Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:19:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Rivals podcast

Started by Keebleman, March 17, 2021, 04:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keebleman

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1119-rivals-57847258/

Not sure if Rivals has been mentioned on CaB before but it is a terrific podcast dedicated to exploring rock n roll feuds, covering the whole of popular music from 50s to the present day.  Britney vs Xtina, Elvis vs Jerry Lee, Simon vs Garfunkel, many others.  It's witty, well-researched and the two hosts are admirably broadminded about music, their enthusiasm about the artists never coming over as forced or perfunctory.

Sadly though, you have to change the tense in the previous paragraph to the past, because I Heart Radio has actually cancelled it.  Lord knows why, though in the final episode the hosts joke about how David Geffen was upset about how they treated him in their three (!) episodes dedicated to the bitterness and wrangling that constituted The Eagles' career.  It'll be a real shame if they don't find another home, but the couple of dozen episodes they have produced are an admirable body of work.

Johnboy

Oh, i like the look of this, thanks!

Brundle-Fly

What a great idea for a podcast. Shame it's been canned already. They should get in touch with Great Big Owl.

Custard

Yeah, I'll have a bit of that too! Thanks for the heads up

47 episodes, it appears. Nice!

non capisco

I need something to fill the barren Chart Music-less weeks, will give it a go, cheers!

Custard

Just wanna say that I'm very much enjoying this. Though maybe I've been a bit spoilt by the epic Chart Music runtimes, as these feel very slight compared, at 45 minutes or so. Really annoying adverts for other podcasts too, but that's very small gripes as this is a great listen. Cheers for the heads up!

Dusty Substance

Quote from: Shameless Custard on April 06, 2021, 01:25:45 PM
Really annoying adverts for other podcasts too

There are few things more annoying than ads for podcasts that I don't listen to. Makes me wonder how adverts for podcasts I do like sound to people who haven't heard them,

Not listened to Rivals yet but like the sound of it. Gonna find an ep that looks like a good entry point.

EDIT: Don't know why but I just assumed this was going to be a British podcast, so was a little taken aback at hearing the American accents. No bad thing, of course. I kind of prefer U.S podcasts over British podcasts. Anyway, now listening to the episode about the rivalry between Peter Hook ("the David Crosby of New Order") and Ber-nard Sumner (lol at the way Americans say Bernard).