Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:38:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Making sure we communicate with the public is very important

Started by Butchers Blind, March 16, 2021, 10:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Blind

imitationleather

And it will cost a fortune to get rid of all that blue when Labour are elec... Actually, nevermind.

Fambo Number Mive

£33k for broadband equipment?

I see a Henry Hoover on the far right of the photo - he's there to help provide some more hot air.

I imagine each chair cost £1,000 or something like that. Meanwhile the same people who support this think we can't afford a 12.5% pay rise for NHS staff in England. (and we should give all public sector staff a 12.5% pay rise).

Butchers Blind

Don't worry, you'll be briefed on that from their Union Jacked adorned room.

Fambo Number Mive

I wonder which company/companies did the refit. Someone should do an FOI to ask that.

Fr.Bigley

2.6 MILL?! for a load of mdf boards some leds and some flags? looks like changing rooms went in and handy Andy priced a job for retirement. less than 100k worth of shit there.

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 16, 2021, 01:33:57 PM
I wonder which company/companies did the refit. Someone should do an FOI to ask that.

100% agreed.

Fambo Number Mive

I assume the Taxpayers Alliance will condemn this spending and the spending on increased nuclear warheads...

Fambo Number Mive

Johnson to give a briefing from this expensive new room later today. If there are less than a dozen flags I will put my foot through the television and send the Conservative Party the bill.

Fambo Number Mive

I think the room they've been using for briefings up until today looked a lot better.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Butchers Blind on March 16, 2021, 10:42:27 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56413032

£2.6m!? No better time for the government to spend that money.

The next four years are going to be full of expensive reminders that the UK was the only western nation that took Trump's re-election for granted and calibrated its global image accordingly to great expense.

Its not just a big white elephant, its a reminder that the top level of government were watching Trump's absolutely humiliating pandemic briefings (which cost him an election against an opposing candidate that was prev considered unelectable) and thought "we need to do exactly the same as he does, or we'll look like fools"

The Ombudsman

It's been said elsewhere on this forum, but this looks like an ITV daytime set. Naff in my opinion.

If another party ever gets elected and decides to bin the tasteless flags I bet there will be an outcry.

Fuck the flag.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 29, 2021, 05:58:30 PM
I think the room they've been using for briefings up until today looked a lot better.

And to think... Briefing Room B sits there unused, with a larger seating capacity, spiders running amok all over the brand new slide projector complete with its' own clicker so the user of the projector doesn't have to say 'next slide please'... but it never gets used because COBRB doesn't sound like something out of James Bond.

Fambo Number Mive

According to the latest issue of Private Eye the speaker's platform is not accessible to wheelchair users.

MoreauVasz

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on March 29, 2021, 07:38:40 PM
And to think... Briefing Room B sits there unused, with a larger seating capacity, spiders running amok all over the brand new slide projector complete with its' own clicker so the user of the projector doesn't have to say 'next slide please'... but it never gets used because COBRB doesn't sound like something out of James Bond.

Pretty sure Briefing Room B has been designated a multifunction prayer/meditation space. Nobody wants to deliver important news about the RAF developing a new generation of Spitfires surrounded by yoga mats and an inflatable bouncy Baha'u'llah.

Fambo Number Mive

BBC reports there will be no White House style press conferences, they don't say why. The room will still be used the PM and officials, I presume for briefings.

Absolute disgrace how much money was spent on this.
The man who spent millions on a Garden Bridge which never happened wastes more money.

touchingcloth

I wonder what specific items you need to buy to rack up £35k on "broadband equipment".

Buelligan

Would it be very wrong, reflecting badly on the site as a whole, if I said I hope all these fucks get exactly what they deserve?  Just leave it at that.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Buelligan on April 20, 2021, 09:15:22 PM
Would it be very wrong, reflecting badly on the site as a whole, if I said I hope all these fucks get exactly what they deserve?  Just leave it at that.

I hope someone clobbers them to death with a Colin the Caterpillar and shoved a helichocter up their dead arses. I sincerely and seriously wish for this, and would commit the acts myself if the opportunity arose, for example later today when I head down to Whitehall with ten Colins.

idunnosomename

does it have fucking carpet tiles?

oh maybe thats just the shadows

seepage

It's easier to replace one rather than try to scrub off all the vomit and blood.

Buelligan

I don't think that's an issue, seepage, money is no issue with this shower of thieving cunts.  I hope they all get surcharged and if they can't pay up, the NHS takes payment in organs.  There, I've said it.

Butchers Blind

Noticed how this got buried under other news of the day.