Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:38:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Antibody Test

Started by Chedney Honks, March 17, 2021, 01:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedney Honks

Just out of curiosity, I'm gonna do one of these before I get banged with Lil' Clotta.

Anyone done one either for a laugh or professional or personal reasons and got any experience?

shiftwork2

I had one in late June.  At the time there was plenty of 'oooh I had a sore throat in December was that it' type codswallop and it certainly put paid to that idea, so crack on.

You'll be hoping you won't be getting the laughing stock Oxford vaccine then will you TBC?

Chedney Honks

I really hope not. I have quite wide veins but I don't know if that's a good thing or not. Is it better for them to get stuck in my leg than swim straight into my fucking brain? Either way, fondant aorta from the Bullingdon nanomachines. Ocko gone the dogs. Only confirms what I've long suspected.

Ordered one from Lloydspharmacy, so fingers crossed it doesn't come back as diabetes.

Chedney Honks

Just turned up at the door, spilled my blood already. Now to find out if I can blame everything on long Covid or just a lazy bastard.

Consignia

Quote from: Chedney Honks on March 17, 2021, 01:27:02 PM
Just out of curiosity, I'm gonna do one of these before I get banged with Lil' Clotta.

Anyone done one either for a laugh or professional or personal reasons and got any experience?

I had one. Free from my company, so did it for the lols like you suggested. Came back negative 😂🤣🤣🤣.

Me and the missus have had weird (non-COVID) symptoms on and off for months now, but £50 is quite a lot of money. And if it comes back positive, what am I going to do with that info? Other than wonder when I got it and if I helped cause a few Xmas deaths and feel guilty about it? When my knees start aching, turn to my missus and say "Probably long COVID that"?

Nope, gonna bury my fondant head in the sand, I reckon.

Drygate

How long are they saying the antibodies last for?

Like, if I did one of these tests, would it tell me if I've ever had covid or just if I've had it in the last X months?

nugget

I took one around September because I was pretty sure I had mild Covid symptoms in January 2020 after spending a week in Milan, but the test result came back negative. Then I found out that antibody levels can drop quickly over a few months, so the test didn't actually confirm anything other than I'd not had it recently. I just did it out of curiosity really, and so that I could brag about getting Covid before it became popular, but unfortunately I'm none the wiser.

Drygate

I was hoping to be able brag that I had covid but didn't even notice as I'm so hard/healthy but alas it sounds like that might not be possible with these tests.