Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:02:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Les Rallizes Denudes to reform?

Started by NoSleep, March 16, 2021, 05:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSleep

An outside chance that this could be reality. An ex-band member was in contact with Takashi Mizutani recently and there were words about a "last tour" after an absence for 20-30 years (Mizutani last performed in '97; not with Les Rallizes Denudes). I found out about this via the following short history of the band (around 13:58):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq1wGRgM5jE

I only just watched the documentary about the proto-punk band Death which could have parallels with the above if it ever becomes reality. A previously obscure band, that have subsequently become legendary, meeting their audience today.

See you there.

Goldentony

How old is he? Exciting, but hopefully this isn't some 25 quid a ticket Hackney/VICE thing. Wonder how he'll get on with travelling after that Red Army hijacking stuff.

NoSleep

Quote from: Goldentony on March 16, 2021, 05:24:41 PM
Wonder how he'll get on with travelling after that Red Army hijacking stuff.

Watch the video. It was an ex-member who did that (although it subsequently caused problems for the band) and that same ex-member appears in the video in a clip from a recent interview with him (still living in NK, where they flew the hijacked plane).

AllisonSays

One of the only 'revival' acts I would be genuinely excited to try and see if they toured.

sardines

All for this.
If only to replace the current market for floods of unofficial shit quality bootlegs with floods of unofficial half decent quality bootlegs.

Shaky

Reading into this a bit more, it seems there were rumours of a reformation over a year ago too so I'm not holding out any hope. Presumably Covid is a major barrier still as well.

NoSleep

Knowing the nature of the band I'm sure the Covid restrictions have probably inspired them to try to reach out. Like how Sun Ra kept a big band going when all others had ceased in favour of small groups. Some artists like a bit of friction to get going.

NoSleep

Kento Bento has just uploaded a video ("part 1") about the hijack that the bass player was involved in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQtf50Ff3dA

Jockice

Good news. I loved Top Of The Pops and Destination Venus.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: AllisonSays on March 16, 2021, 07:29:36 PM
One of the only 'revival' acts I would be genuinely excited to try and see if they toured.
Agreed. I'm pretty sure I have NoSleep to thank for getting me into them, too.

Goldentony

yeah same, another hit for NoSleep

NoSleep

I found out about them via Marvin on CaB Radio. I can't remember now if he actually played them or just spoke about them (EDIT: I'm now recalling him talking about Heavier Than A Death In The Family) but because of him I have over 60 CDs-worth of Les Rallizes releases including many bootlegs found on Dime as well as a number of videos.

NoSleep