Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:48:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hokey Cokey Shitey Cuntery

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 16, 2021, 06:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Load of twee dickheads in Hastings doing the Hokey Cokey outside, singing loudly, some probably holding hands with people outside of their households.

No fines were issued, police dispersed them.

https://twitter.com/BBCSussex/status/1371389760628011009

Can't see if they were wearing masks but doubt they were. No doubt if they'd had a vigil the police would have stormed in.

To be honest, the Hokey Cokey is overrated anyway. Haven't done it since I was a small child.

Is it something parents often do with their children or is it mainly for twee middle class people like the ones in Hastings?

Also, how did this event happen? Was it on Facebook or did a few families decide to get together for a Hokey Cokey?

The Argus estimates about 40 people were there. I know outdoor transmission is lower risk than indoor but meeting up to sing the Hokey Cokey seems a bit risky.

bgmnts

For anyone who says anything about "vigil during pandemic" bollocks, you got things like this happening constantly with no punishment.

Just dont challenge authority basically.

BlodwynPig

Ah, the Hokey Cokey lives on in some of the beigest communities of England, Christ. Any of them have perms? Chortling at Mr. Blobby were they. Russ Abbot. Babycham. Getting groped by mullet Mike? The German equivalent are those uber-dreizig parties where they all line up and do the same routine to horrible euro-housed-up Schlager and some dickhead local DJ bellowing over the music every 5 seconds. "Jaaaaa, sooooo sexxxxxyyyy, sooooo geillllll"

thenoise

Those kids are all licking the same railings at primary school together all day, I doubt this makes any difference.

Petey Pate

This seems especially tasteless when the inventor of the Hokey Cokey died last week, and more so when his family had such a traumatic incident at his funeral when they tried to get his left leg in the coffin...

I'll see myself out.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Petey Pate on March 16, 2021, 10:50:41 PM
This seems especially tasteless when the inventor of the Hokey Cokey died last week, and more so when his family had such a traumatic incident at his funeral when they tried to get his left leg in the coffin...

I'll see myself out.

QuoteFal de ral la, fal de ral la:
Hinkumbooby, round about;
Right hands in, and left hands out,
Hinkumbooby, round about;
Fal de ral la, fal de ral la

QuoteDenmark[edit]
Mostly performed in the British style of the dance, it is known as the "boogie woogie" (pronounced /ˌbʊɡiː ˈwʊɡiː/).[15]

New Zealand[edit]
In New Zealand, the dance is usually known as the "hokey tokey",[16][17] or the "hokey cokey" because hokey pokey is the usual term for honeycomb toffee

Added to my list of beigest Countries on earth

Thinking about how Covid safe each group dance is:

Hokey Cokey: death vapour marshalled to a central point and huffed by all

Line Dance: with the right synchronisation could be performed at a 2m distance on any open ground

Conga: centipede of respiratory doom for the cunt at the back, particularly during the critical 'getting longa' phase, which left unchecked runs the very real risk of overwhelming our NHS