positive but for the ones who manage to survive it it could look as if it were rather than it just being them lucky to avoid some huge creeps. In Phoebe Bridgers case she doubtless got some benefits from the Ryan Adams association so early in her career, can't imagine whatever they were were worth how much of a nightmare that guy would have been though.

On the other end of the scale, it seems like at least until recently that unattractive women had a massive mountain of disinterest and sexism to get past.

Retinend

Mr_Simnock

Dawn French just appears to get hotter as time goes on, she is stunning..

Blue Jam

Mr_Simnock

Ha, didn't realise she was born in Wales, wonder when the accent was axed? Having said that both her parents were English and if they didn't mix with the locals much she probably didn't have much of a welsh accent. At the grammar school I went to it had loads of kids who lived their entire lives in the north west who had cut glass english accents because, well, fucking parents who had a tiny tiny social circle of middle class tryhards.

Blue Jam

I only noticed she had a bit of a boomy, speaking-from-the-diaphragm Welsh thing when she was a guest judge on Drag Race UK recently and I thought "Hang on, is Dawn French Welsh? *looks on Wikipedia* Ah, she's from Holyhead!". I noticed because that's a bit like the voice what I've got, something a lot of people won't recognise as Welsh, more of a "tenor" than an accent (or so I'm told) but it's there. Perhaps she does more of an English accent when in character and that's why I hadn't noticed until now.

buttgammon

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 24, 2021, 04:22:35 PM
I only noticed she had a bit of a boomy, speaking-from-the-diaphragm Welsh thing when she was a guest judge on Drag Race UK recently and I thought "Hang on, is Dawn French Welsh? *looks on Wikipedia* Ah, she's from Holyhead!". I noticed because that's a bit like the voice what I've got, something a lot of people won't recognise as Welsh, more of a "tenor" than an accent (or so I'm told) but it's there. Perhaps she does more of an English accent when in character and that's why I hadn't noticed until now.

That's my voice basically (and for what it's worth, I can hear it in Dawn French's voice too). People generally think I'm English, but the odd person that knows North Wales will catch it.

Blue Jam

I didn't really notice it in my own voice until Mr Jam pointed it out and now I can't un-hear it. I swear my accent has gone more Welsh since I moved to Scotland, maybe I'm subconsciously trying to sound less English or something.

I used to have a real thing for Scottish accents (hello, Peter Capaldi) but I guess they just don't sound so exotic to me now I hear them around me every single day.

pigamus

Neomod

Simone Marie Butler (Bass player with P. Scream)

as she has exceptonally good taste having 'liked' one of my artworks on the instagram.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

But she's not playing a bass, and all the guitars on the wall are six strings. Is she in the right job?

Neomod

Probably one of those multi instrumentalists they have these days.

Blue Jam

I always wonder how people with eye-covering fringes like that, like Chrissie Hynde or Joey Ramone, manage to go through life without being perpetually annoyed by them. The one time I had a sweeping fringe I loved it for five minutes and then made like Sunny Akani until it grew out.

(love those boots tho)

Fr.Bigley

What about that Ana De Armas?  She's right pretty in every conventional (eyes are astounding) and non conventional sense (quite mouse like). Genuinely good actor and quite possibly the only reason I sat through Knives out. I know that I've mentioned more physical attributes than personality ones, but I don't know her and if I did, that'd be stalkery innit.

Blue Jam

Fr.Bigley

pigamus

kalowski

My wife. 20 years we've been married come July. Fancy the pants off her. None of yer Sid James looking elsewhere here.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: kalowski on March 28, 2021, 08:57:32 PM
My wife. 20 years we've been married come July. Fancy the pants off her. None of yer Sid James looking elsewhere here.

Congratulations mate. That's actually super noble and decent of you. Also, you're a filthy liar.

kalowski

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on March 28, 2021, 09:01:04 PM
Congratulations mate. That's actually super noble and decent of you. Also, you're a filthy liar.
Forgot to mention that I work in a brothel.

Blue Jam

RONALADO did not reply first and this makes me sad.

YES WE ENJOY

COME BACK RONALADO

Blue Jam

Retinend

El Unicornio, mang