Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:29:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Explosion on the Tube.

Started by TraceyQ, July 07, 2005, 10:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeachSmints

Thank fucking Christ that I wasn't supposed to be in for the 10am shift at work. I have to go from Liverpool St. to Kings Cross to get to the Victoria line.

This explosion on a bus sounds most worrying of all.

Suttonpubcrawl

There are more bus explosions reported on News 24.

mikeyg27

I'm hearing Police hurtling down Kingsland Road quite a lot at the moment.

amp

EVERYBODY PANIC!!!!

(looks like they did have WMD after all!)

Blair for President!

etc...

Frinky

Quote from: "Suttonpubcrawl"There are more bus explosions reported on News 24.

I think that's just been confirmed as a mistake, and it's just one.

Flook

breaking reports of 3 bus explosions 5 or 6 on tubes and other 'explosive devices' found. Five Live

Gazeuse

Hope all London Whores are OK.

Is TR about???

TotalNightmare

Quote from: "amp"EVERYBODY PANIC!!!!

Dont panic mr wanwairing!

They dont like it up them!

Mr. Analytical

Unles something new starts happening it's hardly Madrid is it?  clearly Al Qaeda's 'difficult second album' problems haven't cleared up.

Paul Dee

Christ, I hope everyone on here's ok.

And obviously everyone in general.

High Roller

Just heard a massive bang in Victoria and all mobile lines are blocked

slim

:(

Thank fuck ladyslim negotiated working at home two days a week just two days ago. She'd have been travelling through Liverpool St at exactly that time.

I hope all you London 'whores are ok.

Fuck, this means living in fear, more scrutiny and a whole load of devastated lives.

Apparently a load of buses have blown up.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteAl Qaeda's 'difficult second album' problems

I really shouldn't have laughed at that whilst waiting for my sister to ring me back to confirm that she is ok.

imitationleather

If this was terrorism, everyone's been expecting it for so long that it actually feels like quite a relief that it's finally happened.

I'm in Soho at the moment, but nothing seems untoward outside.

Good point about TR, I'll ring him now

Frinky

Quote from: "slim"Apparently a load of buses have blown up.

I'm still not hearing this on TV, they've said twice now that they think it's a reporting mistake.

Engaged, network busy, fuck

Regular John

I think its just one bus bomb that has been reported in two places right next to each other.

slim

You could be right Frinky, everyone's just working on hearsay at the moment.

I feel sick.

Girlfriend's walking home now and saying that all the buses passing her are empty and have been taken out of service.

Frinky

Quote from: "Regular John"I think its just one bus bomb that has been reported in two places right next to each other.

Yes, this is what I've been hearing. Tavistock Square.

E: Wah, the bus looks fucked

Bomb on channel tunnel apparently, ok, so this is terrorism after all. Fuck.  I can't get in touch with TR or anyone else

Shoulders?-Stomach!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4659093.stm

The latest web news I can find.

I'm glad they've taken the sensible precaution of closing the bus services.

terminallyrelaxed

I was about to leave for the tube station (was going to go to work late today of all days) when my mum rang asking if I was alright and where was I.

The whole network is closed, and I'm at home instead of the other end. I might try and get a bus to work if its just a 'power surge' but the exploding bus story gives me pause for thought.

Mr. Analytical

Quote from: "imitationleather"If this was terrorism, everyone's been expecting it for so long that it actually feels like quite a relief that it's finally happened.

Now that it is here, I'm just getting the same old IRA feelings really.  

Not so much "we're all going to die" as "well how am I going to get to Forbidden Planet now then?  selfish terrorists disrupting the transport".

I hope everyone's okay  but  a few bombed busses is a bit of a come down when the government's spent the last 3 years shriekind about biological weapons and dirty bombs on the tube and whatnot.

Frinky

Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"Bomb on channel tunnel apparently, ok, so this is terrorism after all. Fuck.  I can't get in touch with TR or anyone else

I'm sure this is all just a promo tie-in for War Of The Worlds.

amp

Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"Engaged, network busy, fuck

I'm not surprised, just everyone else having the same idea as you...

Quote from: "terminallyrelaxed"I was about to leave for the tube station (was going to go to work late today of all days) when my mum rang asking if I was alright and where was I.

The whole network is closed, and I'm at home instead of the other end. I might try and get a bus to work if its just a 'power surge' but the exploding bus story gives me pause for thought.

Hurrah!  Just got your answerphone message.  Glad you're ok.

23 Daves

Quote from: "Mr. Analytical"
Quote from: "imitationleather"If this was terrorism, everyone's been expecting it for so long that it actually feels like quite a relief that it's finally happened.

Now that it is here, I'm just getting the same old IRA feelings really.  

Not so much "we're all going to die" as "well how am I going to get to Forbidden Planet now then?  selfish terrorists disrupting the transport".

That seemed to be the general attitude on the bus I was on.  In fact, one woman said "Blahdy typical, innit?  Just when I had to be in work for a conference".   In fact, people were being quite gossipy and light-hearted, though I doubt they would have been had they known that buses were also being blown up.

We've been here before.  It's always been one of the downsides of living in London.

Leila

jesus christ. I really hope all you whores and your friends and family are ok.